General Yuzuru Chat

Guest Mary_kyo

I'm very out of loop these days so apologies if this is already shared:

He is really admirable for choosing the hard path and sticking to his beliefs through all the hardships. This tough decision made him a hero and he proved in Beijing that no medal or hardship can make him waver or lose this belief. Totally inspiring. 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I honestly think that there is a merchandising line here for Team Yuzu to explore. Not necessarily soakers, but bring back the costume themed water bottle covers or create costume themed beanie hats, scarfs, snoods or shopping bags. This could be a great line of merchandise because fans would be able to buy winter accessories in their favourite design. 

10 hours ago, monchan said:

New product from AWW

Thanks to AWW for translating the full interview with Yuzu and Shuzo Matsuoka. It's good to hear Yuzu is positive about his future, his words are reassuring and inspirational.

If not for the 4A he didn't want to go to Beijing. His perseverance and hard work is incredible. All the trainings in the past years, especially since the pandemic when he trained alone at night must have been so difficult. I am happy he is finally free from judging, scores, competition and he won't have any of the boundaries and pressure that come with being an amateur athlete. 

SharePractice was already fantastic and he organised it in just a few weeks. He surely has so many other great ideas as a pro..we will probably hear more about his plans in the coming months. I am looking forward to his activites and projects and will continue to support him as always 💕

Watching the YuzuSkatingParty a thought came to my mind. Without the restrictions and obligations of the competition rules, would Yuzu make any changes to his programs? In the sense of getting closer to what he wanted or wants to express with each of them. Something like the director's cut but with his programs. I don't know if I'm explaining myself, today my mind is a little slow...

21 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Watching the YuzuSkatingParty a thought came to my mind. Without the restrictions and obligations of the competition rules, would Yuzu make any changes to his programs? In the sense of getting closer to what he wanted or wants to express with each of them. Something like the director's cut but with his programs. I don't know if I'm explaining myself, today my mind is a little slow...

I understand what you are trying to say.

Freed from the formulae that the programmes must adhere to for comps, Yuzu will be able to evolve his programmes towards his ideals. There will not be the constraints to perform a given number nor limitations on variety of quad jumps within any given programme, same for the spins and other special movements. Length of a programme will be only limited by stamina and expression will not have to be sacrificed because another jump must be included for the sake to scoring extra points. 

Yuzu will have almost limitless freedom to create a well composed programme to express the music and the story, which will contain the technical elements that best fits the music and story that Yuzu wishes to convey.

About right?

5 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Freed from the formulae that the programmes must adhere to for comps, Yuzu will be able to evolve his programmes towards his ideals. There will not be the constraints to perform a given number nor limitations on variety of quad jumps within any given programme, same for the spins and other special movements. Length of a programme will be only limited by stamina and expression will not have to be sacrificed because another jump mist be included for the sake to scoring extra points. 

Yuzu will have almost limitless freedom to create a well composed programme to express the music and the story, which will contain the technical elements that best fits the music and story that Yuzu wishes to convey.

About right?

Yes, but I'm mainly referring to his "old" competition programs. I know that from now on his programs will be freer. Raison was already an example of it, a wonderful example.

12 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Freed from the formulae that the programmes must adhere to for comps, Yuzu will be able to evolve his programmes towards his ideals. There will not be the constraints to perform a given number nor limitations on variety of quad jumps within any given programme, same for the spins and other special movements. Length of a programme will be only limited by stamina and expression will not have to be sacrificed because another jump mist be included for the sake to scoring extra points. 

About right?

He has already brought back the back cross rolls in Seimei - which had been removed for competition because it would have lowered his stsq level.  Here are some initial thoughts on the programs that could be revised for better balance and performance value:

Otonal - There is a rather long and extended musical transition before his last combination jump - because he had place it after the halfway mark to maximize points.  He clearly had issues adjusting this segment and tried various arrangements before settling on the final free program choreography, but I always felt the form was not balanced, a bit forced.  He could make it work better now that he doesn't have to address these point related issues.

Origin - It should be revised with 4:30 or longer - to give more breathing moments in between.  The competition arrangement is intense and gives him no time to take a breath between the elements.  

I am sure the PH satellites will have other suggestions, and it would be interesting to compare notes!  @Henni147's views would be most welcome!

Hope & Legacy and Rondo are perfect and don't require major rearrangements.  He seems to want to add different jump combinations into the program - which would be fine.  I hope he will include 3A3Lo in one of his iconic programs!

@Anabel @Umebachi

The creative options are full of potential for both new and for perfecting old programmes. As one of the interviews stated, Yuzu is standing at the nexus point for a 'Commencement' a new dawn for himself and his own vision. This will be a really exciting period for satellites to continue following Yuzu's journey 

5 minutes ago, Umebachi said:

He has already brought back the back cross rolls in Seimei - which had been removed for competition because it would have lowered his stsq level.  Here are some initial thoughts on the programs that could be revised for better balance and performance value:

Otonal - There is a rather long and extended musical transition before his last combination jump - because he had place it after the halfway mark to maximize points.  He clearly had issues adjusting this segment and tried various arrangements before settling on the final free program choreography, but I always felt the form was not balanced, a bit forced.  He could make it work better now that he doesn't have to address these point related issues.

Origin - It should be revised with 4:30 or longer - to give more breathing moments in between.  The competition arrangement is intense and gives him no time to take a breath between the elements.  

I am sure the PH satellites will have other suggestions, and it would be interesting to compare notes!  @Henni147's views would be most welcome!

Hope & Legacy and Rondo are perfect and don't require major rearrangements.  He seems to want to add different jump combinations into the program - which would be fine.  I hope he will include 3A3Lo in one of his iconic programs!

Yeah, that is what I meant. I don't have the knowledge to make proposals, but as you say, there are sure to be people with interesting ideas like @Henni147.

1 hour ago, Elly said:

Thank you for the #YuzuSkatingParty :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Thank you from me as well. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take part but I will watch it afterwards as two weeks ago. This time on Saturday doesn't fit for me.

Is there a possibility to watch the Skating Parties of this year or only the one from today and from 14 days ago?