General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, pinkosek said:

I have been to Japan many times and have foreigner friends living and working there - one of them is working as a Salesman and told me that Japanese people are big on good quality brands, especially in the city/workplace. To the point that you basically have to have your work clothes be some of the luxury brands otherwise you are a bit looked down upon. I would assume the same goes for Yuzu - his t-shirts are Emporio Armani and so on. 

That's interesting to know, similar to London I suppose.

Yuzu and designer fashion items, as you say, he will be no stranger to designer goods. My surprise was only because Yuzu has been associated with Gucci in the past, his neck ties. 

Most often people prefer one particular fashion house over another, although not exclusively, of course. So in terms of Italian brands, Yuzu and Gucci were pictured in my head.

In some workplaces in UK, especially in London, people ask you what designer brand you like and when did you buy your first _________insert brand ________ bag.

In medical work places back in the 1990's, people used to like Mulberry bags and briefcases. Like Yuzu, my allegiance switched to Prada, a few years ago, sleeker and understated elegance, methinks

Hehe:kitty:

Aplogies, I'm a shameless hand 'Bag' Lady

On 2022/8/12 at 午前12時1分, Pammiさんが言いました:

When I saw these yesterday I was driven to tweet Yaguchi Toru to say how stunning they were...then I read he only had Yuzuru sit for 30 seconds for them!! There is another one too that I have seen, all so beautiful, it's great to see another photographer praise him.

Sorry that I made a mistake with the photographer's name, Toru Yaguchi.  Yano-san (Keiichi Yano) is the sound designer for Yuzuru's programs including Ten to Chit to.

The Daily Spread Eagle - August 12th

ICE EMPEROR'S BROADCAST FROM ICE CAVES: A HUGE SUCCESS FOR EMPEROR HANYU

The morning of August 10th began with a flurry of Court activity. Enormous sheets of white silk were hung at one end of the Throne Room, Ballroom and Inner courtyard. Chairs were arranged and all of the candelabras twinkled in the light of the sun and the lit candles. 

At eleven o' clock the daily routine of Palace Hanyu was halted and the staff began to file into the Ballroom and courtyard.

At quarter to midday, Palace officials and the Jump Ladies entered the Throne room and took up their positions in the chairs at the front. 

Finally, Prime Minister Pooh hurried to the front of the Throne Room, requesting quiet just before the noon day bells began. As the last chime faded away, a hush descended on the Palace. 

For a few seconds nothing happened, Prime Minister Pooh started to wring his paws and his forehead was furrowed with a worried expression. Suddenly a gasp was heard from the jumps ladies, tiny flickering lights had appeared on the white screens of silk. The little lights danced across the white silk, red, green and blue dots winking and slowly enlarging until they began to overlap. A darker shadow was emerging from the centre of the screen where the lights coalesced. The image flickered one more time, then the face of the Emperor came clearly into focus, followed by 'Oohs'  from the excited audience and exclamations of 'the Emperor', before once again melting into awed silence.

The Emperor's face loomed out from the screen, for a moment he looked quite serious and stern, before his expression turned into his familiar smile. He waved at the gathered spectators and spoke. The Emperor's voice rang out "Good day, citizens and satellites of Planet Hanyu, very good day"

The Emperor, explained that he would now begin showing the preparatory movements for performing the ritual of the Ice Caves. The Emperor seemed move away from the screen into the distance. As he did so the interior of the Ice Cave was revealed and the Emperor could be seen in the distance gliding to and fro across the Ice. The Emperor gathered great speed and as he did so a hint of shadow appeared at one side of the cave, the shadow grew larger and seemed to be matching his movements. The Emperor indicated that he had noticed the shadow and delicately placed his crown on the ice surface. The Emperor glided quietly around the floor of the cave, then in the blink of an eye he sped back towards the crown leaping into the air. For the briefest of moments, a curl of condensed breath swirled around the crown and a flash of a sinuous body covered in light golden scales could just be picked out at one side of the ice cave, the Emperor tried to turn rapidly in the air, flung out his hands and with his outstretched arms attempted to grasp the golden creature. Just as quickly, there was a flash of gold and the creature had disappeared from view, retreating to the depths of the Ice Cave complex. The Emperor said nothing, he merely bent down to retrieve the crown and replaced it upon his head. Murmurs arose from the crowd "was it?' "no it couldn't be" "impossible" "He nearly caught it" "Yonkaiten Ax...", to much shaking of heads and shrugged shoulders.

For almost one hour, the Emperor slid smoothly across the frozen floors of the Ice Cave, spinning and jumping, swiftly gliding from around the cave.

