General Yuzuru Chat

Hanyuconomy

Eagle eyed fans spotted that Yuzu has a small wash bag ( 2nd pic on the table )- brand=Prada

Any bets that the wash bag and the range it is from will be sold out by end of trading today.

There was a better photo, but Twitter is so replete with tweets I could not find it again.

Prada fan myself so I'm pleased to have something in common with Emperor Yuzu

5 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

@wildstrawberry It's basically caught up with yesterday's video now. I think it'll hit 1M first. But yeah, Yuzu's YouTube stats are actually absolute insanity. There are plenty of YouTubers with at least a million subscribers that barely hit 100k views on their videos, let alone that many live viewers on a stream.

The fact that Yuzu:

1) has a three-day old account

2) hit 2M views with one video in two days

3) hit 500k+ subscribers in three days

4) hit at least 800k views with his two other videos (that are on track to get 1M soon)

5) had 107k+ people watching his livestream at its peak and never went below 100k+ once he got on the ice

6) had that many viewers during an inconvenient time and day for his biggest fanbase

7) had those stats when this is just a practice livestream

8) had tens of thousands of comments per video in multiple languages that are so, so touching and heartwarming (ever seen any other Youtube comment section be this wholesome with that many comments? Like, this is unprecedented. It's unheard of. YouTube comment sections are known for their toxicity.)

9) did all of the above on an account that was unsearchable for a solid day and has no English and other non-Japanese subtitles

10) did all of the above without an official social media announcing his account, only a press release through Japanese media

...this is just honestly mind-blowing. It's incomprehensible. He's truly the GOAT. I really want to show this to people who say he's only popular in Japan, especially those journalists and commentators who've been saying this for his entire career. Yuzu is a worldwide phenom. Yuzu is bigger than figure skating. End of story.

He is doing really really well. But he is not a random youtuber,he's a double OGM winner and the GOAT of a sport,even if it's a niche one. His yt channel was mentioned on newspapers and even on tv news segments. I truly think that he was expecting a certain level of support,but not this much,and maybe he's now really galvanised by it even more. May the comment section continue to be wholesome and big in numbers.

Now the only thing left is the fans long term keeping the same energy they are showing now. I've noticed that,in general,even if the subscribers/followers numbers goes up,youtubers'(and even celebrities from other fields like actors/singers etc) engagement decreases over time,sometimes drastically,especially if there's not a somewhat steady schedule of uploads/content. Ppl in general are quite fickle creatures,and nowadays there are 34567899876 sources of entertainment so it's quite hard to keep ppl engaged for a long time.

If the fanyus are really as loyal as they say and keep their "i'll support you forever" promise,yuzu's channel is gonna be ok and it will continue to grow a lot. Time will truly test the loyalty of some ppl in this fandom imo. I think it's so important to continue to engage with and hype as much as/when we can his endeavours,and i hope the fans won't misgiudedly underestimate the importance of doing that when they're going to see his numbers growing a lot bc the casual fans/enjoyers/viewers easily come and go,but the hardcore fans remain the backbone of his support.

41 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Hanyuconomy

Eagle eyed fans spotted that Yuzu has a small wash bag ( 2nd pic on the table )- brand=Prada

Any bets that the wash bag and the range it is from will be sold out by end of trading today.

There was a better photo, but Twitter is so replete with tweets I could not find it again.

Prada fan myself so I'm pleased to have something in common with Emperor Yuzu

32 minutes ago, YuDai said:

@Perelandra Yuzuru and Prada? :eek:He never fails to surprise me

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I’m just catching up with translations of the event - thank you so, so much to all those who do this for us 💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐💐

He seems so happy to be at home in Sendai, working at his old rink and presumably living a more normal life outside skating (which I’m sure takes up a large proportion of his daily life).  He’s using the Japanese order for his name rather than the western one that tends to be used in the majority of competitions and western media. He’s employing the working rink with no seating and no special provision for the press etc to emphasise the grinding hours of work behind the glamour of performance, and the athletic ability needed to do all this.  He’s asserting himself, politely but firmly - it’s great!

Not surprising that he’s driving this himself - he’s always been a techie, interested in the sound engineers and photographers equipment on interviews and photoshoots.  I hope he gets some staff to help him so that he gets some time to himself but I suspect he will be extremely careful selecting them, and rightly so - better to go slowly and get the right team than hurry and possibly store up trouble for the future.  It is totally in line with the way he didn’t sign up to an agency like most of the others but stayed in control of his own business, outside what had to be conceded to JSF, before he turned pro. I don’t think many current skaters could withstand the scrutiny of the camera following them round the rink like this- he seems to relish it, unsurprisingly since he has nothing to hide and treats mistakes as learning experiences rather than cracks to be papered over.  I really hope he continues to enjoy it.

I found the background piano oddly nostalgic and only pinned down why on my umpteenth viewing of the first two videos - it reminded me of the pianists who used to play for ballet lessons when my daughter was a little girl and, back in the Stone Age, when I was 6 or 7 myself.  In my day it was the teacher’s elderly grumpy mother thumping away, in my daughters case a surly teenager from one of the older groups, presumably earning a bit of extra money churning out tunes to dance to.  This doesn’t have the sense of boredom that those ladies used to exude but it has that uniform ‘background piano’ feel to it.

1 hour ago, citrusjunos said:

...this is just honestly mind-blowing. It's incomprehensible. He's truly the GOAT. I really want to show this to people who say he's only popular in Japan, especially those journalists and commentators who've been saying this for his entire career. Yuzu is a worldwide phenom. Yuzu is bigger than figure skating. End of story.

He's surpassed Eurosport's YT subscriptions (not fs Eurosport, all sports Eurosport!) already yesterday, too. 

He truly is a giant. Today's practice I believe is historical, it's going to be legendary and mark a milestone in the history of professional fs. He generated tension and went straight into his athlete mode basically demonstrating his amazing skills and stamina, also leaving some additional space for a thrill when challenging himself to skate a clean Seimei. 

The capital he's generated so far is now multiplying even faster - I believe (and I can see it on tw and YT) we're just observing a new wave of baby fanyus entering. People have various reasons to join the channel - the sessions are so aesthetically pleasing, visually attractive, the sounds of the blade, as many say - pure asmr, Yuzu talking - hypnotising, calming, the whole setting: logo, header, all full of light, clean, sleek, pure. 

Then, his relation with us - his fans. We are really blessed. He mentioned he's scheduled the practice session last minute - of course it was a demonstration of his skills, his powerful position, his capital, but first of all I think it was another gift for us, for which I am so so grateful. He's a giant as an athlete, but there is also this very special connection that he has with us, an ongoing exchange, full of love. Cause love and support is all he deserves. 

1 hour ago, YuDai said:

@Perelandra Yuzuru and Prada? :eek:He never fails to surprise me

Yuzu and elegant Italian products. A match made in fashion heaven. Maybe Brioni will create a suit for him. ( Tailors to 007 for the latest films, they created a well fitted suit, which was intended to withstand the rigours of secret agent life !)