General Yuzuru Chat

ISU competitions - no, I think that's definitely not happening anymore. Too much has happened really, and he did won all there was to win, honestly. 99% he's not coming back to that (and I say 99 only because I hate words "never" and "impossible" and almost never use them).

But, he might be thinking about a way of developing something where he could still compete somehow, who knows...

3 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

I can see Yuzu competing in Summer games, archery or trap shooting

Discovering the translations of the interviews, please never ever again let Yuzu be subjected to that kind of mental cruelty.

If Yuzu decides that he wants to compete in FS in the future.

By all means. but only after a complete investigation and overhaul of the IJS, with robust safeguards to ensure that bias in judging is removed by use of high def multi angle camera system and AI movement analysis with a review and instant appeal system, for GOE, like Gymnastics and transparent judging and refereeing process. ISU should be placed on probation, having to demonstrate strict adherence to a pre agreed code of practice, good governance and external audit for all competitions and competition results, having to report to and be subject to regular review by a larger International Sports governing body or ombudsman. 

I also think we should record the live judging. Like actually record the judges with their face and what scores they press for what element they are watching. Live Camera Surveillance is needed in ISU judging, in my opinion.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:32 PM, LiaRy said:

It's a very random idea, I don't know how to do it, though.

What if we organize a day relatively soon to watch together some of Yuzu's performances? Underrated and the very best. We could do a twitch stream, something like that, for about 2 hours. Make a list of the performances we want to see and then watch it together as Fanyus. From competitions, from galas, from ice shows...

I think it would be a good experience to celebrate Yuzu's amateur career.

Feel free to shut this down, though, it's a thought based on emotional turmoil.

On 7/19/2022 at 11:41 PM, Hanmgse said:

This is a great idea! I hope we can do it

we could do a poll maybe?

On 7/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, lajoitko said:

How about doing three parts: from first senior season to Sochi, from Sochi to PC and from PC to Beijing?

I promised I would make a post in which I would try and explain the idea of a celebration for Yuzu's competitive career.

The quotes are added to help me keep track of the things that have been briefly talked about so far.

The proposal

I would like to find a couple of people who are willing to help organize a stream for celebrating Yuzu's competitive career.

First and foremost, a streaming platform should be discussed (maybe Twitch?) and someone who knows how to stream would be very welcome. (I could try doing it, too, but it may take a while before I figure out how everything works since I never used a live streaming platform before).

Secondly, since there are A LOT of competitions and programs it'll be quite hard to choose between them.  @lajoitkosuggested a division of the programs into 3 sections: first senior season until Sochi (inclusively), Sochi - PyC and PyC - Beijing.

We can have 3 polls per season to decide which competition to watch - polls for the short, long and gala programs, respectively. For example:

• 2016-2017 season LGC with the options ACI, SCI, NHK, GPF, 4CC, Worlds;
  • H&L poll with the same options;
  • Notte Stellata poll with the same options.

Another suggestion by @YuDaiis to have the programs separated by 'genres': competitions, galas and ice shows. The polls would still work for choosing which programs to watch.

I realize that this is quite a lot, so suggestions of how we could more easily choose are very much welcome! Also, we should also include ice show programs, so the choosing process becomes even more complicated.

Thridly, by dividing the streams into 3 periods, it would mean 3 days of streaming so we would also have to decide on that dates - preferably so that they don't overlap with the Yuzu Skating Party. They can either be 3 days in the course of a week (e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday) or there could be 3 days across a month (e.g. first and third Saturday of August - 6th, respectively 20th August, and first Saturday of September - 3rd September). We can also have a poll to decide on the format and the month. However, my suggestion is that we do it soon.

The streams would last approximately 2 hours.

This is a very basic idea. I'd like to hear your opinions and maybe reach a conclusion by Wednesday/Thrusday so we have enough time to put together a small team to work on the organization process and to have the set up ready to go as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, LiaRy said:

We can have 3 polls per season to decide which competition to watch - polls for the short, long and gala programs, respectively. For example:

• Notte Stellata poll with the same options).

I realize that this is quite a lot, so suggestions of how we could more easily choose are very much welcome! Also, we should also include ice show programs, so the choosing process becomes even more complicated.

Could they be separated into different genres, such as competitive programs and gala/ice show performances? I don't think I'll be able to watch his comp programs in a long while...

Just now, YuDai said:

Could they be separated into different genres, such as competitive programs and gala/ice show performances? I don't think I'll be able to watch his comp programs in a long while...

Yes, sure, this is also an option! I'll add it in the original post as an idea

10 hours ago, YuDai said:

Finland is Yuzuru's favourite country???:eeking:

Yes, we have great rinks, please go on a world tour and make a visit to Finland, I can guarantee all the shows will sell out <3

I was surprised as well.. but maybe our little cold country has a warm place in his heart, as he has won every competition he has participated in here 😀... Yuzu if you are lurking... sorry for the bell peppers :animated-smileys-cheeky-041: but if your world tour visit in Finland we'll clean the whole country off them... it is a pinky promise😉

1 minute ago, Muffinator said:

Well, if Yuzu decides to do a bunch of stuff in Finland, you Finnish members better start making plans to turn into airbnbs, because the rest of us are coming!!! :loveshower:

Absolutely, you are all welcome :happydance: It is time to have real figure skating to this ice hockey kingdom :yahoo:

1 hour ago, Newprogramsplease said:

Haha I agree.

Our job as fanyus is to not give lots of money to ISU now that Yuzu is out and give ISU the cold shoulder. It's what they deserve for what they did. 

Whilst also supporting Yuzu and just waiting patiently for whatever he wants to do next whether it be a competition comeback or just ice shows. 

So adding some tiny translation of his presscon here:

At the very beginning he said: 

これから競技会というものに出るつもりはないです。僕がこれまでやってきた中で、もう競技会に対して、結果ということに対して、取るべきものは取れたなと思ってますし、そこに対する評価をもう求めなくなってしまったという気持ちもあります。それがここまで至った経緯です。

From now on, I don't have any plan to attend competitions. Among all I've done so far, I have already taken all I should take from the competition and result (aka gold medals for all competitions), and I am no longer looking for any evaluation from competitions. That's how it came to this point. 

Feel like Yuzu just really don't care about ISU judging his FS anymore, all he cares about is his ideal FS and how the audience that value him would like his new programs. This is great! Bye ISU.

:yuzupout:

13 hours ago, Perelandra said:

@Anabel

Good Day Lovely Satellites

It seems that people are interested to send a support messages to Yuzu.

Anabel and I have investigated using a high quality photobook service to compile messages

A separate thread will open shortly to discuss the project

General idea, take a photo of Virtual Pooh Rain with a written message for Yuzu and in which country you reside. We will put a Pooh on a map to show that support is Global.

Send photo, for inclusion in the project. Of course if you don't have a Pooh any visual tribute for Yuzu will be just as good

The most important aspect of this is that we would like Yuzu to see that lots of fans are excited about the future projects that Yuzu is planning and will continue to support him.

We want everyone orbiting the Planet to be included, if they would like to be involved.

The intention will be to send the completed photo book to Ice RInk Sendai

*As a matter of courtesy, we are appealing to any of the Japanese speaking satellites.*

Please could one of you volunteer to approach them, to check if it will be alright for the Planet to ask for their help to ensure that the gift reaches Yuzu.

Reveal hidden contents

Costs have been covered for both the book and postage by myself and Anabel. It is your involvement that counts

Photobook to celebrate Yuzuru is a great idea :happy0158:. Printed book will not dissapear to the bit space but he can keep it and watch it when he is old (a light year from now because he is forever young) and remember one of the turning points of his fabulous career. I am looking forward to the thread with instructions when and to whom send the photos.

I am happy and proud of alll the Fanyus, there are also other projects going on on different platforms to celebrate and support Yuzuru and this new phase of his skating life :cheer:

8 minutes ago, Muffinator said:

@SummerMemories If Yuzu wants to be free of the ISU, then he isn't likely to ever want to be a coach, either.

IIrc, In an old interview ha mentioned coaching but more along the lines of mental preparation and the mind set to cope with elite level sports, which would not necessarily be limited or exclusively geared towards FS. Given how Yuzu had to cope with a natural disaster and it's aftermath, injuries and illness and be away from training during recuperation, the awful issues of not being rewarded Yuzu fully understands the sacrifices and resilience needed to overcome such challenges and pressures and succeed. He would be an excellent coach for anyone needing the right mentality to be a champion. This would also mean that the athlete(s) Yuzu worked with would not need for him to have dealings  with ISU, because this type of coaching is generally more behind the scenes as part of the wider coaching team

2 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I promised I would make a post in which I would try and explain the idea of a celebration for Yuzu's competitive career.

The quotes are added to help me keep track of the things that have been briefly talked about so far.

The proposal

I would like to find a couple of people who are willing to help organize a stream for celebrating Yuzu's competitive career.

First and foremost, a streaming platform should be discussed (maybe Twitch?) and someone who knows how to stream would be very welcome. (I could try doing it, too, but it may take a while before I figure out how everything works since I never used a live streaming platform before).

Secondly, since there are A LOT of competitions and programs it'll be quite hard to choose between them.  @lajoitkosuggested a division of the programs into 3 sections: first senior season until Sochi (inclusively), Sochi - PyC and PyC - Beijing.

• Notte Stellata poll with the same options.

Another suggestion by @YuDaiis to have the programs separated by 'genres': competitions, galas and ice shows. The polls would still work for choosing which programs to watch.

Thridly, by dividing the streams into 3 periods, it would mean 3 days of streaming so we would also have to decide on that dates - preferably so that they don't overlap with the Yuzu Skating Party. They can either be 3 days in the course of a week (e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday) or there could be 3 days across a month (e.g. first and third Saturday of August - 6th, respectively 20th August, and first Saturday of September - 3rd September). We can also have a poll to decide on the format and the month. However, my suggestion is that we do it soon.

The streams would last approximately 2 hours.

This is a very basic idea. I'd like to hear your opinions and maybe reach a conclusion by Wednesday/Thrusday so we have enough time to put together a small team to work on the organization process and to have the set up ready to go as soon as possible.

I think twitch would be good! and I also like the ide of doing three sessions each for a skating quad. Maybe for the programs selection we could do the obvious ones, like for example NHK 2015 - GFP 2015, worlds 2017, etc. Performances that are iconic and the polls could be to fill the rest of the viewing session.