Each time the Emperor leaped into the air one of the Jump ladies would stand and then turn several rotations on the spot before resuming her seat, Lady 4T, Lady 3T, Lady 3A, Lady 3Lz, 4 Lo, on and on. 

The Emperor was not alone in the caves the oracle and assistants followed the Emperor's every move, their hands made a strange clacking sounds every time a jump or spinning movement was performed.  

The Emperor once again came close to the screen again and gave a short message to the throng. " I would like to improve myself and be the best Emperor, that I can be."

With that the image on the screen broke apart into tiny motes of light before winking out. 

Prime Minister Pooh stood up and addressed the Jump ladies and Palace staff. 

"So ends the broadcast of Ice Emperor Hanyu a well deserved success I believe"

The Palace was filled with sounds of much rejoicing and the court physician was relieved that none of the jump ladies had fainted.

Ladders had to be brought to the Throne room in order to recapture the Shikigami, who had escaped during the broadcast and were hiding in the chandeliers, whilst everyone had been occupied.

1 hour ago, Mor2904 said:

Kendi ışığıyla parlıyor.

Onun özel bir şeyi var. Evet, yakışıklı olduğunu hepimiz biliyoruz ama dünyada bir sürü yakışıklı insan var. Başka bir şeyi var.

You are absolutely right

not just handsome

I first saw him at the 2021 world champion and I was impressed by the him  light

his aura is so beautifu

The beauty of his heart is reflected in his face

(sorry bad english)

2 hours ago, Mor2904 said:

He shines with his own light.

He has something special. Yes, we all know he's handsome, but there are a lot of handsome people in the world. He has something else.

Sometimes I think about Yuzu and his costumes and your post has made me think about it again. I don't know if you've heard that sometimes the suit outshines the person wearing it. The costumes Satomi Ito creates for Yuzu are impressive on their own, but not only do they not outshine Yuzu, he makes them even more impressive. That's not just because he's handsome or has a good figure, that's because of the energy of him that permeates everything. How many skaters could wear any of the Origin costumes with the same strength and character as Yuzu?

6 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Sometimes I think about Yuzu and his costumes and your post has made me think about it again. I don't know if you've heard that sometimes the suit outshines the person wearing it. The costumes Satomi Ito creates for Yuzu are impressive on their own, but not only do they not outshine Yuzu, he makes them even more impressive. That's not just because he's handsome or has a good figure, that's because of the energy of him that permeates everything. How many skaters could wear any of the Origin costumes with the same strength and character as Yuzu?

There is no other skater who could shine with the same beautiful light as Yuzu. 

Yuzu wearing Origin is like Apollo or Oberon made into corporeal form and translated to the modern world

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

Sorry, if already posted.

Notice it's playing without the music this time :10640793:

Fugaku dans son cerveau

富岳fugaku is another name for Mount Fuji, and also the name of a Japanese supercomputer.

12 years apart and our swan is still majestic  :girlsigh: and  :thanks: for FUGAKU and here is a translation of Yuzu when he arrives and talks to his mother and asks for advice where to put Mr  :YuzuPoohLove:  :yuzushrug: and it's serious every detail counts and a thought to the  :pooh: and not let's not forget 

2 hours ago, tsubasanoyume said:

I still can't hear what he said at 0:44 and 0:58 properly. Can someone write it in Japanese, please? :tristePooh::13877886:

this masked meowzuru language every time is hard for me :14066882:

Like you, I don't understand Japanese and read in English what he says and at 0:45 : "but i should change shoes here" and we can't hear what his mother is saying? and "ok, let me do it! You just get in the room" and of course a Japanese fanyu can do it.... 

It’s kind of off-topic, but is Yuzu really allergic to cats? He seems to go out of his way to play with cats and kittens whenever he encounters them and without any apparent allergic reaction. Both he and the felines appear to be in Seventh Heaven whenever they interact.

55 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

It’s kind of off-topic, but is Yuzu really allergic to cats? He seems to go out of his way to play with cats and kittens whenever he encounters them and without any apparent allergic reaction. Both he and the felines appear to be in Seventh Heaven whenever they interact.

Iirc he said so himself during the Towa Pharmaceutical ad shooting last year.

We have a cat even though my husband is allergic and severely asthmatic. His doctor doesn't like the idea at all and says it worsens his condition. However my husband rarely shows apparent allergic reactions. You wouldn't know he's allergic if you don't know him.

I have friends who are allergic to cats and can't interact with them at all, so it really depends on the person.