General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, gapil27 said:

Fanyus: Oh no it’s drought season.

Yuzu: It’s monsoon, y’all :coolio: ️ 

We are so blessed! Yuzu can now finally do all the things he wants to do and express himself and his creativity freely.

OMG! This is the taste of freedom! It's truly such a liberation for Yuzu and for all of us. :smiley-happy093:

Bring it on, Yuzu! We're ready to feast! :studsmatta:

5 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Not only are there the introvert and extrovert type, there is also the ambivert type, which I think fits Yuzu better. This is an article about it https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45766506#:~:text=Los ambivertidos son "personas flexibles,profesor Mayer%2C de Nueva Hampshire.&text=También se les puede comparar,introvertidos como de los extrovertidos. (sorry, it's in spanish)

Gracias, that's an interesting article. Probably in respect to the human condition, this makes some sense. People are complex, arbitrarily assigning personality types just allows categorisation to divide people into easier to understand cohorts. Of course, in reality people are multi faceted, so they sometimes don't fit neatly into these neat little boxes.

(Google translate instantaneously worked its magic to allow reading of the article. Yay) 

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Hope YuzuTube archive the practice. I'll be working when the stream is on...:13877886:

Sorry for quoting myself but I've remembered something really important...I'm on leave this week!!! ahhahahahhahaha look what professional athlete can do to a poor old girl :68468287::13877886: and to the last year's myself, good job for booking a leave!!

3 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Also, I think it's difficult to tell whether someone's an introvert or not based on their public demeanour alone. Many introverts may seem very sociable on the outside, but feel exhausted afterwards. But of course it's just a label

Of course, we don't know Yuzu well enough to know what he's really like. My intention was rather to explain that there are not only two types of personalities socially speaking. There is a lot of variety out there. Knowing the different personalities types has helped me personally understand myself a little better and feel even more comfortable with my weirdness.

3 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Many introverts may seem very sociable on the outside, but feel exhausted afterwards. 

This makes me laugh, you just described me lol

1 hour ago, Fita said:

It is not easy to read him 😂 i think more of introvert because he seems to explode only when it is about FS, and his programs are mostly introverted (except PW, LMEY, LGC), and that he didn't have public SNS before this (like (sometimes) thinking too much about how others see him), and how he is capable to see himself (like, he rarely talks about comparing himself to others, good at reflection (?)).

But he seems to feed on fans' energy, and that is the main trait of an extrovert🤣

Eheh, yes it is most likely scheduled, but i am super happy nonetheless :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

(having slight fever could definitely affect emotion)

I am an introvert too! That's why I "boxed" him elsewhere LOL But truly, no one is 100% one or the other, and not through their whole lives! My impression of him comes from his interviews, especially the ones pre-sochi, roughly till 2015, before the overstepping against his privacy and boundaries got too much. He clearly enjoys drawing energy from the audience and people around him and is very easy going. But the pressure on him is immense, so it gets truly tiring and burdensome even for someone outgoing, is not like he can be too relaxed in public. And he seems to be a natural homebody in any case. 

Regardless! 

This whole article and the shock coming with it is yet another illustration of how public image and translations are difficult to handle LOL He has cursed / sweared in public before, but making an english equivalent is, well, tricky. 

I love calling this a moonson @gapil27!

3 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

I am an introvert too! That's why I "boxed" him elsewhere LOL But truly, no one is 100% one or the other, and not through their whole lives! My impression of him comes from his interviews, especially the ones pre-sochi, roughly till 2015, before the overstepping against his privacy and boundaries got too much. He clearly enjoys drawing energy from the audience and people around him and is very easy going. But the pressure on him is immense, so it gets truly tiring and burdensome even for someone outgoing, is not like he can be too relaxed in public. And he seems to be a natural homebody in any case. 

Regardless! 

This whole article and the shock coming with it is yet another illustration of how public image and translations are difficult to handle LOL He has cursed / sweared in public before, but making an english equivalent is, well, tricky. 

I love calling this a moonson @gapil27!

Marika changed it to "freakin'" :68468287:

1 minute ago, YuDai said:

Also, I think it's difficult to tell whether someone's an introvert or not based on their public demeanour alone. Many introverts may seem very sociable on the outside, but feel exhausted afterwards. But of course it's just a label

I agree. The spectrum of introvert to extrovert is very broad and most people are actually somewhere in between. Many entertainers are indeed introverts, which is something most people probably wouldn't expect. These introverts still love being on stage and performing, but then retreat and enjoy their time alone.

Taking into consideration what I know about Yuzu, I personally think he is an introvert. He is a very thoughtful person who is excellent at quietly being and working by himself for long periods of time. He doesn't seem to need to be surrounded by people all the time. In fact, I think he often prefers to be by himself and do his thing.

If somebody is interested in learning more about introverts, this book is a great read.

Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

37 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

Meh, we'd better not involve in this. It's all for Japan Open. And they want to use Yuzu to build up hype even when they have all the stars they want? Big nope for me. 

PS: I shoulda post this in the Salty thread but since Yuzu has been in his effing free era, sometimes I should do the same :party2:

Sorry for my language but HOLY SH*T I just checked my twitter before going to bed and oh my god, Yuzu is the gift that keeps on giving!! Too bad I have a lot of meetings scheduled on the 10th but I hope it gets saved on his channel.

This is like media day all over again. How I missed it. Last one we had was in 2019 before the pandemic. 

What was I even sad for the last few weeks? Too early to tell but we might see him more now. He’s finally free to do whatever he wants 

2 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

The link is in Japanese  :shrug: : you can explain to us please (and to see your  :loveshower:

Oh pardon me! I was too happy that Yuzu is having open practice on 10th of August / this Wednesday.

The link is Ice Rink Sendai calendar with 10th of August being "closed for public" marked on it. 

24 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

The impact of the way he says it, like @river properly put it, is at least "damn". He said in a way "fucking free". "Damn free", "freaking free"... Yuzu is polite, so the language itself is not the problem, but the impact for a japanese audience is indeed "fucking free". 

Not the first time he has said "kusou" in public by the way. 

I don’t want to belabor the point, but the Japanese language does not have the English equivalent of the swear word “fuck” or any of its derivatives (“fucked”, “fucking”, “fuckable”, “fucked up”, “fuckedy-fuck”, etc.). The poor Japanese are swear-word deprived/challenged in this regard. The English language is replete with all manner of swear words to suit every occasion.

The Japanese word “kusou” (pronounced “kuso”) is the equivalent of the English curse word/phrase “Shit!”, but is often translated as “damn”. I think that “kusou” is used in a variety of ways by the Japanese because it is the closest thing to a swear word they have. As @Xiupia has said, it is not the first time that Yuzu has used the word “kusou”.

I myself am a third-generation Japanese-Canadian and have a lovely arsenal of English swear words.

I always enjoy bringing my Japanese visitors up to speed on the proper use of English swear words. It is true that swear words are often the first words that one becomes familiar with when learning a foreign language.