General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Anni said:

We can watch Yuzu live doing his practices? :O Wow ...so happy to read this news. 

:YuzuPoohLove:

Why do I feel so excited.:10636614:

Edit:

@sallycinnamon

Will we then discuss here or will there be a special thread to further reading for those who can't watch live?:scratch2:

Would love to watch Yuzu's practice and chat about it in a forum here on the Planet just like we do for competitions LOL.

2 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Well, well, well

The article: 

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASQ856HNNQ84UTQP023.html

How the article quotes him: 

今年2月の北京オリンピック(五輪)は4位だった。その後、エキシビションに向けた2月18日のサブリンクでの練習では、2連覇を達成した2018年平昌五輪のフリー「SEIMEI」をはじめ、過去に演じた九つのプログラムを次々に披露。終了後、報道陣にこれまでの感謝を伝えた上で、こう語っていた。

"公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています"

I'm posting the quote separately because I know people will get very confused at Marika for her translation LOL

edit: LOL as soon as I saw the qrts I knew Marika would delete her tweet! WIll post the whole article here on spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

フィギュアスケート男子でプロ転向を表明した羽生結弦さん(27)が、10日に国内で公開練習を行うことを発表した。公式YouTubeチャンネル「HANYU YUZURU」で正午ごろからライブ配信する。7月19日にあった会見でプロへの転向を発表して以降、初めて公の場でリンクに立つ。

「プロのアスリートとしてスケートを続けていくことを決意しました」

羽生さんは7月の会見でそう語り、今後は競技会には出場せず、アイスショーなどを中心に活動していく意向を示した。

さらに「皆さんの前で成功させられることを強く考えながら、これからも頑張っていきます」と前人未到のクワッドアクセル(4回転半)への挑戦を続けることも明言。

続けて、「自分としては、『これからも期待してやってください』と胸を張って言える気持ちです。試合という限られた場所じゃなくて、もっといろんな方法で自分のスケートを見ていただく機会があるかなと思っているし、作っていきたいと考えています。ぜひ楽しみにしていただきたいです」と話していた。

今年2月の北京オリンピック(五輪)は4位だった。その後、エキシビションに向けた2月18日のサブリンクでの練習では、2連覇を達成した2018年平昌五輪のフリー「SEIMEI」をはじめ、過去に演じた九つのプログラムを次々に披露。終了後、報道陣にこれまでの感謝を伝えた上で、こう語っていた。

「公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています」

報道関係者に送られた今回の取材案内のタイトルには「Share Practice」と記されている。プロスケーターとしてどんな演技を見せるのか。何を語るのか。

羽生さんの新たなスタートに注目が集まる。

Also a reminder that this is not the first time he says "kusou" out in public. Not even the second LOL 

Yup. 

2 hours ago, river said:

Heck yeah, Yuzu. Have yourself a 「くっそ自由な」practice. It’s even at the right time that I can have a drink and forget about work while watching.

I even have a sakura-themed whiskey that will be just right!

2 hours ago, river said:

I think we're all in our f*cking carefree era of figure skating watching. It's glorious.

Wheeeee!

One of youtube’s latest blessings was hiding the dislike option for the audience, is good that we are mostly not aware of it. I counsel to continue not paying mind!

25 minutes ago, YuDai said:
  Hide contents

It does make me a bit upset to think that there are 11k people who would bother pressing the dislike button...There is absolutely nothing in his video that could provoke anyone. I knew he had antis but this is more than I expected :sad4: Though of course his fans outnumber them by a thousand fold. I wonder how Yuzuru feels about it

We know how he feels, or has felt about it, because he commented on how slanderous articles and etc have affected him over the years. He does seem to be above it all now tho, and so should we. 
I know each person is sensitive to these things in different ways, but I do think this is something we have power over. 
None of this affects him the way the misjudging from the past quad has also, so if he is free from that…

@rockstaryuzu the schedule for me is perfect for a glass of wine, it should be a fun time!

Wonder what he will present / perform, if he is going to throw that jump just because… 

I understood that the media was invited so we may even have pictures? Yay

it is fun to have discussion w/ you guys! i think, for good or bad, it is human nature to try to understand things by putting them on boxes and put labels on them. I for one am really interested in how Hanyu's mind works....

