General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

An interesting discussion among the Japanese twst:  basically about how Yuzu has transformed the Japanese sports media, which used to cater to the "old dudes" - i.e., men who liked vulgar news and scandals.  Now the Jmedia are realizing that this kind of reporting will immediately turn off female audience, who will mark the offending company for targetted boycotting and will never ever purchase any of their products.  

He has such influence! and so do (predominantly) women readers who support Yuzuru!

I've been keeping up with everything that is happening around here. I had Covid and felt awful for a few days, finally got better, but there was so much Yuzu content I wasn't able to process much and then I was gone for the weekend.

Now I finally had a day to settle down.

The 24HTV Rondo was gorgeous - it's the highlight of my day - the behind the stage footage from Kobe was so cool and fun to watch and the little snippets from Nagoya that popped around on Twitter were nice as well.

Now, of course, the question is: when will we see Yuzu again?

However, it feels good to know that there was so much Yuzu content in the past few weeks. I feel only excitement and eagerness for what's to come since it seems Yuzu is quite busy as a pro athlete now.

5 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I've been keeping up with everything that is happening around here. I had Covid and felt awful for a few days, finally got better, but there was so much Yuzu content I wasn't able to process much and then I was gone for the weekend.

Now I finally had a day to settle down.

The 24HTV Rondo was gorgeous - it's the highlight of my day - the behind the stage footage from Kobe was so cool and fun to watch and the little snippets from Nagoya that popped around on Twitter were nice as well.

Now, of course, the question is: when will we see Yuzu again?

However, it feels good to know that there was so much Yuzu content in the past few weeks. I feel only excitement and eagerness for what's to come since it seems Yuzu is quite busy as a pro athlete now.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Hope that you have a speedy and full recovery. Sending healing thoughts. 

In years past, pre COVID Yuzu would have been practising for the first competition, Challenger series AC. There may even have been an airing of the works in progress almost complete at 'media day'.

Fans would have been anticipating new programmes and costume reveal.

The COVID years, Yuzu was hermit like and only attended comparatively few competitions.

Newly minted pro athlete Yuzu is something of an enigma. What happens next is anyone's guess. Nessie has yet to be tamed. If there have been any choreography collaborations, they have been kept as a very closely guarded secret. If Satomi received a new costume commission, she has kept any Yuzu related work under wraps. So many mysteries to be unravelled and not even a hint at what may be afoot or when this might be announced. 

Thank you, @Perelandra!

In a way, I will always be sad that I never got to experience a full season of Yuzu competing. Nevertheless, what he has shown in less than 2 months since he announced him starting his pro career, I definitely felt a whirlwind of emotions. For me, SharePractice was, in a way, media day, but rewritten to fit the new context.

A new costume, what a beautiful thought! I'm sure Yuzu has a lot of ideas for new programs, consequently, needing costumes. We will see in the (possibly) not so distant future some breathtaking pieces.

Collaborations with other skaters, I'm deeply curious how that would look like. I believe that we can all agree that Yuzu on ice is something almost too beautiful to be true. Another skater will never shine as brightly beside Yuzu in normal circumstances. And still, there's a certainty that whomever Yuzu will collaborate with will receive just as much attention as Yuzu while on the ice.

14 hours ago, Anni said:

I also post this here again:

2 versions of "Rondo" without commentary were uploaded. :heart:

[NEWS]

By the way Yuzu has currently 699.000 subscribers.:tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

I love the second version the most!

I mean, the first one isn't shabby by any means, but the second version kept the framing at full-body, so we can always see the entirety of Yuzu's posture/pose at any point in his SP. That is not the case with the first version, where it will sometime switch to a half-body shot (and it's the upper half one :wut:).

It should be possible to maintain full-body framing with multiple camera POVs too, and yet...why the heck the editing team was intent on closing up just on the upper body ahskfjdkhfkfjfkfgjlf (truly my pet peeve on FS broadcast recording :gaah: — at least with skycam you get to see the whole body(!) (...even from a distance(!!)))

