General Yuzuru Chat

Hi everyone! Can't read all your comments because I'm on vacation (I mean I've stopped at July 31 and our Youzutuber gave us so many news so the thread move soooo fast) but I just want to pop in and say hi.

It's the first time that I hate being on vacation with limited wifi connection... I know I will have so much to watch when I get back on the 28 but what can I do?? heh I still can't believe he has a YT channel and he's going to stream a practice next Wed!! Now we know he is reading us right? Anyway, just popping in for a quickie and Good luck Yuzu on your new career! Will be back soon (missing all the good stuff :( )

10 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

Well, well, well

The article: 

https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASQ856HNNQ84UTQP023.html

How the article quotes him: 

今年2月の北京オリンピック(五輪)は4位だった。その後、エキシビションに向けた2月18日のサブリンクでの練習では、2連覇を達成した2018年平昌五輪のフリー「SEIMEI」をはじめ、過去に演じた九つのプログラムを次々に披露。終了後、報道陣にこれまでの感謝を伝えた上で、こう語っていた。

"公開練習しますか。くっそ自由な。本当に皆さんには取材とか関係なく、ただひたすら仕事も忘れて、飲みながらでも何でもいいんで。見てもらえる時間がいつか来たらいいなと思っています"

I'm posting the quote separately because I know people will get very confused at Marika for her translation LOL

So...Is Yuzuru actually swearing or is this just Marika's interpretation??

1 minute ago, YuDai said:

I'm far from fluent in Japanese (and will happily defer to anyone on here who does speak it fluently if they have anything to add or correct) but extremely (probably too) fluent in English-language cursing. Japanese doesn't really have curses like we do in English, but the word くっそ in that context... I can't really think of a better way to translate it and still keep the informality. "Damn" might work too, I guess.

Guest Mary_kyo
4 minutes ago, YuDai said:

Apparently, it is closer to “damn” but should we even care?! I mean he is a 27 years old man and athlete. It's not even important tbh

The Daily Spread Eagle

PALACE ANNOUNCEMENT From ICE EMPEROR HANYU

Dawn broke on what was expected to be another calm summer Sunday. With the Emperor's absence the Palace compound has fallen into the habit of weekends with very little to do. The artisan Poohs were allowed to down tools and visit relatives in the One Hundred Acre Wood and Forest. Thus the daily activities of Palace refurbishment ceased on Friday evenings to be replaced with relative silence. 

The quiet was interrupted by the sudden arrival of a flustered and over heated messenger, whose horse had thundered over the drawbridge of Palace Hanyu just after day break, waving the Imperial banner and shouting that the courier carried a special message from the Emperor Himself

Prime Minister pooh was summoned from his quarters to meet with the messenger, still bleary eyed, clad only in his nightgown and cap. Immediately after having received the messenger, court pages were dispatched to rouse the jump ladies and the summon Town Crier.

Within a quarter of an hour the bells of the Palace Campanile rang out across the Planet. The Town Crier began .....

OH YEA, OH YEA, OH YEA

Hear Ye Good Citizens a Proclamation from Ice Emperor Hanyu

The Emperor has made his way safely to the Ice Caves of Sendai. There he has consulted with an oracle and received great benisons of wisdom.

Emperor Hanyu has become an Adept with the use of a communication crystal and will henceforth, be able to communicate by means of the crystal to remote realms. Thus,  they may also be able to view the Emperor as he performs the rituals of skating, upon the the frozen surfaces of the lakes within the Ice Caves.

The Jump Ladies were given specific and private instructions from the Emperor.

Palace heralds issued the following notice:

Ice Emperor Hanyu will make the inaugural performance of the preparations for the rituals of skating from Ice Caves Sendai and transmit views of the rituals by means of the crystal communication.

The communications will take place on the 10th day of the month of August, at noon

The Jump Ladies are to be present at the event

Notice is hereby, given to all Planetary inhabitants, envoys and satellites

This news caused widespread celebration amongst the satellites orbiting Planet Hanyu.:animated-smileys-character-075::jumpingyellow:There was a period where satellite orbits became chaotic before finally resuming a semblance of stability.

Court news:

Certain special envoys from the Northern realm of Toronto had received notice of the Emperor's July 19th announcement. They had received the Emperor's confidence because of longstanding loyalty and fealty of service to the Emperor in years past. The three trusted envoys have been awarded the Imperial Snow Flake for leal service. 

36 minutes ago, YuDai said:

The impact of the way he says it, like @river properly put it, is at least "damn". He said in a way "fucking free". "Damn free", "freaking free"... Yuzu is polite, so the language itself is not the problem, but the impact for a japanese audience is indeed "fucking free". 

Not the first time he has said "kusou" in public by the way. 

Edit: I don't think I made it clear, that the word would be considered a "swear word" regardless of politeness hehe 

32 minutes ago, Fita said:

Ah, introvert/extrovert is just a trait (?), it is not like 90% of introvertian population is negative :68468287: altho i am also the negative introvert lol.

i was worry about the media hype too (more about the fans hype tho, like would he get too emotional reading all those comments lol because even i am already emotional), but then i remember how full-of-confidence Hanyu himself asked his fans to have expectation on him and my worry was gone :rofl3:

Ah, welcome join the club of introverts 😁

I have decided to trust his confidence as well, just hoping that he doesn't feel neccessary to fulfil everybody's dreams at once. I hope and trust he is taking one step at a time and letting himself also rest and take extra good care of his heart and body🥰

Not only are there the introvert and extrovert type, there is also the ambivert type, which I think fits Yuzu better. This is an article about it https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45766506#:~:text=Los ambivertidos son "personas flexibles,profesor Mayer%2C de Nueva Hampshire.&text=También se les puede comparar,introvertidos como de los extrovertidos. (sorry, it's in spanish)

4 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Not only are there the introvert and extrovert type, there is also the ambivert type, which I think fits Yuzu better. This is an article about it https://www.bbc.com/mundo/noticias-45766506#:~:text=Los ambivertidos son "personas flexibles,profesor Mayer%2C de Nueva Hampshire.&text=También se les puede comparar,introvertidos como de los extrovertidos. (sorry, it's in spanish)

Also, I think it's difficult to tell whether someone's an introvert or not based on their public demeanour alone. Many introverts may seem very sociable on the outside, but feel exhausted afterwards. But of course it's just a label