General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, JanMary said:

he's gonna have a youtube live open practice on 10 Aug 2022

what... open practice! since 2018!!!!

Translate by DeepL

Hide contents

Yuzuru Hanyu, 27, who won back-to-back Olympic titles in men's figure skating in Sochi in 2014 and Pyeongchang in 2018, and turned professional, will open his practice to the public on August 10 under the title "SharePractice". It is unusual for an athlete's public practice to have a title.

He will "Share" his special time not only with the press but also with his fans. It is scheduled to be streamed LIVE from around noon on his official YouTube channel "HANYU YUZURU" which he opened the day before (7th). Hanyu said, "As the first trial of my official YouTube channel "HANYU YUZURU," which I have just opened, I will be LIVE streaming the public practice event "SharePractice" to be held on August 10 (Wed.). The time is scheduled around 12:00 noon. Please look forward to it."

At the press conference on July 19, Hanyu said, "I would like to create more opportunities for people to see my skating in various ways, not only in competitions," and he is now breaking new ground.

The first video uploaded on the official YouTube channel "HANYU YUZURU" at 1 minute and 11 seconds has been viewed more than 1,111,111 times, and the number of channel subscribers has exceeded 300,000. Together with his many fans, he has carved his first step as a professional on the silver plate.

Oh, dear me....i am going to cry. I was fine if he take longer time to get accustomed to yt, or even maybe 3 videos per year, i really didn't ask much because he is such a private and introvert person. But maybe he read our comments and want to give something to us fans, because this is the very first time Hanyu has SNS and feels the comments from his fans directly (or maybe i read too much and it is all scheduled hehe). 

Aaaah i have never been idoling/adoring someone this much before, and honestly the big fandom did scared me a little, but aaaaaaa i feel Hanyu is someone who is worth to be adored these much by his fans :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

(Or maybe bcause i am a lil bit tired from work and easily mellowed XD )

@Fita he is very private, but more of an extroverted than the other way around, I believe lol 

This was 100% on his schedule, probably thinking about all of this since the presscon, so glad for this.

Should I expect the logo and header by then? 

28 minutes ago, JanMary said:

there will be media session after the open practice. 5 hours is the total time period reserved for all activities. 

Ooooh, Yuzu really keeps his promises, he isn't real, is he ?  I must be dreaming..... THANK YOU YUZURU FOR EXISTING ❣️

5 hours... I guess the open practice will last 1-2 hours and he will take a shower () and take newspaper/magazine interviews first and then give 20mins interview times to each tv station. (I'm just too excited it's all guessing don't quote me)

5 hours...

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

@Fita he is very private, but more of an extroverted than the other way around, I believe lol 

This was 100% on his schedule, probably thinking about all of this since the presscon, so glad for this.

Should I expect the logo and header by then? 

It is not easy to read him 😂 i think more of introvert because he seems to explode only when it is about FS, and his programs are mostly introverted (except PW, LMEY, LGC), and that he didn't have public SNS before this (like (sometimes) thinking too much about how others see him), and how he is capable to see himself (like, he rarely talks about comparing himself to others, good at reflection (?)).

But he seems to feed on fans' energy, and that is the main trait of an extrovert🤣

Eheh, yes it is most likely scheduled, but i am super happy nonetheless :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

(having slight fever could definitely affect emotion)

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

YuzuTube - 09:00 GMT

Views: nearly 1.3 million 

Subscribers: 327K

Comments: more than 40K

The feedback is welcoming and positive and demonstrates Yuzu's global reach. People indicated their country of residence in their comment

(For reference, ISU subscriber numbers are 249K. Disclaimer: I haven't verified the channel myself because I don't want to show interest with clicks or searches, sorry that is both petty and not in-depth to use another source of information, but that's the way it is for me atm, I'm sure satellites can figure that out.)

And it continues to advance at 3:10 p.m. (or 3:10PM) it is at

- 1,450,703 views :peace2:

- LIKE : 146K :dancingpooh:

- comments : 44,974  :girlsigh: and WORLDWIDE  :softyuzu: :YuzuPoohLove:  and those of :headdesk:twitter

8 hours ago, Wintek said:

I think it also bought him some time to spread the news among fans by word of mouth avoiding getting nasty comments early on (you know, social media is sometimes a very wild place). The channel doesn't even have ads so it's not like he's trying to become a pro Youtuber, he's just trying to make his skateboarding more accessible to fans. This is especially important for international fans, as some people cannot access certain Japanese content due to geo-blocking. He's so sweet to have opened this YT channel, part of Yuzu's message at the press conference was to make his skating more accessible:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp :Reading the comments is so heartwarming, they are so kind and are written in different languages!

Earlier today/tomorrow (gosh, time zones!), a Japanese fan took the time to count (if possible) where the posts were coming from:

" More than 27,000 comments in 10 hours.  How the world is waiting.  There are so many comments that I can't really read them, but at a glance, there are 32 countries and regions that clearly indicate the country original."

To see the number of flags : it's HUGE  :heartpound: GANBATTE Yuzu and ALIGATO and  :agree: with your writing :20111123175639e73: :angel3-smiley: