General Yuzuru Chat

But in his youtube channel the number is frozen at 700.00...

eLq8uFvl.jpg

Although, 700K in less than a month... I don't know if this is common with certain celebrities, but it still seems awesome to me.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
2 hours ago, Anni said:

Now we know what Yuzu did in Osaka :11135030:

[NEWS]

FbZKlRraQAANawQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

Phiten will continue to support Yuzu.:agree:

@CiONTUw4A

I also hope, that Yuzu and Ghislain can meet. :smiley-angelic001:

So today we got to see Yuzu again in photos!

Since I became a Fanyu, I don't think I experienced a full drought which is amazing. 

New Yuzu-inspired Phiten collection?! I can dream!

22 hours ago, Umebachi said:

An interesting discussion among the Japanese twst:  basically about how Yuzu has transformed the Japanese sports media, which used to cater to the "old dudes" - i.e., men who liked vulgar news and scandals.  Now the Jmedia are realizing that this kind of reporting will immediately turn off female audience, who will mark the offending company for targetted boycotting and will never ever purchase any of their products.  

It's occurring to me more and more forcefully that a huge part of FS's problem is that it's a sport run by old men that attracts a largely female audience. And the men who run it regard the relative lack of male fans as a problem they must solve my any and all means -- including waging psychological warfare on the GOAT. They obviously haven't gotten the memo that this is the 21st Century, because the flaws in their logic would be laughable if they weren't so tragic. Let's take a look at some of those flaws:

(First, apologies for talking in terms of a gender binary. Everything I say regarding the disrespect showed to women applies with even greater force to trans, nonconforming and nonbinary fans.)

• In many cultures, women's spending power is on a par with men's, or nearly so. Women also have more influence over family spending in some cultures. 
  • Because so many sports cater to men, women represent an immense, comparatively untapped market segment. 
  • Although some men reject FS as too "girly," many men actually don't drag their knuckles when they walk. They can appreciate virtuosity even if it wears sparkles and ruffles.
  • Even if the ISU's machinations gain it some new fans (which is highly questionable), it's asinine to do so at the cost of alienating a huge swath of the existing fan base.
  • When you're on shaky financial ground, driving away your biggest revenue source is a path to bankruptcy -- and who knows what scandalous revelations will emerge, once your creditors lawyers start digging through your files? 

In sum, I devoutly hope that ISU's misogyny will be repaid with financial ruin, disgrace, and civil and/or criminal penalties. 

:hachimaki_angryparty_:

1 minute ago, ZuCritter said:

It's occurring to me more and more forcefully that a huge part of FS's problem is that it's a sport run by old men that attracts a largely female audience. And the men who run it regard the relative lack of male fans as a problem they must solve my any and all means -- including waging psychological warfare on the GOAT. They obviously haven't gotten the memo that this is the 21st Century, because the flaws in their logic would be laughable if they weren't so tragic. Let's take a look at some of those flaws:

(First, apologies for talking in terms of a gender binary. Everything I say regarding the disrespect showed to women applies with even greater force to trans, nonconforming and nonbinary fans.)

• In many cultures, women's spending power is on a par with men's, or nearly so. Women also have more influence over family spending in some cultures. 
  • Because so many sports cater to men, women represent an immense, comparatively untapped market segment. 
  • Although some men reject FS as too "girly," many men actually don't drag their knuckles when they walk. They can appreciate virtuosity even if it wears sparkles and ruffles.
  • Even if the ISU's machinations gain it some new fans (which is highly questionable), it's asinine to do so at the cost of alienating a huge swath of the existing fan base.
  • When you're on shaky financial ground, driving away your biggest revenue source is a path to bankruptcy -- and who knows what scandalous revelations will emerge, once your creditors lawyers start digging through your files? 

In sum, I devoutly hope that ISU's misogyny will be repaid with financial ruin, disgrace, and civil and/or criminal penalties. 

Everything that you have stated in your post is true, also facts and statistics back up what you have stated.

I have also mentioned similar in previous posts, sorry to be repetitive:

If anyone watched ISU congress, the lack of diversity of the council was shocking. 

Many business and financial experts are continuously exploring methods to engage women and the spending power that they have, with so called clever marketing strategies. The Film "The Colour Room" explores the above, very well, story about the pottery painter Clarice Cliff and what eventually became her iconic tableware.

ISU will rue the day that the Golden goose flew the nest

Once financial revenue is cut off for any organisation, the accounts can rapidly fall into disarray and this leads to a major audit. Old files/records are opened and all manner of secrets are laid bare. 

Budget deficit for the 2022-2023 season is already 4.5 million CHF, according to finance report discussed at ISU congress this summer

Olympic funding is due to be reduced, for subsequent seasons to the tune of 2 million CHF annually. Tweet found by @Elly - thank you Elly

4 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Budget deficit for the 2022-2023 season is already 4.5 million CHF, according to finance report discussed at ISU congress this summer

Olympic funding is due to be reduced, for subsequent seasons to the tune of 2 million CHF annually. Tweet found by @Elly - thank you Elly

Seeing as ISU has not expected Yuzu to turn pro before the season begin, the 4.5 million CHF deficit is not inclusive of that! it seemed to me, they expected his last  competition to be at Saitama.

27 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

A great analysis. I totally agree. These old men live anchored in a past in which women had no purchasing power, no decision, as well as no knowledge, always of course according to their standards. It is one of the things that bothers me the most, that certain sectors take for granted that because I am a woman I do not understand or properly appreciate a sport.

It is very sad that their prejudices are killing a sport as hard and beautiful as FS.