General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, MsWinnie said:

Hanyu does not need “frame” anymore. I am so happy that he may finally have the bandwidth to do whatever he wants, and his arts :heart:

So basically what he tries to say is as soon as his marks (especially the component score) started to level off with the rest oа field, he started to feel unwanted ?

Just read out the bit about 10% of skaters earnings from sponsors, endorsements etc going to JSF to my husband who was :jaw:  - sweet (football fan) summer child has no idea what sports organisations can get away with in less popular sports.

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Good morning!  Yes, this Mr Shinya Kobayashi, sports journalist, who is explaining that JSF is keenly feeling the loss of his presence, and will likely face a severe decline in revenues.  In 2010 when Yuzu started competing JSF net asset  was about 1.1 billion yen, and the most recent figures indicate their net asset to have grown to 3.5 billion yen.  Mr Kobayashi says JSF's "face is turning blue", i.e. feeling sheer panic, knowing that they will lose the 10% take on all of Yuzu's revenues from his sponsors and earnings, but also they will face difficulties attracting the same level of spectators and sponsors. 

Sadly, as many of you know, this type of institutional bullying is not unique to JSF - I found the same attitude and behavior in others, e.g., I have had many dealings with the Japanese Ministry of Finance in relation to development finance, and I have personally witnessed and experienced how they bully and intimidate staff from other ministries and other institutions, including international organizations.  I don't think it's unique to Japan - power over other people's lives often makes humans behave in these despicable ways, and when it is institutionalized, the individual members don't even recognize it as such - they just go along with the flow.  I am so glad Yuzu decided to extract himself from this toxic relationship and to create his own place where he can heal his heart!  I am eternally grateful for his courage and wisdom to take this brave step forward, and I am also amazed and humbled by his compassion and strength never to lose his integrity in the face of such cruelty.  Many of us would have let the anger and bitterness eat away at our heart and become hardened and even cruel in response to such abuse and violence to our well-being.  Yuzu is showing us the way to deal with difficulties - and we will need his leadership and guidance in what will likely be a very turbulent and unstable world.  I am hoping he will step up beyond the skating experience and take a larger leadership role on a global stage!  

@JSF and @ISU (from Yuzuru)

This is how I am feeling after what Yuzu has said and what we have learnt about JSF - There is a real sense of exploitation and also a thought process where skaters are not like people, but are disposable commodities.....it leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. I think young skaters are abused by the organisations that should be looking after their interests.

hace 4 minutos , Pammi said:

This is how I am feeling after what Yuzu has said and what we have learnt about JSF - There is a real sense of exploitation and also a thought process where skaters are not like people, but are disposable commodities.....it leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth. I think young skaters are abused by the organisations that should be looking after their interests.

Well, this has been painfully obvious with Russian girls… with the applause of ISU, many journalists, and many coaches. 
It’s disgusting. 

Now when I count all the gold medals for Japan from 2014 to 2022, for WC, OG and GPF only (as I think GP and FCC aren't as superior...), they got 10 gold medals and 8 of them are from Yuzu. If we don't count WC this year then all 8 medals are from Yuzu........ This man also received the worst treatment. JSF just deserves a bankruptcy :((((((

I'm so glad Yuzu is willing to express what he really feel, the sadness, thankfulness, disappointment, rather than just trying to be nice here anymore. 

:YuzuPoohLove:

41 minutes ago, Sun_Rise said:

Reveal hidden content

Depuis quelques temps déjà je voulais utiliser ce mot mais je n'osais pas. 

Certainly when we hear the word "violence" we think of physical beatings / riots ..... BUT this so-called "violence" is most of the time "vicious / malicious / actions with the aim of destroying  :cursing: the psyche (j read nervous breakdown and that's horrible  :yucky:) and words sometimes and the saddest thing: everyone knew  :S it and now Yuzu SPEAK YES and tell what you've been through, because it has to come out..... and live YOUR FREEDOM 

1 hour ago, Umebachi said:

Good morning!  Yes, this Mr Shinya Kobayashi, sports journalist, who is explaining that JSF is keenly feeling the loss of his presence, and will likely face a severe decline in revenues.  In 2010 when Yuzu started competing JSF net asset  was about 1.1 billion yen, and the most recent figures indicate their net asset to have grown to 3.5 billion yen.  Mr Kobayashi says JSF's "face is turning blue", i.e. feeling sheer panic, knowing that they will lose the 10% take on all of Yuzu's revenues from his sponsors and earnings, but also they will face difficulties attracting the same level of spectators and sponsors. 

Sadly, as many of you know, this type of institutional bullying is not unique to JSF - I found the same attitude and behavior in others, e.g., I have had many dealings with the Japanese Ministry of Finance in relation to development finance, and I have personally witnessed and experienced how they bully and intimidate staff from other ministries and other institutions, including international organizations.  I don't think it's unique to Japan - power over other people's lives often makes humans behave in these despicable ways, and when it is institutionalized, the individual members don't even recognize it as such - they just go along with the flow.  I am so glad Yuzu decided to extract himself from this toxic relationship and to create his own place where he can heal his heart!  I am eternally grateful for his courage and wisdom to take this brave step forward, and I am also amazed and humbled by his compassion and strength never to lose his integrity in the face of such cruelty.  Many of us would have let the anger and bitterness eat away at our heart and become hardened and even cruel in response to such abuse and violence to our well-being.  Yuzu is showing us the way to deal with difficulties - and we will need his leadership and guidance in what will likely be a very turbulent and unstable world.  I am hoping he will step up beyond the skating experience and take a larger leadership role on a global stage!  

For the sake of context, here is a currency conversion

1 billion Yen = £6 million = $ 7.5 million = 7 million Euro  

ISU deficit approx $4.5 million per annum, latest figures from the congress.

Further information for your consideration:

ISU income is mainly derived from Figure Skating, yet this income is split between Figure and Speed for various funds for skating related projects, skater support, prize money etc. ISU council is mainly comprised of ex speed skaters. 

You will be able to deduce what the main driver of cash coming in to ISU coffers was,( for the past 10-12 years ) and also think about whether the distribution of monies within ISU was at parity for the 2 branches of skating. 

2 minutes ago, Faithyu said:

Guys, I can't keep up🙈.

Do we have a Yuzu "next chaper" archive or thread in the forum where all the interviews and videos are safed so one can easily find it later?

That’s honestly a good question, this is way too much content in such a short time frame 😅 

Post-PYC levels, if not a little worse. 
I’m trying to save and and download most of these tv specials, let’s see if the adms will be able to set something up!