General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, wildstrawberry said:

and rn 808k views for the livestream and 865k for the video from yesterday,i hope both hit 1mil soon

Yeah, the second video would've definitely hit 1M sooner; it's just that the livestream happened so soon after, so everyone's watching that one now. Not that I'm complaining. Now I get to cycle between more videos!

13 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

Yeah, the second video would've definitely hit 1M sooner; it's just that the livestream happened so soon after, so everyone's watching that one now. Not that I'm complaining. Now I get to cycle between more videos!

for sure bc the video from yday is only 5 min long,but ngl i'm kinda shookt (in the most positive way) about the number of views of the livestream given that it's over 2 hours long...so deserved tho

@wildstrawberry It's basically caught up with yesterday's video now. I think it'll hit 1M first. But yeah, Yuzu's YouTube stats are actually absolute insanity. There are plenty of YouTubers with at least a million subscribers that barely hit 100k views on their videos, let alone that many live viewers on a stream.

The fact that Yuzu:

1) has a three-day old account

2) hit 2M views with one video in two days

3) hit 500k+ subscribers in three days

4) hit at least 800k views with his two other videos (that are on track to get 1M soon)

5) had 107k+ people watching his livestream at its peak and never went below 100k+ once he got on the ice

6) had that many viewers during an inconvenient time and day for his biggest fanbase

7) had those stats when this is just a practice livestream

8) had tens of thousands of comments per video in multiple languages that are so, so touching and heartwarming (ever seen any other Youtube comment section be this wholesome with that many comments? Like, this is unprecedented. It's unheard of. YouTube comment sections are known for their toxicity.)

9) did all of the above on an account that was unsearchable for a solid day and has no English and other non-Japanese subtitles

10) did all of the above without an official social media announcing his account, only a press release through Japanese media

...this is just honestly mind-blowing. It's incomprehensible. He's truly the GOAT. I really want to show this to people who say he's only popular in Japan, especially those journalists and commentators who've been saying this for his entire career. Yuzu is a worldwide phenom. Yuzu is bigger than figure skating. End of story.

@wildstrawberry

Fantastic news to hear that Yuzu is thinking about how to put on an ice show. As you say patiently waiting for this to happen. Yuzu will want any show produced by him to be of the highest quality. Yuzu always set the benchmark in competitions, he is bound to set the same high standard for all of his endeavours.

@Sombreuil

As you correctly state, Yuzu has not sold out. Yuzu does not have a mega agency to dictate terms to him. 

When the time comes for the debut of Yuzu's show the content and control with remain with him and his chosen organisational team, he won't be rushed and the show will be uniquely his.

8 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

I really like the BGM he used on his second vid. He really chose them well. And to think he would’ve shared more of his playlist if not for copyright issues… :201111231756430f6:

Yuzu will need a team to sort out these types of details, both for future Share Practice and for shows.

Early days, there are bound to be a few small wrinkles to be smoothed.