General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, Madita said:

Nice try, oniceperspectives. I thank you for the videos, but even if I hear the words from Yuzu himself, I am not going to ‘continue to follow the next generation of skaters’. What happened to Yuzu will happen to future skaters I would care about. I saw it happened to Yuna and Mao, and then saw it at its worst with Yuzu. Enough. 
You’re all delusional if you think ‘being an athlete and artist on your own terms’ will end in anything but heartbreak if nothing is being done to the backwardness of i*u and fs old guards. So long.

eta: woops that’s probably more fitting for salt mines. I’ll try to move it there once I have access to PC, if admins don’t come through first. Pardon, mina-san.

11 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I've been out in nature today and it was refreshing to some extent. Now I'm completely exhausted from the physical effort, but content. I think I'm finally able to make a clear post about what I'm feeling seeing how many of you expressed your feelings, too.

I would've expected by now to have gotten over the "I'm so emotional I smile and laugh one second, but the next second I'll cry because I remember there's no more competitions with Yuzu". I haven't and one reason why that is is because there's so much stuff being posted on Twitter from Yuzu's career. The tributes are all very nice and heartfelt, but they all seem like a goodbye to me. We are celebrating his competitive career's end, of course, those tributes were to be expected. But I have barely seen any posts of like "guess what crazy sh*t Yuzu will pull next now that he doesn't have to play by the (stupid) rules anymore".

Plus, all the content skaters are posting and other people from all over the world, new photos from past years being revealed... it's a lot. And I'm starting to believe that the moment we'll all get over this super emotional phase is when we see Yuzu in action, when we have a concrete visualization of what he's going to do. It might take a few months, a year, a year and a half, I don't know - in time, of course, the emotions will dull and little by little the social media environment will go back to being calmer. However, until Yuzu shows up with his first new professional athlete stuff (I say stuff because it's really hard to find a word that fits), we will be missing him in competitions. I hope at least part of this makes sense.

As for his words, he was worried about how us fans will perceive the news. I saw some posts calling for an online organized fan-message similar to the Virtual Pooh Rain we did as well as that we should try and find ways to send him stuff to show our appreciation and our continuous support. I am fully on board with both ideas. If we go first with the online message, I say we have to act soon - the Virtual Pooh Rain was organized in less than a week if I remember correctly, we should do something like this now.

Yuzu might not necessarily need this, but it's a kind way of supporting him. Plus, it might give us a respite from all the emotional turmoil. By saying this, I don't want to sound insensitive, most of us are in the same boat - emotionally. We might not want to go through social media at the moment because all of the memories that are being shared,  we might want to stay off the internet because we want to process the news on our own - whatever the reason may be, I think we should still try and make the online support-message happen soon.

Not only will it help encourage Yuzu and convince him (maybe not the right word) that we are still here for him, but it could also help all of us as a community to make a step towards a more happier perspective.

Reveal hidden contents

What I say doesn't mean that I'm trying to force people out of the "mourning" phase, but it might be a nice stepping stone towards "healing", if I can call it that.

Sorry for the long post. I hope I conveyed my message in a way that doesn't offend anyone and if it does, I'm truly sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Edit: Completely unrelated to what I wrote - I have now the rank of 4Lo and having reached that before Yuzu announced his switch to pro athlete made me extremely happy - is my 3rd favourite Yuzu jump (3A, 4Lz, 3Lo) - so it might be totally insignificant, but it made me truly emotional and, frankly, I don't really want to get another rank. But I will continue posting and being active around here, so that's not possible, haha

Well... I will say that YES, there is a plan in the work to do something to show Yuzu that we are here and we not only support him but actually expect great things from him in this new stage! (he himself asked for this from fans, so we will deliver). We will share info once we have the details and instructions.

5 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Nice try, oneiceperspectives. I thank you for the videos, but even if I hear the words from Yuzu himself, I am not going to ‘continue to follow the next generation of skaters’. What happened to Yuzu will happen to future skaters I would care about. I saw it happened to Yuna and Mao, and then saw it at its worst with Yuzu. Enough. 
You’re all delusional if you think ‘being an athlete and artist on your own terms’ will end in anything but heartbreak if nothing is being done to the backwardness of i*u and fs old guards. So long.

TBH, before Yuzu, I have no interest in human being (I'm assuming Yuzu is human in this case, for the time being), even if they create arts that I really appreciate (music, movies, books, drawings etc.). "The next generation of skaters" are not even creating anything near art to start with, why on earth should I follow them 0:) I'm picky picky on human being, I want to tell him. 

The "retirement" discourse that came up from the language barrier was really annoying me after seeing Yuzu so carefully choosing his words to convey his RESOLUTION, to highlight that this is a new stage where he will continue challenging himself and he wants us to be excited. He also made a huge point to differentiate between pro-skater (taking it easy, or dedicating pro career to mostly artistry) and pro-athlete for a reason. So, I started collecting the different threads available on Twitter with translation of different interviews. I keep adding to the thread when I find something new. So, this could be if not your one stop to really get into what Yuzu really wanted to share with us, at least a good place to start. Within the thread, I HIGHLY recommend watching the videos of the interview of Yuzu with Shuzo-san and reading Tsukiyomi's translaiton of Yuzu's interview with Sport Hochi.
for those on Twitter, and if you feel like it, I would really appreciate if you can help me spread these translations as there are many fans that are missing relevant information to understand Yuzu's motivation, the physical and emotional struggles, his huge commitment to fans, his intentions and plans, and what he expect from us. iIunderstand the anxiety for not knowing when we will see him on the ice again, but we will need to be patients. He has something in the making but knowing how speculations work, he won't tell us until the details are clearer. For now, let's deal with the wave of emotions, lets accept our longing, but let's also embrace hope. It's Yuzu, king of setting up goals and realizing them who is asking us to stay with him and being excited about this new stage. He wants to show us what he can do now and how much he can improve!

https://twitter.com/pep_on_/status/1550143449558499328?s=20&t=9RgZxDRWm74NWRDXO4bN4w

On 7/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, ImmortalBeloved said:

I think that would be a great endeavor and a huge undertaking which he could easily pull off. The concern from a fan's point-of-view is that being an organizer of such an event, or any competition immediately disqualifies our Yuzu from competing himself...so we would not actually see any of his own skating should he do this. :( 

There might be ways.... it's like Japan wanting Yuzu involved in the bid for the Winter Olympics 2030. He being involved in a pro-competition can bring sponsors, but the organization, judging, etc, can be done by an impartial 3rd party (assisted by AI technology?). We have been dealing with a non-impartial party for years (AKA ISU), so I am sure that almost any option is better and fairer.

12 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I've been out in nature today and it was refreshing to some extent. Now I'm completely exhausted from the physical effort, but content. I think I'm finally able to make a clear post about what I'm feeling seeing how many of you expressed your feelings, too.

I would've expected by now to have gotten over the "I'm so emotional I smile and laugh one second, but the next second I'll cry because I remember there's no more competitions with Yuzu". I haven't and one reason why that is is because there's so much stuff being posted on Twitter from Yuzu's career. The tributes are all very nice and heartfelt, but they all seem like a goodbye to me. We are celebrating his competitive career's end, of course, those tributes were to be expected. But I have barely seen any posts of like "guess what crazy sh*t Yuzu will pull next now that he doesn't have to play by the (stupid) rules anymore".

Plus, all the content skaters are posting and other people from all over the world, new photos from past years being revealed... it's a lot. And I'm starting to believe that the moment we'll all get over this super emotional phase is when we see Yuzu in action, when we have a concrete visualization of what he's going to do. It might take a few months, a year, a year and a half, I don't know - in time, of course, the emotions will dull and little by little the social media environment will go back to being calmer. However, until Yuzu shows up with his first new professional athlete stuff (I say stuff because it's really hard to find a word that fits), we will be missing him in competitions. I hope at least part of this makes sense.

As for his words, he was worried about how us fans will perceive the news. I saw some posts calling for an online organized fan-message similar to the Virtual Pooh Rain we did as well as that we should try and find ways to send him stuff to show our appreciation and our continuous support. I am fully on board with both ideas. If we go first with the online message, I say we have to act soon - the Virtual Pooh Rain was organized in less than a week if I remember correctly, we should do something like this now.

Yuzu might not necessarily need this, but it's a kind way of supporting him. Plus, it might give us a respite from all the emotional turmoil. By saying this, I don't want to sound insensitive, most of us are in the same boat - emotionally. We might not want to go through social media at the moment because all of the memories that are being shared,  we might want to stay off the internet because we want to process the news on our own - whatever the reason may be, I think we should still try and make the online support-message happen soon.

Not only will it help encourage Yuzu and convince him (maybe not the right word) that we are still here for him, but it could also help all of us as a community to make a step towards a more happier perspective.

Reveal hidden contents

What I say doesn't mean that I'm trying to force people out of the "mourning" phase, but it might be a nice stepping stone towards "healing", if I can call it that.

Sorry for the long post. I hope I conveyed my message in a way that doesn't offend anyone and if it does, I'm truly sorry, that was not my intention at all.