Anyway, I'll rewatch this as much as I can, truly the footage of Rondo worthy to be admired and wept on :softYuzu:

@LiaRy Welcome back! I hope you can fully recover soon :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

7 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I love the second version the most!

I mean, the first one isn't shabby by any means, but the second version kept the framing at full-body, so we can always see the entirety of Yuzu's posture/pose at any point in his SP. That is not the case with the first version, where it will sometime switch to a half-body shot (and it's the upper half one :wut:).

It should be possible to maintain full-body framing with multiple camera POVs too, and yet...why the heck the editing team was intent on closing up just on the upper body ahskfjdkhfkfjfkfgjlf (truly my pet peeve on FS broadcast recording :gaah: — at least with skycam you get to see the whole body(!) (...even from a distance(!!)))

Anyway, I'll rewatch this as much as I can, truly the footage of Rondo worthy to be admired and wept on :softYuzu:

I have never understood why in a sport like FS they focus so often on only half the body. When they do it I feel like I'm missing half of the story Yuzu's skating is telling us... Imo, those close up shots should be left for slow motion replays.

1 hour ago, Anni said:

Now we know what Yuzu did in Osaka :11135030:

[NEWS]

FbZKlRraQAANawQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

That visit had to be very interesting, to see what the manufacturing process is like.

17 hours ago, Xiupia said:

I'm so glad a lot of us are feeling the proper closure of this chapter right now. 

For some reason I thought watching the whole thing would open some wounds but it did the exact opposite. I was maybe more fine than most with this retirement and tremendously excited when he opened his youtube channel, but having all the proper words out there in the same day of "rondo's redemption" really shifted something. 

I especially appreciate the care and work of the AWW team in putting out his words in a few specific questions; the one at 9:30ish minute in the video, on "what is the reason you decided to retire from competition and are you sad about it?", the one at 13:18ish, on "what made you reach this decision (and are you out of all comps)?" and the one at around 24:30ish "(...) what was the deciding factor for you in reaching this decision?".  

They sound a little repetitive but Yuzu answered all very thoroughly, in my opinion, and I think some questions the fans have had for the past month could be put to rest with these. 

We now know, for example, he though about his decision / made the decision while in rehab post-Beijing and spent FaOI processing it. We now know he himself changed his mind about landing the 4A in competition - he literally implies that, that he changed his mind about it (so while he gave interviews during FaOI he was in a different mindset already). We know that being accessible is his biggest priority together with bettering himself (the youtube channel already proved it, but is funny seeing the implication of it right there). The 4A was indeed his main motivation for continuing after 4CC in 2020 ("the gold he still didn't have"), and he has though about retiring at every comp since Pyeongchang. 

I appreciate that he really took control over his own narrative and journey and decision in all of this, which is why I don't think alluding he was "left without choice" is a fair assessment of his decision anymore. 

I also love the answer he gives to the question "(...) is there anything (particular to you) that made you come this far?" at 16:20ish. 

I could go on and on about this presscon, but that's boring :rofl3:

Yuzu's channel at 700k subscribers is a thing of celebration! Road to that gold button now (1m subs)!

Can't wait for his next project, I see that even japanese media posting videos of FaOI or his performance at 24hTV is a great sign of how accessible his next endeavours will be <3

I was finally able to see the press conference with the subs of the AWW team. I agree with you. I was a little scared of my reaction, but while watching it I couldn't stop thinking "if only we could understand what he says from the first moment..." That was my feeling since Yuzu was so serene (within normal nervousness for the situation), not only in his pose, but in his words, in the content. Without anger, without sorrow, with determination and clear ideas. Of course, the pain, for my part, of having to give up the dream of seeing him compete irl could not have been avoided, but perhaps the blow would not have been so hard, I think.

Btw, the number of subscribers to Yuzu's channel has frozen at 700k... Youtube is thinking that something is wrong? :rofl3:Youtube, everything is fine, it is usual when it comes to Yuzu, you better get used to it :hihi: