General Yuzuru Chat

I didn't know about the livestream today and pleasantly surprised to see the video. I had a bad today at work. I thought my day could get worse. But coming home to see the video gives me strength and happiness. Thats what I need to reset myself for tomorrow :)

As I'm typing, it almost reached 1.3 million views (I'm sure it will reach 2 million easily). When he turned pro, I thought he gona take some time off before kicking off his pro skating. Boy, I was wrong. Him turning pro barely sinks into me, he already showered us with magnificent gifts aka his personal videos. Now, I'm the one who need to catch my breath and afraid of missing this exciting development. I have a lot to looking forward to in the upcoming months and years :woop:

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

He seems so happy to be at home in Sendai, working at his old rink and presumably living a more normal life outside skating (which I’m sure takes up a large proportion of his daily life).  He’s using the Japanese order for his name rather than the western one that tends to be used in the majority of competitions and western media. He’s employing the working rink with no seating and no special provision for the press etc to emphasise the grinding hours of work behind the glamour of performance, and the athletic ability needed to do all this.  He’s asserting himself, politely but firmly - it’s great!

Not surprising that he’s driving this himself - he’s always been a techie, interested in the sound engineers and photographers equipment on interviews and photoshoots.  I hope he gets some staff to help him so that he gets some time to himself but I suspect he will be extremely careful selecting them, and rightly so - better to go slowly and get the right team than hurry and possibly store up trouble for the future.  It is totally in line with the way he didn’t sign up to an agency like most of the others but stayed in control of his own business, outside what had to be conceded to JSF, before he turned pro. I don’t think many current skaters could withstand the scrutiny of the camera following them round the rink like this- he seems to relish it, unsurprisingly since he has nothing to hide and treats mistakes as learning experiences rather than cracks to be papered over.  I really hope he continues to enjoy it.

So well said, I couldn't agree more 👍🏻

I was extremely pleased and amazed about the quality of streaming, so clear picture and sound and great camera work, only those close-ups on ice perspective were missing but he can do those later in another video.

I was extremely pleased and amazed also about his performance...my god, that man is a machine... I wonder what kind of super powder he was swallowing couple of times to be able to skate like that for an hour + , well done Yuzuru :happy0158:

Everything he did this week: opening a YouTube Channel, posting two great videos, live streaming of his practise, everything has been superb 👌🏻I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined his "re..re..nt" could be this AWESOME :yahoo:

I was busy recently and didn't update myself with Yuzu's news, so I was shocked when my friend told me about Yuzu's new Youtube channel yesterday. Luckily I was able to catch the live stream today. Still reading through the last 70 pages in this thread lol.

I'm extremely happy to see Yuzu skating freely and grateful that we can follow the new stage of Yuzu's career. Screamed when I watched clean Seimei. :loveshower: And there are so many high quality photos that it's like a photo competition lol.

6 hours ago, caramelicht said:

what is that something new too. ..Even i think youtube channel itself is already really new from him and then livestream which i bet every single of us won't believe it and then he has a lot of plans and will give something new to us within this year. I'm nervous yet excited!

He said he's already practicing/preparing for it, so maybe an off-ice/dance performance of Raison at Miya's Sendai concert in November? :eek: Hehe, I joke (but maybe? :dontknow:) It would be a surprise...

Oho!

[NEWS]

Is this the first media outlet who call one of his plans an ice show? Because so far all the quotes from him have indicated “plans”, but I guess Hochi already saying what could possibly been happening…

12 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

Oho!

[NEWS]

Is this the first media outlet who call one of his plans an ice show? Because so far all the quotes from him have indicated “plans”, but I guess Hochi already saying what could possibly been happening…

Perhaps they are drawing their own conclusions? I think they are the only ones who have talked about something so specific... But who knows, it's Yuzu!