General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, Perelandra said:

For the sake of context, here is a currency conversion

1 billion Yen = £6 million = $ 7.5 million = 7 million Euro  

ISU deficit approx $4.5 million per annum, latest figures from the congress.

Further information for your consideration:

ISU income is mainly derived from Figure Skating, yet this income is split between Figure and Speed for various funds for skating related projects, skater support, prize money etc. ISU council is mainly comprised of ex speed skaters. 

You will be able to deduce what the main driver of cash coming in to ISU coffers was,( for the past 10-12 years ) and also think about whether the distribution of monies within ISU was at parity for the 2 branches of skating. 

I don't understand why figure skating and speed skating are lumped together in the first place. They are almost as different as FS and ice hockey...

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Mr Shinya Kobayashi, sports journalist, who is explaining that JSF is keenly feeling the loss of his presence, and will likely face a severe decline in revenues.  In 2010 when Yuzu started competing JSF net asset  was about 1.1 billion yen, and the most recent figures indicate their net asset to have grown to 3.5 billion yen.  Mr Kobayashi says JSF's "face is turning blue", i.e. feeling sheer panic, knowing that they will lose the 10% take on all of Yuzu's revenues from his sponsors and earnings,

wait whaaaat???? they take 10% from their skaters revenue!? is this normal in figure skating? i had no idea. 

3 minutes ago, YuDai said:

I don't understand why figure skating and speed skating are lumped together in the first place. They are almost as different as FS and ice hockey...

.Something to ponder courtesy of Astro Physics :offtopic2:

When a star has consumed all of its fuel,  Hydrogen. The next chemical in the chain is Helium. Once the Helium has been consumed the gravitational forces overcome the now failing fusion reactions. As the dying star collapses the intense gravity forces the atoms together to produce heavier elements. Only super massive stars can become supernovae and these are the only stars which can create the heavier elements which create the building blocks of life. These building blocks are dispersed through the universe as the star explodes.

Only from the total destruction of these super massive stars can something new be created. 

I did understand all of the Yuzuru Special with Matsuoka, Oda and Arakawa San and here are some snippet translations I found cute.

1. Yuzu and P Chiddy used to not speak to each other, but on P Chiddy's last official practice, he asked Yuzu how he skates so well, and P Chiddy was all smiley smiley when talking about skating skills during their last practice together

2. Yuzu wants the go anywhere door so he can rest in his room or practice until the last minute on his own rink before competitions or ice shows

3. Yuzu recently realized 2015 GPF seimei, was when he as acting as himself, not the character from the movie. 

4. Yuzu is recently into stretching exercises.

I can't translate everything as I need to sleep, but what I felt once I finished watching this was.

I have a feeling this man loves figure skating and competitions too much to be away from it in the long run. I think what he needs is a long mental rest. Away from competitions, away from scores, away from ISU. His clear passion for the athletic side of figure skating and for competitions itself may return, because he clearly is so passionate about it (I'd like to translate everything if I had the time). 

After this interview, it made me sort of believe he might really compete again, but only if and when that fire returns. But I am beginning to think even Yuzu needs a long time to rest mentally away from all that before he feels like competing again. If he doesn't comeback, and my intuition is wrong, then that's even better. I want him to be away from these ISU clown show forever. But I just feel everything he said tonight, the passion and clear love he has for the athletic side of figure skating is not dead. 

Just now, isabelfm said:

wait whaaaat???? they take 10% from their skaters revenue!? is this normal in figure skating? i had no idea. 

This is the fact for many years lol, I'm surprised many people don't know :surprised:

It really depends on the federation, and for Japan every amateur skater have that 10% rule. In addition, even if you earn money via photos or so, such as the Yuzu exhibition earlier this year, all the revenue would have that 10% applied. If you belong to any company, like IMG or USM, there would be a LOT MORE to be taken away.... that's what Mao experienced many years ago :(

1 minute ago, SummerMemories said:

This is the fact for many years lol, I'm surprised many people don't know :surprised:

It really depends on the federation, and for Japan every amateur skater have that 10% rule. In addition, even if you earn money via photos or so, such as the Yuzu exhibition earlier this year, all the revenue would have that 10% applied. If you belong to any company, like IMG or USM, there would be a LOT MORE to be taken away.... that's what Mao experienced many years ago :(

Now that Yuzu left. Those old photobook we've been buying, will those profit still go to JSF?

1 minute ago, Sammie-s said:

Now that Yuzu left. Those old photobook we've been buying, will those profit still go to JSF?

I believe all the revenue he received before July would still have the 10% off, but after should not have. Team Sirius would definitely make sure everything belong to Yuzu goes entirely to Yuzu :clapclap4:

20 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

For the sake of context, here is a currency conversion

1 billion Yen = £6 million = $ 7.5 million = 7 million Euro  

ISU deficit approx $4.5 million per annum, latest figures from the congress.

Further information for your consideration:

ISU income is mainly derived from Figure Skating, yet this income is split between Figure and Speed for various funds for skating related projects, skater support, prize money etc. ISU council is mainly comprised of ex speed skaters. 

You will be able to deduce what the main driver of cash coming in to ISU coffers was,( for the past 10-12 years ) and also think about whether the distribution of monies within ISU was at parity for the 2 branches of skating. 

An oversimplification but...

Spoiler

Callous FS Feds execs + Aloof speed skating ISU officials = FS DESTRUCTION

48 minutes ago, Newprogramsplease said:

I did understand all of the Yuzuru Special with Matsuoka, Oda and Arakawa San and here are some snippet translations I found cute.

1. Yuzu and P Chiddy used to not speak to each other, but on P Chiddy's last official practice, he asked Yuzu how he skates so well, and P Chiddy was all smiley smiley when talking about skating skills during their last practice together

2. Yuzu wants the go anywhere door so he can rest in his room or practice until the last minute on his own rink before competitions or ice shows

3. Yuzu recently realized 2015 GPF seimei, was when he as acting as himself, not the character from the movie. 

4. Yuzu is recently into stretching exercises.

I can't translate everything as I need to sleep, but what I felt once I finished watching this was.

I have a feeling this man loves figure skating and competitions too much to be away from it in the long run. I think what he needs is a long mental rest. Away from competitions, away from scores, away from ISU. His clear passion for the athletic side of figure skating and for competitions itself may return, because he clearly is so passionate about it (I'd like to translate everything if I had the time). 

After this interview, it made me sort of believe he might really compete again, but only if and when that fire returns. But I am beginning to think even Yuzu needs a long time to rest mentally away from all that before he feels like competing again. If he doesn't comeback, and my intuition is wrong, then that's even better. I want him to be away from these ISU clown show forever. But I just feel everything he said tonight, the passion and clear love he has for the athletic side of figure skating is not dead. 

imo, maybe he'll come back for competition, long in the future (probably just to show the ideal FS he's admired all along) and then back to retire but after watching some interviews, i feel that is pretty unlikely to go back if the environment of comp is still the same (again we never know what would happen in the future). his decision for this new stage is also to take care of his mental health (look at how glowing and younger he has become since his retirement. he looks so free and healthy!). He's been pretty vocal about what he felt all this time since yesterday. That competition passion, well he did say that he remains the same it just that he changed the stage to where people acknowledge and appreciate his skating skill because he loves people to watch him. That's why he always ask us to keep expecting, looking forward and supporting him.

back then our support won't reflect in the result of competition, but this time showing our support would reflect in the result of his "competition".

1 hour ago, Xiupia said:

That’s honestly a good question, this is way too much content in such a short time frame 😅 

Post-PYC levels, if not a little worse. 
I’m trying to save and and download most of these tv specials, let’s see if the adms will be able to set something up!

Ooh would you be able to throw them in a Google drive? I can make a section in the video section. What should it be called? Announcement of pro career or Next Chapter?

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Ooh would you be able to throw them in a Google drive? I can make a section in the video section. What should it be called? Announcement of pro career or Next Chapter?

May I suggest we just make a general video category under 2022 Ice Shows called 2022 Media Appearances (or sth similar) and we put everything we get in the future in there as well? :D People are now using "Others" category and just dumping everything there...

EDIT: I saved most of today's stuff on our streamable but we just need a permission from the original streamer to publish them! If we don't get it, Xiupia's help would be very welcome indeed 🙏