General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I can post this now since Brian has made it public by giving an interview.

Ghislain was contacted by Yuzu on Sunday night (Toronto time). Yuzu wanted Ghislain to know that he was going to be holding a press conference to announce his retirement from competition. Yuzu assured Ghislain that he was happy and at peace with his decision. Ghislain said that although it was a sad day for Yuzu’s fans, it was the right decision and that Yuzu has his complete support.

Thank you Geo for this info.

I feel the same as@caramelicht, but it's relieved to hear from Ghislain, that Yuzu is "happy and at peace" with his desicion.

:snonegai:

I hope both will meet again someday. 

2小时前, Goatedforever说:

+1. I think it’s going to take some time getting used to and I believe I will only get over it once we see Yuzu’s plans into action which might take a while. 

I feel peaceful when I watch his anouncement, but several days later I think I was just unable to react in that particular instance. I don't know how much time I need to take to suit for this change. I only know I really need to see him again.:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

MISS U SO MUCH YUZU!!!

@Sun_Rise @caramelicht @Anni

Yuzu has made the decision to go professional and pretty much everyone agrees that this is the best for Yuzu going forward into the future. We respect Yuzu's decision, we are glad for the prospect of shows and we are relieved that Yuzu can now be away from the injustice that he has suffered in comp over the past years

Spoiler

Like you and many other people, the announcement was a surprise and there was a shared sadness about what the announcement meant for supporters, although of course we accept that Yuzu does not owe his fans anything. Many satellites including myself were happily chatting about the prospect of organising trips to the comps to see and support Yuzu in person and to meet fellow satellites. The idea of planning these trips was very exciting, especially for those of us living within Europe because the comps were potentially accessible. Now there is uncertainty about when and where we will have the chance to see Yuzu and shows will most likely start out in Japan and there are issues about ticket sales for those not residing in Japan. We will need to be supportive to one another and try to find out how we can get tickets and meet up.

The whole thing has left me feeling a bit deflated, for want of a better description. Back to waiting for crumbs

3 hours ago, Anni said:

Merci Géo pour ces infos.

je ressens la même chose que@caramelicht, but is relieved  to hear from Ghislain that Yuzu is "happy and at peace" with his decision.

:snonegai:

I hope the two will meet again one day. 

:agree: with you on Yuzu's expression "happy and above all AT PEACE"  :acceptable: with himself and THANK YOU for the trust of Brian / Tracy and Brian for having revealed nothing to me about Yuzu's confidences and, I think that the former Mr  :pooh:  is in Toronto Yuzu will pick him up and go to the TCC to see his former collaborators again and it will be (in my opinion) full of emotions :shout: 

1 hour ago, rocket said:

I feel peaceful when I watch his anouncement, but several days later I think I was just unable to react in that particular instance. I don't know how much time I need to take to suit for this change. I only know I really need to see him again.:tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

MISS U SO MUCH YUZU!!!

You are not alone, I am not even able to watch his competiton videos. It will take loooooooooooong time until I am able to watch them again and hopefully then feel the same joy and happiness that I felt when watching them for the first time.

This separation anxiety would be easier if there was some info about when will we see him next time. Also I really hope he will have a good PR agent and own web page (with English translation) as a performing professional athlete & artist, I think it would be really useful and fun thing to have for him and his team as well as for us.

So far I am enjoying and hoping for every little bit of crumbs. Thank you Planet Hanyu and fellow satellites for providing them 🙏🏻🥰

11 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

A Japanese fan have me the heads up about the photo. She said that if we retweet or quote retweet, we can get a gift from Yuzu 👀. If anything, we can rt or qrt to show our support to one of Yuzu's sponsors. Sekkisei is expanding internationally (looking for more presence in Duty Free stores at the airports), so they may be happy if they see international fans sharing 😊

14 minutes ago, Wintek said:

A Japanese fan have me the heads up about the photo. She said that if we retweet or quote retweet, we can get a gift from Yuzu 👀. If anything, we can rt or qrt to show our support to one of Yuzu's sponsors. Sekkisei is expanding internationally (looking for more presence in Duty Free stores at the airports), so they may be happy if they see international fans sharing 😊

Thanks for the info. RT and sent message hoping for Sekkisei launch in UK. I would definitely like to have skin as radiant as Yuzu's

@caramelicht @Goatedforever @KKY_Joyz @Anni @rocket @Suzu it seems we formed a chain of slightly saddened souls.

I am still puzzled why this particular news was a trigger for this stir of emotions. I guess we'll be having these moments from time to time and it's not a linear process for some (at least for me I know now it isn't).

Spoiler

Yuzu doesn't owe us anything, he already gave it all. But this came as unexpected. So many are still with conflicting or - better to say - shifting feelings. Really, really happy for him & proud. Also sad, from time to time. I don't want this, but maybe it's better to accept it that it happens. 

