General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Selfish post ahead:

Hide contents

Man am I glad I didn't panic-buy SCI tickets lol. 

I'd be fuming. I kinda didn't want to spend that money lmao, i didn't want to give any more money to ISU

Agreed, I will never spend any money on any ISU event from now on. I want Yuzu's endeavours to be an enormous success so I'll spend my money on Yuzu projects only

8 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Yuzu's ice shows will be a whole new genre, like CiONTU. Yes there will be fun group numbers but I also don't think that we have seen the last of gorgeous, elegant, sophisticated solo programmes for Yuzu to showcase what he does best. There will be new creations featuring thrilling elements including jumps, maybe even Nessie and favourites to be revisited and perfected. As for costuming, these competition programmes won't be the last Satomi Ito designs that we see Yuzu clad in.

It won't be the same as a competition, but Yuzu wants a different skating life. I think that it will be a fantastic new journey to go on with Yuzu. I'm going to try to see the shows, somehow I will manage this. Best of all we will go and see him as a group, together. I believe this

I've missed out, due to family and work commitments in the past, I regret that. Of course like everyone else, hoping for just one more season, and especially as Europe is so accessible for me at least. I thought I might have a few chances to fight for tickets. I was prepared to pay for Premium, Platinum and VIP, even had hotels and Turin flight booked and bought Poohs.

I also feel we have lots to look forward too and it's exciting, and we can make it happen that we will see him at a show - but like @DancingFeather says there are definite losses - I'd forgotten about practices - 35 mins of Yuzuru - remember Di sole e d'azzurro cool down  in Turin? Divine...

Sorry my vids not great but I still love it...

I fell out of posting on boards due to... a lot of things, but I heard the news and simply have to say I am sorry for me but oh so glad that he is doing this for his own sake , his own reasons, he is clearly happy with the decision (happier than it seems he has been on ice for a while, which hurts) and looking forward to wondrous things.

Wondrous things that his fans in Japan and the world will get to share.

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

How about doing three parts: from first senior season to Sochi, from Sochi to PC and from PC to Beijing?

Not at all a bad idea!

Right now is the middle of the night for me and I have a couple of busy days coming, but on Friday/Saturday I will make a more detailed post and see if there are people who are willing to participate and also if anyone can help with organizing the thing.

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

He should come here and participate now that he's free :puddingpooh:.

He won't find antis here 👀

How do you know he hasn't been lurking around here already? :10814716:

I really hope Yuzu will do world tours. I'm sure there is enough demand on all continents. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

Yesterday, I joked about Yuzu announcing that he's retiring from all competitions organized by the ISU and will only skate in comps organized by the newly founded YSU. In a way, that's what will happen now. There won't be actual competitions, but Yuzu breaking away from the ISU and their version of figure skating (aka ice jumping) and choosing to stick to his own vision of figure skating, his Yuzuru Hanyu figure skating, is basically him founding his own skating union in a symbolic way.

I look forward to Yuzu selling all the ice show tickets, getting huge numbers of live stream viewers, getting all the media attention, getting the best sponsorship and endorsement deals, and getting love from the most fans. Most of all, I look forward to seeing him happy, healthy, and free and showing us his best skating. :cheer:

1 hour ago, DancingFeather said:

Just a personal piece of processing, feel free to skip it. (@Pammi: I wrote this before reading your last post  - many similar thoughts about GPF 2019...)

I'm miserable. I'm in a hotel room and had to go get tissues in the car that were meant to last the entire vacation. But after three hours of continuous crying while reading the chat, I've never seen my eyes so puffy.

Thank you to everyone who posted their thoughts along with the news over the past 24 hours. Thank you so much for the virtual hand-holds and hugs. :grouphug: I admire those who are already so positive and relieved with the new fact. After a while, I think I can share your views.

Right now, I'm lost. I will cancel my hotel in Turin tomorrow. It should have been the crowning glory of a special year for me. Will I never meet other satellites in an arena now? What will I do with the Winnie the Pooh that was sent to Stockholm and back by parcel post? And the other, small one that traveled with me through Paris, wasn't I going to hang it on my bag when I made my pilgrimage back to Palavela? Did I witness the greatest Pooh rain of all time, yet without throwing one on the ice myself? GPF 2019, my once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Yuzuru. The 4Lutz, the glitter of Origin 2.0, Swanyu's Biellmann, the spins with the gold ribbon... And now? No more costume from Satomi for Yuzuru's beautiful body lines?  
The mottos on the UA collar, the cool down routines, the tweets with minutes during the OP.... Can we consider runthrough Otoñal at Skate Canada 2019 as the 20th world record?

When he spoke in some interviews of nervousness that was not visible to him before and during the skate.... Instead, we felt only those of the audience, who held their breath, clasped their hands, screamed. And now we are never to experience LMEY with audience screaming? No Rondo world record?

It's all been said - the getting up in the middle of the night, the battle for tickets, the unhealthily high blood pressure level for two and a half / four minutes, the anger over unfair scoring.... Thanks to everyone here who did and felt the same and confirmed to me that we were allowed to accompany a phenomenon of the century!
I'm sorry, Yuzuru, but I can't help the sadness, even if you made the right decision. I admire you once again for the way you stood in front of the media and the world and found the right words.

At the very beginning, when I started reading in this community, I stumbled upon the sentence "Life as a fanyu is a roller coaster". I thought it was funny and very soon realized how true that statement was. To this day I have not ridden a roller coaster, somehow I never needed that adrenaline rush. I know it's not the end, but it feels like the roller coaster ride with Yuzuru has come to a stop and I've landed on the hard ground. I think, from this day on, I will never ever do a roller coaster ride in real life. It's nothing compared to all the emotions I owe Yuzuru through the last three and a half years.

I love you, Yuzuru. Miss you so much. And - sorry - thank you from the bottem of my heart.

I feel you. I’ve been questioning myself yesterday before I went to bed why I was feeling sad when I should be breathing a sigh of relief because finally he’s free. It’s been heartbreaking to watch him be disappointed over and over again with his scores during the last quad so this should come as a relief that he no longer has to be pressured by that and I think he made that decision because it no longer gives him joy. 

But I also question why I’m sad. Is it the Pooh rain, seeing him during practices in his UA clothes, being emotional during his gala Ex? The lip singing? What is it exactly?  I thought it seemed shallow to be crying over those things but it’s exactly those things and more of his qualities besides his wonderful skating that made people love him and we may or may not see that anymore. I grieve for that and we are all allowed to feel sad about it. At the same time I am excited at the prospect of seeing more from him, something that we have never seen before and the constant reassurance that he will still be around is enough to keep me on my toes. I hope we all feel better soon 💕

43 minutes ago, shina07 said:

I feel you. I’ve been questioning myself yesterday before I went to bed why I was feeling sad when I should be breathing a sigh of relief because finally he’s free. It’s been heartbreaking to watch him be disappointed over and over again with his scores during the last quad so this should come as a relief that he no longer has to be pressured by that and I think he made that decision because it no longer gives him joy. 

But I also question why I’m sad. Is it the Pooh rain, seeing him during practices in his UA clothes, being emotional during his gala Ex? The lip singing? What is it exactly?  I thought it seemed shallow to be crying over those things but it’s exactly those things and more of his qualities besides his wonderful skating that made people love him and we may or may not see that anymore. I grieve for that and we are all allowed to feel sad about it. At the same time I am excited at the prospect of seeing more from him, something that we have never seen before and the constant reassurance that he will still be around is enough to keep me on my toes. I hope we all feel better soon 💕

I think all of us feel somewhat bittersweet. 

Parting is bittersweet with anything. I feel like the way when I knew the Harry Potter films were over. It feels not just like a Figure Skater retired, but feels like the end of an Era. When Harry Potter films ended, many fans had withdrawal symptoms because they knew there was no HP film to look forward to even though they could see the trio in other films. I feel the same way about Yuzu. I know I can see him skate, but it still feels like the end of an Era. He was a huge part of pop culture in Tumblr and YouTube during 2010 ~ 2020. He really was an icon of his generation, not just in figure skating, but pop culture wise. 

I was looking at my Yuzu files and found the pictures of Yuzu wearing his Under Armour practice clothes with his own quotes.

“Get even stronger”

“For further evolution”

“Challenge the unknown”

“Beyond the light”

“Believe in all and always be myself”

“You’ve made it this far, be proud.. your path lay in all 360 degrees”

“Everything continues to..”

He lived true to these and continues to live by it 

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

Agreed, I will never spend any money on any ISU event from now on. I want Yuzu's endeavours to be an enormous success so I'll spend my money on Yuzu projects only

Same here! As I see all this, Yuzu has fired ISU :agree: