General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Madita said:

Thank you for sharing. Do you have a link to the interview in which Brian mentioned these interesting informations?

Sorry no link, because I cannot recall whether it was video of an interview or transcript from a written article. There are some videos of Yuzu on Youtube of Yuzu performing at Nebelhorn, where he is behind the boards and he is standing very close to Brian and Javi. They are staring at him with what seems like great interest. Anyone with a practised, expert eye would have recognised his talent immediately. Brian with his coach's eye, would have known this instantly. 

Yuzu was known for his successes at Junior GP and World's, but historically this does not always translate to success at senior level. The stats show that only 4 out of 39 Junior World Champions went on to win major titles at senior level. The Nebelhorn trophy really showed that Yuzu was the real deal. 

The videos from this comp are fan vids and sometimes they capture these snippets of interaction which perhaps professional camera persons did not bother to film. 

One thing I can recall, that season when Yuzu won bronze at WC Nice all of the commentaries was along the lines of this is the future of FS. Brian mentions his thoughts about Nice and that he also commented to Javi that this skater was someone to watch, or words to that effect.

Again, sorry cannot remember the source, Brian speaks of being invited to Japan for skating business and then being invited to dine with Shirota san in order to meet a skater. Brian describes how astounded he was when he walked in and that skater was Yuzu. This was just after Nice. Nanami sensei had already spoken to Yuzu after Nice about finding a coach outside of Japan to help him to progress his skating further and she and Shirota san had been fact finding about where a good training base might be sought.

There are a multitude of articles and interview videos and transcripts that they start to blur into one.

Maybe the Planet should start an archive of important or pivotal moments for reference. We could basically start our own Biography/History project

20 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

If only......

Yes please Netflix. Do it and you will never be short of subscribers to the end of time.   :surprised_pikachu:

Not me going through the original tweet (the one asking for dramatic pics to use for documentary covers) and saving a lot of pics :sparkles.001:

50 minutes ago, Mor2904 said:

I use Kose's products and I love them.

My only complaint is they don't sell Yuzu merchandise outside Asia. We European, American... customers can't get that merchandise.

The Promotional gifts with purchase are really lovely - gift boxes featuring Yuzu photos and the little beauty bag with the ice skate. That is what we want as much as the products.

I use Dr Perricone, Gatineau and Elemis currently so I'm interested to see how the Sekkisei skin product performance matches up.

I want the tiny Yuzu signed ice skate, because if I put the charm on a necklace and wore it to shows, I would be more easily identifiable as Planet satellite

22 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Fantasy on Ice opened their channel on YT and there are several cuts of Kobe Day 1 opening available for view now!

The channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uwIZVUmutHrh2wmjJEWg/featured

One of the cuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInep-SnVlo

The channel looks really promising:

1. Video quality up to 4K resolution and 60 fps framerate!

2. No annoying text boxes in any corner!!! Pure video footage :cheer:

The camera angles are completely different from the television footage. Many distant aerial shots, a fixed front view close to the ice and some of the usual cameras that follow the skaters. There is no real focus on anyone, it's rather the group performance captured as a whole, but it's not bad.

I'm curious if they will upload all individual programs by the skaters as well.

I share this little fun game here as well:

This is indeed an empirical research study. I will document the view numbers at the end of each day until Sunday 14th, and take a closer look at YouTube's view counter algorithm.

I want to know how powerful our fandom really is if we attack things seriously :muahaha:

24 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Fantasy on Ice has opened its channel on YT and several preview clips from Kobe Day 1 are available now!

The channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uwIZVUmutHrh2wmjJEWg/featured

One of the cuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInep-SnVlo

I already specified it on another post : you have to be subscribed to "youtube channel"  :shrug: and, therefore, hope to admire it in the video section here ...  and I was able to open the other one  :heartpound: and here it is, again , a bit of Yuzu :peace2:

16 minutes ago, Henni147 said:

The channel looks really promising:

1. Video quality up to 4K resolution and 60fps frame rate!

2. No boring text boxes in any corner!!! Pure video footage :well done:

The camera angles are completely different from television images. Lots of distant aerial shots, a fixed front view near the ice, and a few of the usual cameras following the skaters. There's not really a focus on anyone, it's more of the band performance captured as a whole, but that's not bad.

I'm curious if they will upload all of the individual skater programs as well.

I saw that you wrote a comment and this is the one I read? and you thank more because we feel the "pro" in descriptions :2thumbsup:  

5 hours ago, Melodie said:

The kind of fandom collision I did not see coming but I embrace it nonetheless :8430721:

Also, Yuzuru Hanyu x Man with a mission WHEN??????

WHAT??!! The comments say that Jean-Ken said a few words about Yuzu... I need to see that!! Every time I hear Fly again I remember Yuzu :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: