General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, SummerMemories said:

I think it's just another Team Sirius... maybe under a different website name, like something related to gyoza or earphone  :knc_yuzu2:

1 hour ago, meowmeownyan said:

:laughing: it's a different entity

:headdesk:we are trolled XD perhaps it is not solidly built yet?

_____

29 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Here is link to NHK broadcast of Yuzuru's presscon from the 19th with simultaneous English interpreter.  I'll try find the media thread to put it in too....if I can find it as I am not too good at finding things here (or anywhere!!) - it would not embed.

https://youtu.be/PfMnKtUR--w

Edit yay I found the thread, lets celebrate!! :cheer:

thank you soooo much!! I didn't know i need this so much haha

29 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

This artist creates the most beautiful works with Yuzu as the theme

Oh noooo the waterworks have been activated again....:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: but its because I love it :heart:

(and also because the sense of loss is back again today, but I know it will pass)

Hello everyone ! 

First of all, English is not my first language, so apologies for mistakes and wording.

I am a Turkish Fanyu, living in Zurich. Some of you may remember my name from the Pooh campaign during Stockholm2021. I would like to pass my gratitiude to all Satellites who participated and made it happen.

Now I have a bigger project which may be one of its kind in the world. And there is no way that it can be realised without the Satelites. It's a documentary about Yuzuru and us: THE FANyu. 

I have been discussing it with some people who are already in movie production business, some Fanyus who I trust and yes, it seems like a huge project. I have given a lot of thinking about the content, prepared some mood boards, even visualised each chapter of the documentary sequence by sequence. I didn't envisage it as the life story of Yuzuru, I dreamt of it as a documentary which demonstrates why he is one in a million skating icon, why he can not be replaced and what he means to the Fanyus with some concrete examples; i.e with real life stories of people whose lives were changed because of him. A 60-90 min. documentary with 6-7 sections, a documentary that starts with his announcement of turning pro, analysis of the conditions that made him take this decison, continues with how his fandom continued to grow bigger even when he was losing, why he means so much to people, the power of Fanyus, how he unites fans across the globe. 

I aim to focus on the good and bad sides of social media and on the concept of "fandom" as well, this is why I thought of the title THE FANyu. Although I have also been victim of some aggresive Fanyus on SNS, I truely believe that this "crazy Fanyus" reputation is all made up. And I want to do my best to change it. 

I know that we have some insanely talented Fanyus, Fanyus with some good connections, Fanyus who are ready to share their stories, so why not unite for a project like this? I want this to be a project which is led by Fanyus, a project that has a heart. A project that is managed and marketed professionally, though. "How about the finance?" is the main question of course and that's why we need people with connections who can help us reach possible sponsors. 

This may sound like a crazy idea, but I wholeheartedly believe that  it is doable. And I can not think of something better to give our dear Yuzuru as his "turning pro" present. 

So, fellow Satellites, what do you think? 

On 7/11/2022 at 2:41 PM, LiaRy said:

Official confirmation for Sheffield

It is still sinking in, it takes time. I had felt lucky with so many European venues (like other European fanyus), and having read now that Finland is Yuzu's favourite country, I think he really might have wanted to compete in Espoo. I had never been to Finland before Helsinki GP but somehow my family immediately felt very much at home there without knowing why and we started going there more often. (We happened to be in Espoo when this info came.) Knowing we have something in common with Yuzu in this respect gives me some peace.

1 hour ago, senemgencer said:

Hello everyone ! 

First of all, English is not my first language, so apologies for mistakes and wording.

I am a Turkish Fanyu, living in Zurich. Some of you may remember my name from the Pooh campaign during Stockholm2021. I would like to pass my gratitiude to all Satellites who participated and made it happen.

Now I have a bigger project which may be one of its kind in the world. And there is no way that it can be realised without the Satelites. It's a documentary about Yuzuru and us: THE FANyu. 

I have been discussing it with some people who are already in movie production business, some Fanyus who I trust and yes, it seems like a huge project. I have given a lot of thinking about the content, prepared some mood boards, even visualised each chapter of the documentary sequence by sequence. I didn't envisage it as the life story of Yuzuru, I dreamt of it as a documentary which demonstrates why he is one in a million skating icon, why he can not be replaced and what he means to the Fanyus with some concrete examples; i.e with real life stories of people whose lives were changed because of him. A 60-90 min. documentary with 6-7 sections, a documentary that starts with his announcement of turning pro, analysis of the conditions that made him take this decison, continues with how his fandom continued to grow bigger even when he was losing, why he means so much to people, the power of Fanyus, how he unites fans across the globe. 

