General Yuzuru Chat

There's so much Yuzu stuff still happening. From throw back pictures to video edits, old interviews and previously unseen footage. This just makes me finally realize how big Yuzu is and will remain in the history of figure skating. He is the bridge between 2-3 generations of skaters.

I've been searching for a certain picture yesterday and ended stumbling upon these from the JNats 2020 warm up

https://yuzu-all-the-way.tumblr.com/post/690950019831005184/one-of-my-favourite-series-of-yuzu-photos

If you don't want to go on Tumblr, I'll share the photos under the spoiler in order to not fill the page.

Spoiler

14ceeaa138bcf849a6b85e69443db65f61b33107a6c6b3dd2bc6b5b088ad4bb64127b66cfc933445fdcbc0b01f3c85440eedce2687e5d768d287f10d43d93ddcf54d59f78553ddbec4dcf3fe321fee18a93b2bc15274c451b1d08657afb71231e0a678f3

There may be more, but these are all that I could find from the setting

Edit: Apparently not all links work, so under the spoiler there aren't all the photos

9 hours ago, Xiupia said:

TV news segment on the exhibition in Nagoya! (News One if I’m not mistaken) 

Youtube:

The girl busting out crying looking at Yuzu is definitely a mirror of me 

LOOLLL 

...and Pooh was also there.:dancingpooh:

Let's all "beam" to Japan. :wink2:

I'm glad, that there are at least a few videos for us.

From the official weibo account of the Milan Cortina 2026 winter olympics 

Rough translation

"He will always be a role model for excellence and fair play, inspiring countless spectators  and millions of young skaters to keep going!"

:ganba:

"Skaters like Yuzu is a reminder of why I actually love skating.":tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

[NEWS]

Her IG account 

Spoiler

The second part of the Kenji Miyamoto interview was published today

https://www.daily.co.jp/general/2022/07/28/0015507311.shtml

Here is my deepL translation.

Do not repost outside of Planethanyu!

Spoiler

フィギュアスケート男子で五輪2連覇を達成した羽生結弦さん(27)のスケート人生に、振付師の宮本賢二氏(43)も数多くの中の一人としてかかわってきた。2回目は、2015~16シーズンのエキシビション、「天と地のレクイエム」の振り付けを担当したときの思いや、プロスケーターとなる今後への期待などを尋ねた。

Choreographer Kenji Miyamoto (43) is one of the many people involved in the skating life of Yuzuru Hanyu (27), who has won two consecutive Olympic titles in men's figure skating. In the second part of this interview, we asked him about his thoughts when he choreographed the 2015-16 season's exhibition programme, 'Requiem for Heaven and Earth', and his expectations for his future as a professional skater.

-2015-16シーズンのエキシビション、ヒーリングピアニストの松尾泰伸氏が東日本大震災の鎮魂曲として完成させた「天と地のレクイエム」も印象的だったのでは。

「1回目に決めてしまうのもどうかな、と思い、羽生君に3~4曲を送ったのですが『1回聴いて、この曲でお願いします』と。曲の雰囲気と、そのときの心情だったとは思うんですけど、思いが合致したのかもしれません」

Q: The exhibition programme for the 2015-16 season, "Requiem of Heaven and Earth," composed by the Japanese healing pianist Yasunobu Matsuo, was also impressive.

KM: I sent three or four songs to Hanyu-kun, thinking that it was better to not make a decision right away, but he replied, "I have listened to the songs once, please let us use this one". I think it was the atmosphere of the song and his feelings at that time, but maybe our ideas fitted together.

-どういう思いで滑ってほしかったのか。

「あまり大震災の話はしたくはなかったんですけど、やはりそこからつながっているものはありまして。『奇跡の一本松』(※)の話をしました。“大変なことばかりだけど、あなたはやっぱり力強くいてほしい”という思いでした。今思い出しても泣きそうになってしまうんですけど…。『つらいことはあるけど、前に進んでほしい』と。ほぼしゃべらずに振り付けていきました。すごく印象に残っています」

Q: What kind of ideas did you want him to skate with?

KM: I didn't want to talk too much about the earthquake, but there were still many connections to it. We talked about 'The One Miracle Pine Tree' *. I wanted to say, "I know it's tough, but I want you to stay strong." Even now, thinking back on it, I feel like crying... The song is about 'It may be hard, but keep moving forward'. The choreography was done almost without speaking. It left a very strong impression on me.

-宮本さんの目に、演技はどのように映っていたのか。

「人間として強く、一歩でも前へということが見えると思っています。一つのプログラムで、つらいこともあったけど最後は上を向いて、という感じに見えたと思うのですが」

Q: How did his performance look in your eyes, Miyamoto-san?

KM: I think it shows that we are strong as human beings and that we can move forward, even if it's just one step. I think in this specific programme, I saw him going through a tough time, but at the end, he was looking up.

