General Yuzuru Chat

Good morning from my side to everyone! Yuzu’s face plastered all over the news this morning is making me have a wonderful morning! :heartpound:

I rewatched the SharePractice again yesterday before I went to bed. I love how he makes an attempt at 4A but takes it easy. He no longer has to pressure himself to meet scores or get it ratified. That transcendence and growth from Beijing from the support he got from fans and his mentors really changed his outlook. I have a huge feeling that elusive 4A may be more achievable now that he’s no longer under pressure, skating with a renewed outlook and he’s in the comfort of his home rink. 

28 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Today's pictures are so great! :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

I'm leaving this one here, but I'll post more pictures in the event thread :tumblr_inline_mto5i9TIpx1qid2nw:

FZ1BcA5UYAALxFN?format=jpg&name=medium

source: https://twitter.com/figure_hochi/status/1557472997413306368?s=20&t=7dgZUybXTOX5Jw-YoU4d_A

Thank you! This pic is absolutely gorgeous!!! :heartpound:

There are so many great new photos of Yuzu! I have my Yuzu pics filed under different folders for year and event. I just made a new folder titled "Professional Athlete". The end of an era and the beginning of an even better, greater, and happier era.

I just mentioned Hochi before, and here is Takagi-san sharing a 5 minute interview with Yuzu:

edit: this is from the article before:

edit3: you guys take this with a sizeable pound of salt, and cross-examine it with any other translations floating around! Here it is, full japanese transcript:

Spoiler

フィギュアスケート男子で2014年ソチ、18年平昌五輪連覇の羽生結弦さん(27)が10日、地元のアイスリンク仙台で公開練習「SharePractice」を行い、プロスケーターとしての滑りを初披露した。新章のスタートは自身の公式YouTubeチャンネル「HANYU YUZURU」でもライブ配信され、10万人超が視聴した。合同取材後、スポーツ報知の単独インタビューに応じ、過去、現在、未来を語った。(高木 恵)

―5~6月にアイスショー「ファンタジー・オン・アイス」に出演した。始まった頃にはプロ転向を決めていたのか?

「ああ…まあ、それは、そうとも言えるし、そうとも言い切れないし、みたいなところですかね。実際、そのアイスショーという舞台を経験しながら、自分の決意が固まっていった感じはあります。なんか、ここでやっていきたいなっていうか、ここでっていうか、さらにここから、どういうふうに進んでいけるかみたいなことを感じながら、あとはまあ、自分の伸びしろをちょっと感じられたので、そういう意味でも、さらにうまくなっていきたいなっていうのは、ちょっと思いました」

―合同囲み取材では「年内の活動」についてめどが立ってきたと言っていた。それのための練習もしていると。「まだ内緒」と言っていたが、少しヒントを?

「はははは(笑い)」

―どうか少しだけ…。

「少し? まあでもなんか、競技っぽさはちょっと感じていただきたいかなーと。これからも、難しいことを含めて、やっぱチャレンジしていきたいですし、それが4A(4回転半ジャンプ)になるのかは、ちょっと分からないですけど。ただ、これからもその4Aを含めて、すごく難しいことと、同時に自分が表現したいことであったりとか、そういうものの両立を図っていきたいなって思います」

―アイスショーでいい?

「ショーでいいとは思っているんですけど。ただ、なんかその、形がどういうふうになっていくかも、ちょっと今すごい考え中なので、そこはちょっと言い切れないんで。年内の活動って言っちゃうんですけど(笑い)。はい」

―7月19日の決意表明会見で「心を大切にしたい」と言っていたが、それはキス・アンド・クライでの笑顔が減っていったこととも関係がある?

「あははは。そうですね。それももちろんそうですし、あと、アイスショーやっていてもそうなんですけど、やっぱりすごい自分が、その演技にかけきってしまうからこそ、たまに、なんだろう…メディアに出ている羽生結弦じゃないことを、すごくないがしろにしがちなんですよね、自分が。だから、それをまた、大切にしていけたらいいなというふうには思っていて、その、なんかその、自分の大切にする選択がもしかしたら、なんか失望したとか、なんか、もう見ないって言われてしまうかもしれないんですけど。でもなんか、その自分の価値がちゃんとスケートにあるようにしたい。そして、それも、その自分の心が空っぽになってからでは遅いので、しかも多分、自分にしか分からないし、自分が気付いてあげないと大事にできないんで。そこはなんか、これから自分がけがをしないとか、自分がボロボロにならないみたいなところも大切になってくるからこそ、自分の心をちゃんと認めてあげたいなみたいなところは感じていました」

―そのメディアに出てこない羽生結弦とは、プライベートの?

「そうですね(笑い)。はい。自分自身というか」

―素の自分?

「そうですね」

―羽生結弦にとって、羽生結弦ってどんな人間?

「まあなんか、記者会見でも言ってましたけど、やっぱ重たいんですよね、それが。やっぱり、自分が理想としている自分っていうのが間違いなくいて、でもそれは普通に社会に出るにあたって、皆さんかぶるとは思うんですよ、それは。だけど、それがひときわ皆さんに注目されてしまうからこそ、もっとこれをしなきゃいけない、これをしなきゃいけないみたいなのは、強くなりすぎているとは思うんですよね。ただ、僕の場合はそれがあるからこそ、うまくなれているのは間違いないなって思っていて、だからこそ、それも大事にしつつ、そこに追いつけるような、その栄養をちゃんと取りつつ、っていうのを今プロになって改めて感じています」

―一番好きなプログラムと、衣装を教えてください?