I aim to focus on the good and bad sides of social media and on the concept of "fandom" as well, this is why I thought of the title THE FANyu. Although I have also been victim of some aggresive Fanyus on SNS, I truely believe that this "crazy Fanyus" reputation is all made up. And I want to do my best to change it. 

I know that we have some insanely talented Fanyus, Fanyus with some good connections, Fanyus who are ready to share their stories, so why not unite for a project like this? I want this to be a project which is led by Fanyus, a project that has a heart. A project that is managed and marketed professionally, though. "How about the finance?" is the main question of course and that's why we need people with connections who can help us reach possible sponsors. 

This may sound like a crazy idea, but I wholeheartedly believe that  it is doable. And I can not think of something better to give our dear Yuzuru as his "turning pro" present. 

So, fellow Satellites, what do you think? 

OMG I love this idea!!!!! SO MUCH!

Personally I am a documentary fan and I feel like that documentary could always touch people from a different perspective. If we are able to produce a documentary with different angles, in a more narrative way, I think it could also help with changing the reputation of "Yuzu's crazy fans". A lot of the gossip or common image of Fanyu being crazy are from specific screenshots or moments on the social media, but that should not be the permanent image of Yuzu's fans. Also the reason of some crazy moments should be revealed, rather than only having the result presented.

Many non-FS fans dislike Yuzu simply because of his so-called crazy fans, even without understanding how awesome Yuzu is as a person and skater. I do think project like this could help correcting some cliche impression on Yuzu as well, cuz I have heard so many times that people saying "I hate him because he never control his crazy fans"..... I mean I don't care people hating some fanyus, but I care about people throwing bad words on him because of that Fanyu reputation. I hope the documentary could display why and how Fanyu come to together to stand with him, how the group grows bigger and bigger in an expotential-ish way, and how the group support him while receiving LOTS of rewarding moments and gratitudes from him, and how the group became angry and crazy due to the unfair judging system and skaters who go back and forth to him. E.g, some fanyu might know the temperature problem happen in 19 world championship, and because of that, I know some Fanyu brought thermometer to 19 GPF and JN just in case things happen again LOL. 

In terms of connection, I think perhaps Japan and China are the largest market .... likely more potential sponsors from these two countries. I personally know some businessman (mainly in Finance) and one of them appreciate Yuzu quite a lot. But he never invest in something abstract, so we might need to have a more detailed plan before he is willing to step in. I also have some friends in film production but they are relatively young to the industry, so not very famous or experienced.

@justalittlehappycloud You asked about a Discord server... Well, our ICE campaign (International Correspondence Event) to send letters to the ISU asking for a move back to artistry and to the use of technology in judging, will have a Discord server soon. I do not know if there is another Yuzu server, but this one will certainly be for fans as well as the letter campaign.

We have taken the last week off due to Yuzu's announcement, while we decided whether we will continue the campaign. We decided that Yuzu would very much like it if we did continue. One of the big reasons why he retired are these exact issues. You can see what we are doing in the ISU Letter Action thread under the General Chat. That thread explains what we are doing, but at this stage the core group is writing the letter and building the website using private chat. Therefore, you will not see this activity on the thread. That doesn't mean we are inactive, quite the contrary. We will post more on the thread as these jobs are completed.

1 hour ago, Ulrinis said:

Knowing we have something in common with Yuzu in this respect gives me some peace

It made me ridiculously happy to hear him say that, now I'm also hopeful he may visit Finland if he ever does go on a world tour.

This is the beginning of something extraordinary, something the world hasn't seen yet. I'm certain of it. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Aaah! This is so beautiful! I have no words. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I hope we'll still get Yuzu practicing or performing in his Under Armour from time to time.

Yuzu is so graceful even off ice. :girlsigh:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

do you know when it was broadcast on what channel?

Asahi channel 2 (テレ朝チャンネル2) last Sunday day 2 starting at 11 am Japan time and day 3 starting right after at 14.30.

Same channel will air FaOI Shizuoka this weekend 7/30-31 and FaOI Nagoya 8/6-7. You can check the schedule here

https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/ch/contents/sports/0555/

I think we haven't seen yet Shizuoka day 1 or Nagoya day 1 and 2 so we have something to look forward.