General Yuzuru Chat

The Weekend Lutz - Daily Spread Eagle Special Edition

Emperor Hanyu Performs Ice Cave Rituals and Broadcasts to the Planet

A special message was sent from Ice Emperor that the entire court should gather at Palace Hanyu to view another ice crystal broadcast form Ice Caves Sendai.

Prime Minister Pooh received the communication via crystal broadcast and was instructed to make suitable arrangements at the Palace for inhabitants of the Palace and Planetary satellites to receive the broadcast. Emperor Hanyu informed the Prime Minister that the preparation for ice rituals was now complete and that the Emperor wished to share this with the entire planet.

The atmosphere in the Palace became increasingly joyful and the Jump ladies in particular became increasingly excitable and easily distracted from their duties. As the day of the broadcast drew closer the general mood within the palace was ebullient. The ladies would continually pester Palace staff for news and required constant reminders as to how many days before the Emperor would appear. 

The day of the broadcast dawned and the Palace was thick with an air of anticipation which pervaded all of the court activities. Eventually Lady 3A declared that as it was now nigh on impossible to focus on any of the daily routines, they should be abandoned in favour of preparing for the imminent broadcast. 

The ladies adjourned to the ornamental gardens, where a screen of white silk had been draped between two balconies and seated themselves on cushions, facing the screen. The Palace Poohs had prepared a the Emperor's favourite hotpot and drinks made with melted chocolate with candied ginger and marshmallows. 

The dusk settled over the gardens and the screen began to flicker with tiny firefly lights. The lights began to spread across the screen and eventually the scene of the Ice Cave interior was revealed. The caves were dark but illuminated with blue flames, the brightness of the flames increased and the Emperor stood on the centre of the cave. He was wearing a garment made from blue feathers tipped with gold, recognisable as the plumage of the male Shuu Paa bird. 

An ethereal melody began and the Emperor began to dance and glide across the ice cave floor. The music swirled and seemed to emanate from the cave walls themselves. 

The Jump ladies watched completely entranced. The Emperor moved smoothly across the ice faster, then leaping, turning this way and that, intricate steps, expressive arm movements, twirling across the ice floor. The music stopped then changed this time to a tune played by a flute and drums, the lights were now green like a bamboo forest. The performance told the story of a powerful mage and once again the Emperor wove a magic spell using a sequence of steps, twists and turns. As the flute notes faded, the Emperor threw his arms out wide to capture the universe, then he brought his hands together, palms facing one above the other, enclosing mischievous spirits to prevent them from causing trouble in the mortal realm.

The Emperor was exhausted after his exertions, but his face was suffused with an expression of contentment and relief. He had triumphed over the demons of chaos and prevailed. 

The Emperor addressed the Jump ladies and Prime Minister, he assured everyone that he was well and making good progress with his endeavours at the Ice Caves.

The Emperor declared that he had performed the End of Summer Ritual in the manner that he had always envisioned, and that this pleased him greatly.

He hoped that the rituals would continue to have great meaning and lift the hearts of inhabitants and satellites surrounding the Planet.

The Jump ladies were yawning now that all of the excitement was dissipating, Lady 3A ushered them all back to the Palace leaving Prime Minister Pooh to converse in private with the Emperor. 

The Planetary satellites whirled around the Planet sending messages to one another and to other planets and worlds. 

Everyone, including the Emperor was delighted with the resounding success of the rituals. 

Full presscon subbed by our wonderful axelwithwings team:

Full video here:

https://axelwithwings.com/2022/07/19/eng-sub-yuzuru-hanyu-press-conference-決意表明-20220719/

Is an hour and 7 minutes video, with transcript and english subs. 
I watched half way through, lots of things on my mind here.

For everyone: he answers the question “when did you decide to retire?”. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
Just now, Xiupia said:

Full presscon subbed by our wonderful axelwithwings team:

Full video here:

https://axelwithwings.com/2022/07/19/eng-sub-yuzuru-hanyu-press-conference-決意表明-20220719/

Is an hour and 7 minutes video, with transcript and english subs. 
I watched half way through, lots of things on my mind here.

For everyone: he answers the question “when did you decide to retire?”. 

Was just about to post! Please give some love to the AWW team through Lae, Shinji and Tsuki’s Kofis. This was such hard work on their part. 

I couldn't catch up live since I was on the road, but now that I have caught up I am relieved that Yuzu was able to skate Rondo with all jumps landed :softYuzu: (to say the least from this showing...).

Seimei StSq was also a nice touch :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:, I am sure Miura-san (the girl invited by YH for this special showing) will cherish this performance in her heart for the rest of her life 💙💙💙💙💙

Idk about you guys but the clean Rondo last night, Yuzu’s words after he skated it saying he was nervous in revisiting the program and finally taking the leap of courage to be able to move forward and the full translation of the conference by AWW team released today really brought me the closure I never knew I needed since July 19th. I thought I was already reassured after all the things like YT and SharePractice but today I can also finally move on for real. 

Guest Mary_kyo

I have been rewatching Rondo on repeat to gain strength but still get astonished of how this man with this unbelievable level of skating, at his best ever, was showed the exit door numerous times to “open room” for the skaters such as Yuma, Shoma or Ilia.

It’s not a loss for Yuzu though, he is showing his ideal FS freely while gathering attentions even more than before but what a huge loss for FS as sport. The GOAT was still very capable to push boundaries of the “competitive skating” but the toxic community didn’t want it. USFS skaters recorded tributes for him before Beijing, while Shoma and Yuma treated him as some finished/surpassed/"has been" skater in Beijing. Beijing was so ugly for FS as sport tbh but finally made Yuzu let go the torturing rope. He is like a balloon that is free from heavy useless weights that were holding him down so now he is soaring high. But really which sport actively tries to push their best athlete to retirement at his peak? sigh