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

I am an introvert too! That's why I "boxed" him elsewhere LOL But truly, no one is 100% one or the other, and not through their whole lives! My impression of him comes from his interviews, especially the ones pre-sochi, roughly till 2015, before the overstepping against his privacy and boundaries got too much. He clearly enjoys drawing energy from the audience and people around him and is very easy going. But the pressure on him is immense, so it gets truly tiring and burdensome even for someone outgoing, is not like he can be too relaxed in public. And he seems to be a natural homebody in any case. 

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Taking into consideration what I know about Yuzu, I personally think he is an introvert. He is a very thoughtful person who is excellent at quietly being and working by himself for long periods of time. He doesn't seem to need to be surrounded by people all the time. In fact, I think he often prefers to be by himself and do his thing.

Reminds me to why Hanyu is interesting. I wonder where Hanyu gain the power/spirit to stay competitive, for so many years, longer than his competitors - from his fans? his friends? his family? from himself? I have impression that in competitions Hanyu really feed on fans' cheers, like he does really enjoy basking in it and is not even trying to hide it (which is very un-japanese lol), and often good cheers equal good performance - but in between competition, i have the same impression as what Yuzurella said.

ah yes i think pre-Sochi Hanyu was more extroverted. I did not realize that it slowly changed... well yes, human grows, and so is his popularity, but it still feels a bit sad :") 

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

Not only are there the introvert and extrovert type, there is also the ambivert type, which I think fits Yuzu better. This is an article about it https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45766506#:~:text=Los ambivertidos son "personas flexibles,profesor Mayer%2C de Nueva Hampshire.&text=También se les puede comparar,introvertidos como de los extrovertidos. (sorry, it's in spanish)

Oh, thank you Anabel for the article! I know the term for a long time but didn't particularly interested because i thought it a bit weird to be exactly balanced 50%-50% and normal human should have some tendency. But the article said it to be something similar to being bilingual and can be switched over, and i think i can understand it better with that analogy :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp: 

(and thinking Hanyu is ambiverted and can switch in how he generate energy, from fans or from himself, would make me calmer as a fan lol) 

heheh but it is really fun to think and have good discussion with you all! I rarely join fans group (more like a silent lurker) so i really enjoy it teehee, it is midnight here and my head hurt and slight fever, so good nightt :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

It is true that swear words are often the first words that one becomes familiar with when learning a foreign language.

It's actually a necessary part of language-learning, to avoid accidentally giving offense. I had a classmate from Kuwait in engineering school who learned the hard way just how offensive the f-word could be after some @$$ tricked her into using it 

15 minutes ago, YuDai said:

It's already moving like crazy :68468287:

sorry i am not familiar with yt live stream....... what is this? is this because the channel already schedule/open for livestream? (eventho it is in 10 august?) I want to sleep but i dont want to miss anything lol

6 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Where this link came from? There's no live stream on Yuzu channel??

Socialblade is a site for monitoring social media engagement metrics. They've already linked the livestream on their page about Yuzu's channel. My guess is that he's already opened the stream but has it hidden from public view, and socialblade is using some backdoor monitoring of YT to find it.

25 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Where this link came from? There's no live stream on Yuzu channel??

I just checked, strangely I can't find anything either.:scratch2: But when I click on the link (see above) I see many fans on the live chat besides the offline video.

Edit:

Yuzu's welcome video has currently 1.6 Mio views :agree:

14 minutes ago, river said:

Socialblade is a site for monitoring social media engagement metrics. They've already linked the livestream on their page about Yuzu's channel. My guess is that he's already opened the stream but has it hidden from public view, and socialblade is using some backdoor monitoring of YT to find it.

I suddenly feel like we're at Ice Rink Sendai's front door camping out side with blanket and flask of coffee. 

The thing is, if Yuzu is not ready to open the door, I feel wrong to queue up hours before the actual event. Call me old fashioned or whatever but turning up too early for party is not good...

17 minutes ago, Fita said:

Oh, thank you Anabel for the article! I know the term for a long time but didn't particularly interested because i thought it a bit weird to be exactly balanced 50%-50% and normal human should have some tendency.

There are more of us than you think! I am one - usually I test at something like 49% one to 51% the other, with I and E switching back and forth.

actually i wondered too how they get the link because it seems yuzu just opened the link since it said the live stream is offline. Maybe he tried to do live test privately and learn how it works before the actual live stream. 

ah now i feel bad i hope he's not scared of someone trying to hack him or something like that. Yuzu maybe wondering himself how the fans know about the link..