General Yuzuru Chat

On 2022/8/1 at 午後5時24分, Pammiさんが言いました:

I agree! In my earlier post when I asked how we missed signs of how he was thinking it was a rhetorical question, I didn’t expect answers but it’s interesting to read people’s views. However I do think Yuzuru could maybe have wanted to prepare us, even a little, for this possibility. I agree it’s easy to “see” things in hindsight, but actually Raison’s lyrics (wonderfully translated on here by @SuzyQ EDIT my memory might be playing its tricks again, maybe it was Real Face SuzyQ translated??) and Yuzuru’s own explanation of the programme was enough to plant that seed of wondering about future plans. I was one of those who thought it very telling that he never explicitly said he was going to continue competitive skating, but the lack of announcement before GP series assignments were due to come out mid July had most of us more convinced than not that he would compete. It was the tragedy of Shinzo Abe’s assassination that delayed such an announcement and of course in hindsight it is absolutely in character for Yuzuru not to make such an important announcement whilst his people came to terms with such a shocking event. Yuzuru also put so much thought into helping us all manage his announcement, by the power of his positive thinking and framing of his decision, I am so grateful to him for that, it has helped me think differently about his change in status than I otherwise would have done. The main thing, (as many of us have said already) is that despite the tears of farewell to his old life, he radiates happiness at deciding this new path.

I roughly translated the lyrics of Raison, and the meaning of the song is too figurative to understand really.

But it may be OK to understand that the title of the song "Raison (d'être)" has the significance after all. (We use this word as it is in Japanese, like レゾンデートル rezon detoru, although it is not so common.)

I have not tried the translation of the lyrics of "Real Face."  I found some translations on the net, and I think these ones are relatively accurate among them.

https://sheryl-7.livejournal.com/5111.html

https://parkminnie.wordpress.com/lyrics/kat-tun-real-face/

It's true, after all this time, that we've come to understand these songs had told us so many things :14066882:

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

Did people here also speculated that FaOI B tour opening costuming was “recycled”? 

Well, apparently! 

LOL

The best costume FaOI pulled off (imo of course) is the amalgamation of the best of previous years~ 

there is no way I don't recognize that piece taken from FaOI's Cruel Angel's Thesis LOL. It's hella ugly but oh so unique. But also, 1) it's ToShI, yo, 2) it's Yuzu, yo.

54 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I roughly translated Raison's lyrics, and the meaning of the song is too figurative to really understand.

But maybe it's good to realize that the song title "Raison (d'être)" has a meaning after all. (We use this word as it is in Japanese, like レゾンデートルrezon detoru, although it's not that common.)

I haven't tried the translation of the lyrics of "Real Face". I found some translations on the net, and I think these are relatively accurate among them.

https://sheryl-7.livejournal.com/5111.html

https://parkminnie.wordpress.com/lyrics/kat-tun-real-face/

It's true, after all this time, we finally understood that these songs had told us so many things :14066882:

:thanks: SUZYQ for your work  :2thumbsup: and, of course, it is easier to understand : but on the other hand and why (I switched to English to observe well) it is marked (to be) and which always remains in French? and DETORU in Japanese .... 

Hace 1 hora, Anabel said:

I think there is no need for Yuzu to have social media. To be informed of their professional career, a website is enough and even from there they could sell merchandising and manage the sale of tickets to their shows. Many things can be done through a website without the implication of personal exposure that social media have.

Social media are always risky. There would be many people waiting for the slightest misstep as an excuse to attack him.

I agre with all of you: an official page or website is the best idea.

hace 11 minutos , Yuzuwinnie said:

:thanks: SUZYQ for your work  :2thumbsup: and, of course, it is easier to understand : but on the other hand and why (I switched to English to observe well) it is marked (to be) and which always remains in French? and DETORU in Japanese .... 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that foreign words in Japanese get transcripted literally (the way they "sound", the way they're prononunced). The final "u" (like the "u" between consonants) is used to make it easier to pronounce for Japanese native speakers.

1 hour ago, caramelicht said:

if the final stop in sendai, i wonder if Yuzu is stealthily going there too... hahahaha....

:hihi:

Yuzu could try to sneak into the exhibition together with ToshI. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I also believe that putting up an official website would be the best choice for Yuzu. It's very unlikely that he'll get into social media. He hasn't needed this kind of validation until now and he probably won't in the future.

20 分, Yuzuwinnieさんが言いました:

We sometimes use French words as they are, but in Japanese pronunciation using Katakana letters, as we have two types of letters; ideogram (kanji) and phonogram (hiragana and katakana), and katakana letters are basically used for imported words and onomatope.

So, raison d'être is written as レゾンデートル (pronounced as rezon detoru or dētoru

If you master hiragana and katakana, basically you can write down all words regardless of the original spelling, as far as you can pronounce them :D 

https://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/en/letters/katakana.html

7 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

We sometimes use English words as they are, but in Japanese pronunciation using Katakana letters , because we have two types of letters; ideogram ( kanji ) and phonogram ( hiragana and katakana ), and katakana letters are basically used for imported words and onomatopes.

Thus, raison d'être is written レゾンデートル (pronounced rezon detoru or d ētoru

If you're proficient in hiragana and katakana , you can basically write any word regardless of the original spelling, as long as you can pronounce it. :D 

https://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/en/letters/katakana.html

:thanks: for your answer and I suspect that "to be" is not pronounced the same in Japanese  :smiley-cool14:and I don't know anything at all  :headdesk2: and I clicked on your link and it's actually quite complicated  :girlsigh: and the "detoru" I just copied it in your text 

52 分, Mor2904さんが言いました:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that foreign words in Japanese get transcripted literally (the way they "sound", the way they're prononunced). The final "u" (like the "u" between consonants) is used to make it easier to pronounce for Japanese native speakers.

We usually pronounce almost all sounds with vowels in Japanese, so Japanese tend to pronounce, for example, "ando" for "and", or "tēburu " for "table" (basically no "l" sound in Japanese).

So, we are often revealed as Japanese from our pronunciation with vowels when speaking foreign languages :happydance:  

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

This is such an awesome edit! :10636614:

I would love to watch this kind of documentary about Yuzu. I hope someone, perhaps even Yuzu himself, will produce a high-quality documentary about him, his life, and his career. The script would basically write itself.

The Planet should crowd fund this project

It is one of the most engrossing true life stories after all