-宮本さんは数々のアイスショーも手がけている。ここでもかかわったことが多いのでは。

「私は全体の振り付けをするのですが、羽生君が一番張り切ってやってくれるんです。はっきりとした声で『ここはこうした方がいいですか?』とか『こっちに動いたらいいですか?』とか。ものすごく率先してやってくれます。後輩たちがいくら疲れていても“羽生君があれだけやっているんだから、みんなやらな”という良い雰囲気になるんです。すごくスムーズに進むんです。毎回彼に『君がすごく張り切ってやってくれるから、みんなも付いてきてくれる。すごく助かっている』と言うんですけど、『いやいや、僕は普通にやっているだけですよ』とにこやかに言うんです。『そうやな。ありがとう』っていつも言います」

Q: You have also worked in many ice shows, Miyamoto-san. You have often been involved with him here as well.

KM: I am responsible for the overall choreography, and Hanyu-kun is more enthusiastic than anyone else. He clearly asks, "Should I do it this way?", or "Can I move in this direction?" He takes a huge amount of initiative. Even if the younger skaters are tired, there is a good atmosphere of 'Hanyu-kun is doing so much, so everyone has to give it their best'. So things go very smoothly. Every time I tell him, "Because you are working so hard, everyone is following you", but he smiles and says, "No, no, I am just doing what I normally do". And I always say, "Yes, you're right. Thank you".

-アイスショーでも常に一生懸命に取り組んでいると。

「いつもにこにこしているけど、スイッチが入った瞬間、自分の演技に集中して、完璧以上のものを求めるんです。ずっと集中して、精神力がすごいな、と思いながら見ていました。ジャンプ一つ、4回転を飛ぶためにずっとウオーミングアップをして、イメージトレーニングをしているんです。みんな、本当にすごいという話をしていました」

Q: You said he always works very hard in ice shows.

KM: He's always smiling, but as soon as he switches on, he's so focused on his performance that he wants more than perfection. I saw how focused he was the whole time, and I thought his mental strength was amazing. For every jump, every quad, he is warming up and doing image training all the time. Everyone was talking about how amazing he really was.

-今後プロスケーターとして歩んでいくが、期待していることは。

「競技会はルールがあって、その中で点数を求めていくじゃないですか。プロスケーターになったということで、競技会のルールがなくなって、例えば跳びたいジャンプをいくらでも跳べる。そういう、自由になった部分も多いと思います。4回転アクセルをやると言っていますし、楽しみで仕方がないですね」(おわり)

Q: He will now be a professional skater, what are your expectations of him?

KM: In competitions, there are rules and you have to get points within those rules. Now that he is a professional skater, the rules of competitions are no longer there, and he can do as many jumps as he wants, for example. He says he's going to do a quadruple Axel, so I am really looking forward to it.

(End)

※奇跡の一本松 2011年3月11日に発生した東日本大震災で、岩手県陸前高田市にある高田松原の松の木は津波によりほとんどが流されたものの、約7万本とされる中、唯一耐え残った。高さ約27・5メートル、樹齢約170年と言われる。枯死が確認されたものの、復興の象徴として後世に受け継ぐため、人工的な処理を加えてモニュメントとして保存されている。

* 'The One Miracle Pine Tree'

In the aftermath of the Great East Japan Earthquake of 11 March 2011: Most of the pine trees in Takada Matsubara in Rikuzentakata City, Iwate Prefecture, were swept away by the tsunami, but this was the only pine tree out of an estimated 70,000 that remained standing. It is said to be 27.5 metres high and about 170 years old. Although it was found to be dead, it has been protected as a monument with artificial treatment in order to pass it on to future generations as a symbol of recovery.

[NEWS]

8 hours ago, Mona_Melissa said:

Oh, she's so sweet! Such a spontaneous reaction. I would also cry if I stood in front of his beautiful costumes and iconic skates in person. So much weight of history behind them... and would make me feel closer to Yuzu. It would be overwhelming I think.

:agree: and I joined the other fanyus and how not to be moved in front of ALL its splendor  :girlsigh: and felt the soul of Yuzu through its costumes and skates  :softyuzu: and happy for these lucky people to be able to admire this exhibition in real life and to see the enormous merchandising  :animated-smileys-character-075: and this crowd of fanyus with the signs of belonging to the "clan" Yuzu and Mr  :pooh:  and hoping that the money from these sales does not go to the JSF and this HUGE RECEIPT proves that Yuzu is loved  :nod2:  and I also WANT a tour world  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-n5-CBc_E  

2 minutes ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:agree: and I joined the other fanyus and how not to be moved in front of ALL its splendor  :girlsigh: and felt the soul of Yuzu through its costumes and skates  :softyuzu: and happy for these lucky people to be able to admire this exhibition in real life and to see the enormous merchandising  :animated-smileys-character-075: and this crowd of fanyus with the signs of belonging to the "clan" Yuzu and Mr  :pooh:  and hoping that the money from these sales does not go to the JSF and this HUGE RECEIPT proves that Yuzu is loved  :nod2:  and I also WANT a tour world  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv-n5-CBc_E  