Edit: Completely unrelated to what I wrote - I have now the rank of 4Lo and having reached that before Yuzu announced his switch to pro athlete made me extremely happy - is my 3rd favourite Yuzu jump (3A, 4Lz, 3Lo) - so it might be totally insignificant, but it made me truly emotional and, frankly, I don't really want to get another rank. But I will continue posting and being active around here, so that's not possible, haha

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You put into words what I’ve been feeling, that I’ll miss Yuzu till we see him again as the Pro Athlete. Though this one is entirely different, it feels similar in the same way after Beijing and the mood suddenly shifted once it was confirmed he was going to perform in FaOI. It’s unfair to make Yuzu in charge of our emotions and emotions will rise again when we grt proper translations of all his interviews but I know that once the overall mood of our fandom settles down, it’ll be easier to move on and find acceptance and cherish his competitive days. After all life goes on and I’m sure the days that I used to anticipate and watch his comps will be filled with other memories too. I do plan to take a break from social media too for my sake. Yuzu is promoting self-love, we should do that for ourselves too. 

Yuzu is so positive and forward-looking because he has so many plans in mind, so many things he’s preparing for and it’s so lovely that with those plans, he still considers his fanbase. Here’s to hoping that he shares those plans with us soon enough and that we won’t stay sad for long. 

13 minutes ago, Wintek said:

The "retirement" discourse that came up from the language barrier was really annoying me after seeing Yuzu so carefully choosing his words to convey his RESOLUTION, to highlight that this is a new stage where he will continue challenging himself and he wants us to be excited. He also made a huge point to differentiate between pro-skater (taking it easy, or dedicating pro career to mostly artistry) and pro-athlete for a reason. So, I started collecting the different threads available on Twitter with translation of different interviews. I keep adding to the thread when I find something new. So, this could be if not your one stop to really get into what Yuzu really wanted to share with us, at least a good place to start. Within the thread, I HIGHLY recommend watching the videos of the interview of Yuzu with Shuzo-san and reading Tsukiyomi's translaiton of Yuzu's interview with Sport Hochi.
for those on Twitter, and if you feel like it, I would really appreciate if you can help me spread these translations as there are many fans that are missing relevant information to understand Yuzu's motivation, the physical and emotional struggles, his huge commitment to fans, his intentions and plans, and what he expect from us. iIunderstand the anxiety for not knowing when we will see him on the ice again, but we will need to be patients. He has something in the making but knowing how speculations work, he won't tell us until the details are clearer. For now, let's deal with the wave of emotions, lets accept our longing, but let's also embrace hope. It's Yuzu, king of setting up goals and realizing them who is asking us to stay with him and being excited about this new stage. He wants to show us what he can do now and how much he can improve!

https://twitter.com/pep_on_/status/1550143449558499328?s=20&t=9RgZxDRWm74NWRDXO4bN4w

Do we have full translation of his press conference and interviews on the planet yet? If no, maybe I should work on it. Thanks to Chinese fanyus' translation of full transcript, I learned what he wants to convey really fast and his resolutions really made me very happy. I was so happy that I can't hide my smiles walking on the street since the Independence Day.

7 minutes ago, JanMary said:

Do we have full translation of his press conference and interviews on the planet yet? If no, maybe I should work on it. Thanks to Chinese fanyus' translation of full transcript, I learned what he wants to convey really fast and his resolutions really made me very happy. I was so happy that I can't hide my smiles walking on the street since the Independence Day.

Axel with Wings will probably translate the Press Conference and perhaps the Interview with Shuzo-san? But that will probably take some time. There are some videos with English subs of Yuzu's opening remarks for the press conference posted by @sarah_sohma on Twitter. And Tsukiyominoasa shared written translation (it's quite good).

I started compiling written English translation and subbed videos on this folder. This is my little treasure, so please treat it carefully. I really want everyone to find happiness in Yuzu's words and plans for the future:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18qocBihezkQVKWqm4pVREuc7OsBrw2Gx?usp=sharing

Hello Darling Satellites

Just a few thoughts, please ignore if they are too wildly speculative, but they might give you a smile at least and see us through until there is firm news about what Yuzu will do next

COVID put a stop to many shows including some collaborations, so there are still some unfinished projects

Yuzu was due to perform with Il Volo, the performances had been scheduled for tour in Japan and China?

Toshl is keen to have another collaboration with Yuzu, he has published this on several instances on Twitter and other platforms

Palavela  put on ice show exhibitions, they are putting on an exhibition about the painter Klimt this December just before GPF. Clearly they have both the facilities and willingness to host exhibition performances/ shows. There will be other venues which can host similar

Organisers of shows will undoubtedly be extending invitations to Yuzu from now until the end of time

So many opportunities for Yuzu as well as headlining a show that is his own brand

If he appears in Holiday on Ice in the UK, the box office will need to employ new staff and have an upgraded telecoms system to cope - just light hearted thinking, not going to happen or will it? Yuzu would be a good Prince Charming or other leading man

41 minutes ago, JanMary said:

Axel with Wings will translate the press-con and, from I understood, the marathon interviews, too. It's going to take a while. It took about a month and a half for them to translate everything from Beijing, so I expect for them to take also about a month until they finish translating and subbing the presscon plus the interviews.

Guest Mary_kyo

I don't know if these were tears of happiness or sadness or both but I wish for utter happiness flowery path from now on.