General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing my thoughts on what yuzu might be planning. I can’t imagine he would be satisfied with just the traditional style ice shows. He wants the thrill of competition. 

this sounds really fun now I wanna see it happening :dpooh:

53 minutes ago, Nightingale said:

Still can't help crying.  :YuzuPoohSad:

When can we see Yuzu skating again

Me too 😭, but hopefully he will skate in Japanese TV Show 24h in August, like he did last year. That White Legend was one of the most beautiful programs I have ever seen.

Life goes on and Yuzuru will take figure skating to new heights. I am especially looking forward him to make ice shows even more interesting and when he is raising the bar,  other skaters will have to do the same. I hope and pray there will be a World Tour at some point. There must be an army of fans, me included, who has not had a priviledge of seeing him skating live, so welcome to Europe Yuzuru & comp. ❣️

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

So cute.

You can translate the caption on IG. 

[NEWS]

OMG, I was about to share this, as a LatAm fan I’m beaming!! 

“When we commented with / to Yuzu about the enormous quantity of fans he has in Latin America  and the community of (figure) skaters that grow every day in our region, he got really surprised and didn’t hesitate in thanking them sending some words of motivation. 
Today, with the recent news of his retirement from the competitive world, we want to share this special message and also demonstrate our support to his decision.

Thank you Yuzuru for all that you have done for our sport, for bringing it to new limits and for continuing being an inspiration and motivation for all.

We wish you the best in this new phase / era as a professional skater, it is an honor to share the ice with you. 
We are sure we will continue to see you shine and amazing us with your actions / performances! 
You are a legend!”

11 hours ago, Anni said:

Yuzu appears at the end of the Sekkisei voice message :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

Now we have to wait for the translation.

After all of the tears shed, perhaps our Beauty blogger will be kind enough to give beauty tips on how to reduce puffy eyes and redness, although if the tip is to apply ice from the rink, maybe give it a pass. To be fair Ice chan does bring out the beauty in Yuzu

It's going to take a while before I gather my thoughts to express my homage to that seminal human being, Yuzuru Hanyu.  Right now, though, I have some thoughts about his immediate career choice - ice shows.  There seems to be a consensus emerging that Yuzu will not hire himself out to those ice shows already existent.  Rather, he will go it alone and produce shows over which he can exert full artistic control.  Will he get the financial support to do so?  You have to be kidding.  He is the greatest draw in the history of figure skating.  The money will be there as also will be the skaters.  Indeed, because Yuzu's at the helm, his figure skating shows will be able to tour internationally because it doesn't matter where he goes sellouts will be guaranteed.  I can see, in fact, that Yuzu's company could become something similar to Cirque du Soleil, a place where retired skaters (retired gymnasts in Cirque) go to develop their skills beyond what was required to rack up the points in competition.  More importantly his shows will probably also be instrumental in making figure skating popular beyond the bounds of the traditional skating countries.  All in all, Yuzu is well-placed to place his stamp on ice shows just in the way he has made his stamp on the stuff that makes ice shows - figure-skating.

50 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I love the inference here…..

"pursue skating at a higher level as a professional"

Just shows that the ISU was getting too small for him, how stagnated the sport has been for the past 15 years. He has been growing at a quicker pace than what they could keep up with, the federation as well as other skaters who made the decision to neglect artistry and instead focused on the athletic side of it.

8 minutes ago, micaelis said:

It's going to take a while before I gather my thoughts to express my homage to that seminal human being, Yuzuru Hanyu.  Right now, though, I have some thoughts about his immediate career choice - ice shows.  There seems to be a consensus emerging that Yuzu will not hire himself out to those ice shows already existent.  Rather, he will go it alone and produce shows over which he can exert full artistic control.  Will he get the financial support to do so?  You have to be kidding.  He is the greatest draw in the history of figure skating.  The money will be there as also will be the skaters.  Indeed, because Yuzu's at the helm, his figure skating shows will be able to tour internationally because it doesn't matter where he goes sellouts will be guaranteed.  I can see, in fact, that Yuzu's company could become something similar to Cirque du Soleil, a place where retired skaters (retired gymnasts in Cirque) go to develop their skills beyond what was required to rack up the points in competition.  More importantly his shows will probably also be instrumental in making figure skating popular beyond the bounds of the traditional skating countries.  All in all, Yuzu is well-placed to place his stamp on ice shows just in the way he has made his stamp on the stuff that makes ice shows - figure-skating.

CiONTU was Yuzu's show in every way and received financial backing from Yuzu's sponsors post Pyeong Chang. It was very well received and the combination of Yuzu skating his well loved past programmes, with the gorgeous costumes and the Yuzu talk show was a huge success. Yuzu will no doubt dedicate time and effort into creating a wonderful ice show that will be enormously popular with his global fanbase. 

12 minutes ago, micaelis said:

This.

I was having the exact same thoughts last night, in fact. As cringy as ice shows can be, we all secretly live for the embarrassing moments in them but they can't remain like that forever. 

I imagine his production being all about skaters challenging their own abilities and not just sticking to the usual skating programs. Something like Nobu's "Kinky Boots" at FoI is a good example. It was quirky, it was fun, it was great acting on his side. Now add something else to it (I'll leave it to Yuzu's imagination because mine is burned after the heatwave we had) to make it even more unique.

6 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

"pursue skating at a higher level as a professional"

Just shows that the ISU was getting too small for him, how stagnated the sport has been for the past 15 years. He has been growing at a quicker pace than what they could keep up with, the federation as well as other skaters who made the decision to neglect artistry and instead focused on the athletic side of it.

I concur, Yuzu and his skating should no longer be constrained by the parochial confines that this jump fest has become. Yuzu can pursue his ideal form of skating without the scoring tyranny holding him back from how he wants to skate and evolve his version of FS

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

I love the inference here…..

:offtopic2:Thinking of pursuing something at a higher level. Theatre royal will be hosting a tribute to Nureyev in September ( I recall that you admire his dancing ) I saw RN at the Coliseum in 1976 performance was Sleeping Beauty, still have the programme

Like Nureyev Yuzu strives to be the very best version of himself.