WOW this FAN message video :YuzuPoohLove: :YuzuPoohLove::YuzuPoohLove: :YuzuPoohLove:

Guest turquoiseblue
13 hours ago, Xiupia said:

I would really appreciate if the acc mentioned where in this Q&A a question is asked or a comment is made about nikkan. I just went through it to try my hand at translating the 2 questions made about Yuzu's statement of determination, and if the mayor has commented about it anywhere else (on video or written) I would like to know, because is not on the page linked. I know some japanese personalities have, but haven't found it from the Sendai mayor. 

Anyway. Here is the japanese transcript for anyone to try their hand as well: 

Reveal hidden contents

羽生選手のプロ転向について

Q9. 昨日、羽生選手がプロ転向を会見を開いて決断したということですけれども、これについて市長のご所感をお聞きしたいのと、改めて何か表彰ですとか、例えば今後のプロとしての活動への支援みたいなものを何か新しく考えているのかどうかというところについて教えてください。

A9. 昨日の(羽生選手の)会見を受けてコメントを出させていただいたところです。羽生結弦さん、あれほど人々の心を揺さぶるアスリートというのはなかなかいらっしゃらないと思いますし、技術的なことも、それからまた芸術的なことも、そして何よりも人としての魅力というのでしょうか、放つ光というのでしょうか、こういうものを備えた方で、戦いの場からは去るということですけれども、しかし、まだチャレンジをして現役でプロとしてのアスリートの本領を発揮したいという、そういう強い思いを話されたこと、これからも引き続き応援してまいりたいと思っています。

Q10. 6月定例会でも泉(区)のアイスリンクについてのギャラリー整備の話も後押ししてはどうかという話ですとか、2月か3月の議会でもアイスリンクの整備についての質問ですとか、議会でもそういった声もあります。仙台市として現状、設備とかそういったものにとどまらず、何か羽生さんのこれまでの活動を顕彰、表彰するようなものというのは今現在考えているものはありますか。

A10. 先ほどの質問で何か表彰も考えているのかというところも答えが漏れてしまいましたけれども、今、改めてのご質問にもございました。その点については、今後のさまざまな状況を総合的に勘案した上で、何ができるのか、あるいはどうなのかということを考えていきたいと思います。それから施設整備についてですけれども、これも費用ですとか運営の在り方ですとか、さまざまな課題もあるわけでして、これも総合的に見ていかなくてはいけないだろうと思っています。

羽生さん自身の昨日の会見でも、今後はプロとして活動するという熱い思いを語っておられました。また、4回転半、クワッドアクセルについても挑戦をし続けるということで、ぜひ皆さんに成功した姿を見せたいというようなその気持ちもにじんだ会見だったというふうに認識をしております。その舞台となるものがどこでどういうふうに羽生さんご自身の中でお考えになっていらっしゃるのか、それもどういう状況であるのか、まだその辺については語ってはおられなかったので、もしお話を伺える機会があるならばいろいろとお聞きしたいなとは思います。

deepL translation with little tweaks from myself: 

Reveal hidden contents

Hanyu turning professional / pro. 

Q9. Yesterday, Hanyu held a press conference to announce his decision to turn professional / pro. I would like to know what the mayor thinks about this, and if there are any new plans for awards or support for his future activities as a professional.

A9. I just had a chance to comment on yesterday's (Yuzuru Hanyu's) press conference. Yuzuru Hanyu, I think it is rare to find an athlete who can move people's hearts so much, and he is a person with technical skills, artistic skills, and above all, a person who has such charm and light as a human being. Although he is leaving the arena of competition, I would like to continue to support him because of his strong desire to continue to challenge and demonstrate his true potential as a professional athlete.

Q10. At the regular meeting in June, there was also a question about the development of an ice rink gallery in Izumi Ward, and at the assembly meeting in February or March, there was also a question about the development of an ice rink. Is there anything that Sendai City is currently thinking of to honor or commend Mr. Hanyu's past activities, beyond the current facilities and such?

A10. I also omitted to answer your earlier question about whether we are also considering some kind of commendation, but you have just asked again. We will consider what we can do or not do in this regard after comprehensively taking into account various circumstances in the future. Regarding the maintenance of facilities, there are various issues to be considered, such as the cost and management of the facilities, and we will have to look at these issues comprehensively.

At yesterday's press conference, Mr. Hanyu himself expressed his passionate desire to become a professional skater in the future. He also said that he will continue to challenge quad Axel, and he would like to show his success to everyone. I would like to hear more about the stage where he is going to compete, and "what kind of situation you are in, if you have a chance to talk to us" - this part is as if he is talking directly to Yuzu.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Someone asked them for the source :68271262:

:dontknow: