General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

I am convinced he is a great singer, yet so many fans seem to think he can't sing to tune - I don't know why they think that?? (I promise, I am not tone deaf myself and have a good ear for musical voices) - well spotted Suzu, hearing him sing that little bit - I turned volume up to the max and he definitely CAN sing in tune!!!

EDIT oh I see someone else spotted it and let Sashida Fumiya know too!

Yes, because of that chewing gum commercial clip, I thought he is definitely better skater than singer but that short moment where he was singing yesterday at the SharePractise changed my mind. I don't know how well he can stay in right tune but I liked the color of his voice very much and he is definitely very musical.

He can feel the music with his whole body when he is skating, so I guess that is why his timing is so precise. He never misses a beat.

I wonder if his sister had taken piano classes instead of skating would we be admiring world class pianist Hanyu Yuzuru now :scratch3:

Anyway, he definitely was first in line when God was giving wisdom, talent and looks...he has it all, great mind and spirit,  face and body to die for, ability to move like no one other, and as if that wasn't enough he has got beautiful voice. He is so rewarded already by birth....says someone here who stumbles in her own feet,

who is avoiding mirrors and cameras at all cost, who dosent sing even in shower even if there isn't anyone near within miles...etc...sigh, but if we all were like Yuzuru he wouldn't be so amazing, would he ? :animated-smileys-angels-151:

At least if Yuzu had been a concert pianist, there might have been more opportunity to see him. There are many concert venues around the world which are good sized venues and many of the performing arts already have streamed events to cinemas and tv and recording opportunities for filming performances for Bluray

Just checking the livestream from yesterday: GMT 23:00 

Views 1,836, 643

Likes 113K

Comments 28,172

Channel subscribers: 578K

The Yuzu effect:winky:

38 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

At least if Yuzu had been a concert pianist, there might have been more opportunity to see him. There are many concert venues around the world which are good sized venues and many of the performing arts already have streamed events to cinemas and tv and recording opportunities for filming performances for Bluray

Just checking the livestream from yesterday: GMT 23:00 

Views 1,836, 643

Likes 113K

Comments 28,172

Channel subscribers: 578K

The Yuzu effect:winky:

Way to go Yuzu ☝🏻:yes2:

sweetyuzu made a little summary of what they liked on this interview:

Of course jmedia already asking about the far future LOL oh boy, what is pressure...

His take on his life as a professional skater is so interesting, when he was asked about Shohei's 10 HMR record he mentioned "now that we are in the same stage, as professionals..."; it clicked on my brain how different he is seeing his new journey now. The possibilities are endless, I'm so excited. 

6 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

sweetyuzu made a little summary of what they liked on this interview:

Of course jmedia already asking about the far future LOL oh boy, what is pressure...

His take on his life as a professional skater is so interesting, when he was asked about Shohei's 10 HMR record he mentioned "now that we are in the same stage, as professionals..."; it clicked on my brain how different he is seeing his new journey now. The possibilities are endless, I'm so excited. 

the media.. he's just turned into a pro, not even a month and they already asking about what will he do when he retires as pro. Nice question :headdesk2:

more summaries / translations from sweetyuzu (doing God's work!)

from here:

Huge thanks to this acc on twitter!

There are so many articles coming out now, I think more than 10 interviews, and I got a hold of some but oof... thank you so much for these translators!!

Yuzu making sure to emphasise he is taking this journey step by step, although media enjoys big mapped plans for no reason. 

Good to see how he regards himself now.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
10 hours ago, Perelandra said:

In order to find out about Yuzu's singing abilities, someone should ask a fellow skater that stood on the podium close to Yuzu during the playing of Kimigayo. Yuzu has such respect for the national anthem of Japan that he would be bound to sing this as well as he possibly could. On camera he is definitely singing whenever the anthem is played. 

Keegan Messing held the Hinomaru, so that it unfurled at Autumn Classic 2019, Yuzu would have been facing Keegan so Yuzu's singing voice would have been clearly heard by him. 

Most importantly, Yuzu would not have been wearing head/earphones, which can sometimes cause a little bit of voice tuning issues

There are of course many medal ceremonies where Yuzu is champion and Kimigayo is played, but the AC 2019 is most likely the best bet for investigation, if some amateur sleuthing is required.:peek:Come on Keegan tell the Planet - What is Yuzu's singing voice like?

This is strictly my personal opinion, but I have always thought that Yuzu lip-synchs Kimigayo on the podium. I have no opinion about the quality of his singing voice, but have always hoped that he does have a good voice and even wished that he would someday be a singing idol. Having said that, it's been my belief that Yuzu is lip-synching whenever we see him "singing" in public. Maybe he is purposely hiding his singing voice, Ninja Yuzu-style, so that he can blow everyone's minds one day by coming out with a recording without any advance notice. Is that his secret post-professional athlete ambition/career? If there was one occasion when you would have expected Yuzu to actually sing out loud, it would have been the time they had celebrities singing Hana Wa Saku; however, you can see at approximately 20 seconds of the following video that he is initially lip-synching with his eyes closed and then silently looking at the camera for the remainder of his appearance. I think that a lot of Fanyus had looked forward to seeing this video in anticipation of actually hearing Yuzu sing. For better or worse, Yuzu does not wish to reveal his singing voice.