General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, citrusjunos said:

I'm also so grateful for the AWW team. It seems like they won't be getting any rest anytime soon. Speaking of, does anyone know where or how we can donate to them? I checked their account and website and saw no links to PayPal or Ko-fi of any sort. I'd really like to express my gratitude and help keep their website running.

I know two people from the team have ko-fi

Spoiler

Axelsandwich (lae): https://ko-fi.com/axelsandwich

shinji https://ko-fi.com/shinjistar

Not sure about tsuki and the others… 

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

A three-colored kitty :') she's a pile of bones and fur now, born in the middle of the desert summer. It's incredible she's survived at all:YuzuPoohSad:

Calico cats are known as “Mikeneko” (pronounced mi-ke neko) – three (coloured) hair cat– in Japan and thought to bring good luck. Males in particular are sought after because they are so rare – only 1 in 3000 are males. 

Your kind act of rescuing this poor kitten from certain death in the middle of a hot summer desert may be a foreshadowing of good fortune. It was certainly good fortune for the kitty that you rescued her.

4 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

Calico cats are known as “Mikeneko” (pronounced mi-ke neko) – three (coloured) hair cat and thought to bring good luck. Males in particular are sought after because they are so rare – only 1 in 3000 are males. 

Your kind act of rescuing this poor kitten from certain death in the middle of a hot summer desert may be a foreshadowing of good fortune. It was certainly good fortune for the kitty that you rescued her.

Aaah, the name makes sense! I didn't know there was a name for them in japanese <3

It was good fortune to be able to rescue her.

I lost two cats earlier this year (we found one dead in the morning and the other was put to sleep) so the house felt emptier despite having more cats. There was plenty of room for one more furball :kitty:

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

The comments alone on the two little videos are heading towards 100,000.

I wonder if Yuzuru actually meant to start his channel/twitter account in a quiet (well, quiet for him, given his popularity) way, put them up and sort out any problems, have a bit of fun and feedback while he learned what works, built it up for the fans and worked on his livestream and filming. The way his first video was a nod back to that infamous, beloved white wall, the touches of non PR-gloss on everything, the delay on the logo going up, the way he isn't hiding his slight nerves and his excitement behind a public face, the lack of monetizing etc... it all adds up to someone who as he says is a professional athlete sharing his skating, not an idol or star looking to more celebrity.

Maybe he is more surprised by how it's gone the last three days than his fans are.

I think it's totally possible that Yuzu just wanted to dip his toes into the shallow water of a baby pool... and it turned out that the baby pool was actually an endless ocean. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

It's obvious that Yuzu's YouTube adventure is in no way something that was planned and executed by some professional PR/marketing agency or something. In addition to the things you mentioned, there was a lack of SEO, the account isn't verified etc. The videos look very nice, but still clearly "homemade". But if you ask me, this actually adds a lot of charm and makes Yuzu seem more approachable and real, like he's really just showing us his true self and true skating and not something that's a professionally produced and edited product. Then again, Yuzu has often said himself that he's an athlete, not an idol. And this makes him even more lovable. :girlsigh:

2 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

I think it's totally possible that Yuzu just wanted to dip his toes into the shallow water of a baby pool... and it turned out that the baby pool was actually an endless ocean. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

It's obvious that Yuzu's YouTube adventure is in no way something that was planned and executed by some professional PR/marketing agency or something. In addition to the things you mentioned, there was a lack of SEO, the account isn't verified etc. The videos look very nice, but still clearly "homemade". But if you ask me, this actually adds a lot of charm and makes Yuzu seem more approachable and real, like he's really just showing us his true self and true skating and not something that's a professionally produced and edited product. Then again, Yuzu has often said himself that he's an athlete, not an idol. And this makes him even more lovable. :girlsigh:

I honestly love the "homemade" aspect of the videos. Being Yuzu, we don't need anything fancy because pretty much everything he does is quality content, and i think that flashy editing would take away the protagonist of the videos: his skating.

That said, i'd love to have videos of him commenting his programs <3

27 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

@Yuzu_legend I see you're still wide awake, too. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Who else from Europe decided to turn night into day and forsake sleep while waiting for Yuzu? :dancingpooh:

I keep waking up, I'm so excited :68468287:Also, Yuzu already managed to monetize his second video!! 

Edit: at least there was an ad, so I hope that's the case

Edit 2: it seems like google just decided to add adds on its own? That sucks

20 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

@Yuzu_legend I see you're still wide awake, too. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Who else from Europe decided to turn night into day and forsake sleep while waiting for Yuzu? :dancingpooh:

How does it feel to be awake waiting to see Yuzu without visiting sketchy sites and without fear of the stream failing mid-performance?

:hihi:

And of course, knowing that no money is going towards I*U

hace 48 minutos , Yuzurella said:

Hahaha...you know me well...:laughing::tumblr_inline_mto5i3wxFW1qid2nw: I simply can't sleep if I know soon we'll see Yuzu. I mean, we've dreamed about such possibility for YEARS!! And now it still feels so surreal...ahhhh...I'm so happy!!:dancingpooh:

hace 30 minutos , Hydroblade said:

How does it feel to be awake waiting to see Yuzu without visiting sketchy sites and without fear of the stream failing mid-performance?

:hihi:

And of course, knowing that no money is going towards I*U

Are you asking if we miss the need for VPN, fearing for unstable streams or back in the day our guerrilla mails to subscribe for 3 days for free to JPN TV and so on? :biggrin:

Ahhh this is def a new era. I hope Yuzu is just as relaxed and happy as we are rn!!