「ははははは! 一番好きなプログラム! うーんと…ぱっと出ないな。でも今は『天と地と』(注1)すごい好きです。自分でいられるって思っています」

―衣装は?

「衣装は、えーっと…『ホワイトレジェンド』(注2)」

―プロとして新たなステージに立った。これから、やってみたいプログラムは?

「今後やってみたいプログラムは…えっとー、皆さんが、想像しているものの斜め上をいけるようなプログラムにしたいです」

―今後の抱負は?

「今後の抱負。そうだなー。うーん。『超越』。ふふふ。自分を超えたいなって思います」

The translation:

Spoiler

Figure skater and consecutive winner of the Sochi 2014 and Pyeongchang 18 Olympics, Yuzuru Hanyu (27), held a public practice session at his hometown ice rink Sendai on 10 November, “SharePractice”, performing his skating / showing off his skating as a professional skater for the first time. The start of a new chapter was her official YouTube channel 'SharePractice'. HANYU The start of the new chapter was also live-streamed on his official YouTube channel 'HANYU YUZURU' and watched by over 100,000 people. After the joint coverage, he gave an exclusive interview to Sports Hochi, talking about his past, present and future. (Megumi Takagi)

-In May and June, you performed in the "Fantasy on Ice" ice show. Had you decided to turn pro by the time you started (the show)?

"Ah... Well, I can say that, but I can't say that for sure. In fact, I feel that my determination has / was solidified while experiencing the stage of the ice show. I felt that I would like to do well here, or rather, I felt how I could go on from here, and also, I could feel my room for growth, so in that sense, I would like to get even better. In that sense, I want to get even better."

-In the BOX joint interview (the one right after his practice), you said that you have a good prospect / settled prospects / emerging prospects for "activities by the end of the year". I am practicing for that too. You mentioned that it is "still a secret", but could you give us a hint?

"Ha ha ha ha (laughter)."

-Please, just a little....

"A little? Well, I would like you to feel a little bit of competition. I would like to continue to challenge myself, including difficult things, and I don't know if it will be 4A (4 1/2 RPM jumps) or not. I don't know if it will be 4A (quadruple jumps) or not, but I would like to continue to balance the extremely difficult things, including 4A, with what I want to express at the same time."

-Are you okay with an ice show / how about an ice show?

"I think the show is fine. But I'm still thinking about how it will take shape, so I can't say for sure. I'm going to say it's going to happen within the year (laughs). Yes."

-You said at the July 19 press conference announcing your decision that you "want to take care of your heart," but does that have anything to do with the fact that your smiles in Kiss and Cry were getting fewer and fewer / less and less?

"Ha-ha-ha. Yes, of course.

Of course, that's true, and also, as I do ice shows, I tend to neglect the fact that I am not Yuzuru Hanyu who appears in the media, because I am so devoted to the performance, I wonder. Myself.

So, I hope that I can value it again, and, perhaps, my choice to value it, I might be disappointed, or I might be told that I don't watch it anymore, but... But I want to make sure that my value is in skating.

And it is too late to do that after my heart is empty, so I think only I can understand it, and I cannot take care of it unless I realize it.

I felt that it was important for me not to get injured or fall apart, so I wanted to properly recognize my own heart". *this part was very very tricky to translate, take it with a whole pound of salt. 

-That Yuzuru Hanyu who doesn't appear in the media, is he a private person?

"Yes (laughs). Yes. It's more like myself."

-Your true self?

"That's right."

-What kind of person is Yuzuru Hanyu (to you)?

"As I said at the press conference, I think I carry a lot of weight. I am sure that I have my own ideal self, but I think that everyone is the same when they go out into the world. However, because that ideal attracts everyone's attention, the need to do more, to do this, and to do that, is becoming too strong. But in my case, I am sure that it is because of this that I am doing well, so now that I have become a professional, I feel anew that I need to take care of that, while at the same time nourishing myself so that I can keep up with it."

-What is your favorite program and costume?

"Ha ha ha! My favorite program! Hmmm...not sure. But right now I really like "Heaven and Earth". I feel like I can be myself."

-What's / what about the costume?

"Costume is, um... "White Legend"

―You have entered a new stage as a professional. What program would you like to do next?

"The program I want to try in the future...well, I want it to be a program that goes above and beyond what you imagine."

-What are your (future) aspirations?

"Future aspirations. I guess. Hmmm. Transcendence. Fufufu. I want to transcend myself."

I will take a page out of @birnasan and ask for no one to post this outside of the forum. 

The take away from this interview is very nice, he appears to have been processing his decision during FaOI, his favorite program right now is Tenchi, and he has plans for the end of the year. 

[NEWS]

Watching Yuzu mess with his ipod made think he must’ve curated his playlist carefully for the practice. And I thought, now I might know his favourite songs! But so much for wishful thinking lol, he kept the mystery alive by citing copyright reasons :lol:. Until the next share practice then, ninja Yuzu!

I found out through scouring Twitter yesterday and lots of Google Translate that he was telling his mum not to step forward because she’ll be seen in the cameras. 

I adore Yuzu but I respect and love how he sets strict boundaries between his private and public life and I’m always thankful that his hometown also protects that privacy and allows him to be a normal person outside of the limelight.