General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, river said:

As much as I love my cats, I don't even know if Yuzu would want them, allergies or no. One is a grumpy old man who likes exactly two people in this world, and one is sweet but... special.

I would still like to request a close-up hydroblade, though.

Yes, mine fur ball is a very special as well 😉I think I'll  throw in few cats with the Poohs tomorrow after the Shared Prcatice stream 😁

Hi, guys! I've been away from home for almost a week on vacation and wasn't able to interact on here much.

When Yuzu's YT channel showed up I was so excited and honestly thought it was going to take some time before we get any content. And Yuzu basically said, "No, 3 videos in one week". I'm super pumped for tomorrow's (ah, Japan time, today) practice. I can finally say that I'm watching Yuzu from the beginning.

I've watched today's video multiple times (while on the train with spotty data signal, it was quite the experience). I am simply happy at seeing Yuzu happy and experimenting new things... and showing us, coincidentally, 2 of my favourite jumps of his, from up close.

Obviously, I'm still unable to properly express my thoughts and feelings - I don't think I ever will when it comes to Yuzu. His skating has come to mean a lot to me, so his YT channel is a wonderful surprise.

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I kid you not. We just rescued a little calico right now! 

(I should send a comment asking for a close up hydroblade for the sake of planet earth.)

Oh good for you ☺️, I don't know what is calico but apparently something needing to be rescued. I always cry when I watch videos on YT of the people rescuing animals. They restore my faith in human. People rescueing animals or children are the best of people💗...and Yuzu of course.

Knowing he reads our wish list so carefully, I think it is enough if one of us asks for hydroblade close ups 😉

1 hour ago, Suzu said:

You Ladies are awesome 😆 I was already up high with Yuzu's YT Channel and two videos :loveeyes: and then reading your posts, I am cracking up here 😂

By the way, I have a cat too...if Yuzu films his hydroblade on close-up on ice perspective I'll give her as well ( although she old and crumby little thing)

One of us ladies is a guy!

9 hours ago, monchan said:

He is so carefree and relaxed here compared to his usual serious presence in interviews and competitions. I really love this kind of environment where he can freely share his skating in his own way without worrying about external thing like judge & score etc.

Escaping ISU is the right choice!

If he continues with all this content dropping left and right, the AWW Team has to change their jobs to do fulltime translations🙈😉.

Did I mention that I really love them and what they do for all the International fans💜....

8 hours ago, river said:

This is normal. YouTube freezes the view counter on videos that get a lot of views quickly until they can verify the views aren’t from bots. The counter will update later.

8 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

i've known that from kpop fans,but this time it still pissed me off. Immediately after i watched Yuzu's video,i happened to see that BTS literally just uploaded a promo for their Run Bts special ep and it already had 440k views.....so i guess some times they do,some times they dont.....freeze views,i mean :mad:

The Youtube algorythm is shitty, to be blunt about it. Vanishing and freezing view counts is something a Fanyu will need to get used to. 

And sadly, they don't give back views after taking them down and if they do, it's a small part of the deleted views.

As a Bts fan, I had to see more then 500.000 views getting deleted at once after a new MV drops. And as a TXT fan (also k-pop group) I had to stare for two hours at a barely moving viewcount after a new MV got out. 

The algorythm will adapt as he goes on, deleting and freezing views later then it does now, but it will always happen.....

49 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

One of us ladies is a guy!

Oh, sorry let me phrase it again: Ladies and Gentleman your posts made my day 😁

and how great that Fanyus are not just one homogenous group, but we have all ages and genders and probably all religions and races represented
as well, I am very happy about that ☺️

4 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

If he continues with all this content dropping left and right, the AWW Team has to change their jobs to do fulltime translations🙈😉.

Did I mention that I really love them and what they do for all the International fans💜....

I'm also so grateful for the AWW team. It seems like they won't be getting any rest anytime soon. Speaking of, does anyone know where or how we can donate to them? I checked their account and website and saw no links to PayPal or Ko-fi of any sort. I'd really like to express my gratitude and help keep their website running.

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

A three-colored kitty :') she's a pile of bones and fur now, born in the middle of the desert summer. It's incredible she's survived at all:YuzuPoohSad:

Awww, you are a saint for saving her 😇,  give her big kiss from me. Cats are resilient, so with some tender-love-care she'll do fine 💗

The comments alone on the two little videos are heading towards 100,000.

I wonder if Yuzuru actually meant to start his channel/twitter account in a quiet (well, quiet for him, given his popularity) way, put them up and sort out any problems, have a bit of fun and feedback while he learned what works, built it up for the fans and worked on his livestream and filming. The way his first video was a nod back to that infamous, beloved white wall, the touches of non PR-gloss on everything, the delay on the logo going up, the way he isn't hiding his slight nerves and his excitement behind a public face, the lack of monetizing etc... it all adds up to someone who as he says is a professional athlete sharing his skating, not an idol or star looking to more celebrity.

Maybe he is more surprised by how it's gone the last three days than his fans are.