3 hours ago, Suzu said:

This separation anxiety would be easier if there was some info about when will we see him next time.

The term "separation anxiety" somehow speaks to me. We don't have the structure (yet), hence anxiety. I strongly believe we will, but we don't so far and I absolutely agree that all the crumbs, all the videos, snippets, broadcasts, interviews and translations are a blessing. Also - every time Yuzu says: "I am happy", "this makes me happy". 

I think for me it’s been cushioned by the extensive drought brought on by covid and injuries which disrupted the previous seasonal routine.  So I’ve gone from waiting for media day, ACI, GP season, scrambling to find Japanese Nationals on the internet (and I’m a total Luddite), sometimes 4CC, Olympics in those years and WC, disrupted often by illness and injuries, - to waiting for the white wall interviews and advertising campaigns while Japan simply shut down.  He’s healthy, he’s  not killing himself to prep for the season, he’s working on something , which is bound to be great, but probably won’t be hurried because he’s a perfectionist.  Actually, thinking about that seasonal treadmill, without the sustenance of good scoring it’s not surprising he’s decided to step back and take it at his own pace.  

12 hours ago, Geo1 said:

I can post this now since Brian has made it public by giving an interview.

Ghislain was contacted by Yuzu on Sunday night (Toronto time). Yuzu wanted Ghislain to know that he was going to be holding a press conference to announce his retirement from competition. Yuzu assured Ghislain that he was happy and at peace with his decision. Ghislain said that although it was a sad day for Yuzu’s fans, it was the right decision and that Yuzu has his complete support.

Thank you for sharing. "He was happy and at peace with his decision " I know we heard from Yuzu himself but it's still nice to hear it again.

This particular performance of Etude is especially poignant given that this must be Yuzu's first competition of the season, following the Great Eastern Earthquake. Yuzu spent the summer performing in ice shows in order to raise money for the disaster. The programme is also known as 'Sorrow' or 'Sadness'. The swell of the music represents the waves of the devastating Tsunami and Yuzu's costume evokes the image of Hokusai's painting 'the Great Wave of Kanagawa'. The natural light streams in from a huge window at one end of the rink, which also contributes to the overall atmosphere of the performance. It was at this competition that Brian and Javi really started to pay attention to this young skater from Japan, Brian mentions this in an interview about Yuzu.

This was Yuzu's short programme for the 2011/12 season, which culminated with Yuzu's bronze medal at WC Nice, March 2012.

To this day, this remains as one of my personal favourite performances, for the reasons above.

5 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I think for me it’s been cushioned by the extensive drought brought on by covid and injuries which disrupted the previous seasonal routine.  So I’ve gone from waiting for media day, ACI, GP season, scrambling to find Japanese Nationals on the internet (and I’m a total Luddite), sometimes 4CC, Olympics in those years and WC, disrupted often by illness and injuries, - to waiting for the white wall interviews and advertising campaigns while Japan simply shut down.  He’s healthy, he’s  not killing himself to prep for the season, he’s working on something , which is bound to be great, but probably won’t be hurried because he’s a perfectionist.  Actually, thinking about that seasonal treadmill, without the sustenance of good scoring it’s not surprising he’s decided to step back and take it at his own pace.  

Spoiler

Same here. I was actually thinking Saitama 2023 would be his last comp since it’s in Japan. I guess after 9 years of watching him compete, going through the highs and lows of his career, waking up during ungodly hours to find a stream of his comps, watching him grow, it’s just really going to take some time to shake off the feelings. The drought might take a while so I’m just thankful for the crumbs we get. I’m hopeful he’ll announce something by December but we’ll see. 

Ultimately, I am happy for Yuzu. I was very worried for him with the scoring changes. Now he doesn’t have to suffer through that.  

Sending you all hugs, I’m very glad that we aren’t alone in dealing with our feelings. 

8 hours ago, Perelandra said:

This particular performance of Etude is especially poignant given that this must be Yuzu's first competition of the season, following the Great Eastern Earthquake. Yuzu spent the summer performing in ice shows in order to raise money for the disaster. The programme is also known as 'Sorrow' or 'Sadness'. The swell of the music represents the waves of the devastating Tsunami and Yuzu's costume evokes the image of Hokusai's painting 'the Great Wave of Kanagawa'. The natural light streams in from a huge window at one end of the rink, which also contributes to the overall atmosphere of the performance. It was at this competition that Brian and Javi really started to pay attention to this young skater from Japan, Brian mentions this in an interview about Yuzu.

This was Yuzu's short programme for the 2011/12 season, which culminated with Yuzu's bronze medal at WC Nice, March 2012.

To this day, this remains as one of my personal favourite performances, for the reasons above.

Thank you for sharing. Do you have a link to the interview in which Brian mentioned these interesting informations?