General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Now we also understand why he named his channel Hanyu Yuzuru, that he wanted to feel like a Japanese person and himself but still make it similar to his name what we've seen at competitions - he is very considerate and it is a great choice.

Yuzu is inclusive in such a thoughtful way.

I also adore the logo and banner, so elegant and Yuzu-ish lol (not an elegant way to put it, but I am not Yuzu!)

Also.....Hanyu you are going to get me fired from work! Too much stuff in a small space of time for me to cope with/resist!

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I had a thought when I woke up this morning- I hope we don’t get 1T, 1S, 1L, 1F,  1Ltz, 3A smile, bow, exit.  I don’t think he’ll do that to us but I can’t help remembering 1st PC practice, and poor Machida in the studio trying to find something meaningful to say about his condition…..I think that was the last time I laughed as much as I did on Sunday.

Nah, he won't do that. The 2018 Olympics practice was a masterful application of strategy to confuse his opponents and make them feel insecure by hiding his true abilities and state. He probably read The Art of War. :grin:

That was such a GOAT move. He trolled everybody. And when he came out and skated Chopin, it was an even greater surprise and delight. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

3 hours ago, Mary_kyo said:

It's so satisfying to watch it upclose. I would have liked to put camera a little bit farther to include the running edge more, it was sooo smooth

I can't believe I spent this February crying nonstop over a cursed fake competition when these beautiful dreamy days were bound to come. 

Gosh, yes! That was such a dark time. In my case, that was followed by an extremely dark and difficult period with serious family issues. During all the hard times in my life in the last couple of years, Yuzu and his skating have been such an important force of light and positivity. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@Yuzurella

This demonstrates, once again that Yuzu's 3A technique is incredible and all of the superlatives which will take too long to list. Yuzu's 3A should have scored at +5 GOE or close enough at almost every execution of the jump. Yuzu's 3A is the king of jumps and how the jump should be taught.

(There are enough videos of other skaters muscling through the 3A and the take off foot grinding out a trench in the ice with skidded pre rotation and bAxels etc)

If you take into consideration that most non-Yuzu jumps that got high GOEs in the last couple of years were mediocre or even technically faulty jumps that certainly didn't nearly deserve the high scores, Yuzu's high quality jumps should get GOEs of at least +7 or +8 in comparison. :coffeebath:

1 hour ago, wildstrawberry said:

i've known that from kpop fans,but this time it still pissed me off. Immediately after i watched Yuzu's video,i happened to see that BTS literally just uploaded a promo for their Run Bts special ep and it already had 440k views.....so i guess some times they do,some times they dont.....freeze views,i mean :mad:

I think the issue here is that Yuzu's account is so new and only has two videos and already got such huge traffic. There's probably some automatic system at YouTube that monitors these things and just locks the views and other stats until someone has checked if they're valid and genuine. The people monitoring this at YouTube were probably perplexed that someone who has never had any social media presence before would get so much engagement within such a short time. :grin:

Just woke up to a hanyu yuzuru YouTube channel notification😆what a time to be alive. The logo is so beautiful and very yuzu i love it. The editing and overall vibe of the video is very homey and sweet, the asmr jumps are *chefs kiss*. It feels like he's doing it all himself at least the editing part, do we know if he has a team managing the account yet? 

I know it's been said before but how lazy are these youtubers creating a channel and adding 15 different videos about Yuzu's new channel? I don't care that they ended up labelling the channel as "unofficial" (probably after some backlash although I could be wrong), it's still lazy and is getting way too many views.

Create some real content or don't have a YT channel, but don't use Yuzu to make some lazy money.

Rant over 🙄

@Yuzurella

GOE + 7 or +8, yes well said, because that is what those jumps deserved and that is why the IJS kept the BV for 4L lower than the F and Lz and would not endorse full BV for combinations. The fear that he could not only break their arbitrary points by random number generator, but that fans became wise to this.

Like Agent 001 from Monsters inc "I'll be watching, always watching".

No wonder the Powers were desperate for Yuzu to leave comp. every time Yuzu skated and the random number generator churned out nonsensical figures, it became increasingly hard to hide the ludicrous discrepancies of scoring. Replays from fan cam phones became impossible to quash, ironically phone cams became better tech than that employed by the Power that is soon to be a tiny shrew.

:rofl3:not sniggering, not at all

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

Woke up to a new upload to YouTube by pro-athlete Hanyu Yuzuru and those are still words I never thought I'd say.

People, I think we will evolve from cacti to wildflowers!

Like the song titles

'Hana ni Nare' and 'Hana wa Saku' - we can become flowers and flowers will bloom. What a lovely idea

He looks happy, healthy and relaxed.

And the video -and the logo, too- are very classy and elegant, very "Yuzuru".

I'm just hoping he'll hire some translators, it'd be very useful to have subtitles in the videos (though Lae translated it into English and Yuzuru Hanyu Latinoamérica posted a translation into Spanish in the comments).

But this is just the beginning, we must be patient :wink2:

All in all, it's an amazing beginning!

I love feeling like I'm not watching him from afar anymore. I don't mean the literal sense of distance (i only every dreamed of watching his 3A from that angle) but like... How he's not communicating through interviews but with his own words, showing us exactly what he wants us to see.

(Zuzu if u read dis pls do a close up hydroblade and I'll give you my first born son and one of my cats)

18 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I love feeling like I'm not watching him from afar anymore. I don't mean the literal sense of distance (i only every dreamed of watching his 3A from that angle) but like... How he's not communicating through interviews but with his own words, showing us exactly what he wants us to see.

(Zuzu if u read dis pls do a close up hydroblade and I'll give you my first born son and one of my cats)

Yuzu will politely decline your firstborn son, but gladly accept one of your cats, if he or she is hypoallergenic.