General Yuzuru Chat

So right now all that's in my mind is 'if Yuzu's turning pro, does that mean we'll see more of him, or less?'

On the one hand, ice shows are more frequent than competitions. On the other, he might not ever leave Japan again...he could probably build  a career just on ice shows there!

In any case, good luck and ganbatte,  Yuzuru sweetie. It was an immense privilege to see you compete 3 times. God willing, we will all get a chance to watch you skate in person again.

Now, what do I do with these SkAm and SCI tickets...

Just cancelled the hotel reservations which I'd made for the comps. My Darling Hubby had paid for the Torino hotel ( nice one as well ) as a birthday present.

Seems really final now saying goodbye to competitor Yuzu

Logically for Yuzu it is a happy announcement about going to do fantastic projects, which I hope we will all have the opportunity to enjoy alongside him with a great deal of delight and less of the worry. Still it is the closing of a chapter on an illustrious career and I'm irrationally choked up about that.

Looking forward to Yuzu's new endeavours and new adventures.

As the great man said himself "Why am I crying?"

I feel emotional but not exactly sad. He is retiring by choice and he looks content about it. I'm lucky to have the chance to witness his journey in the past 4 years.

He will be missed from competitions, but personally I prefer shows than competitions. Looking at CWW, it's obvious that Yuzu can become a great show producer. I'm excited to know what he has in store for us. Breaking out from ISU rules is certainly a good thing and Yuzu's creativity is no longer bounded. From the conference, we'll be seeing him in skates regularly too.:loveshower:

I'm still bursting into tears from time to time - it's a roller coaster of mixed emotions. I was looking forward to seeing him skate in Torino, so I am sad about not being able to do that. On the other hand, I'm happy and excited that he goes on into his pro skater career with no regrets and content. 

I wish I could've experienced more than just Beijing. I wish I could've experienced the reveal of his programs through media day, I wish I could have witnesses the reveal of his costumes at ACI, I wish I could have seen him podium live. These are my regrets for not trying harder during the 2018 PyeongChang to find a stream for the Men's SP & FS - I would've discovered him then alas... life got in the way.

I'm happy I got to experience his last FaOI as an amateur skater, I'm glad I saw him reveal two new programs. And I'm so happy I found this community.

I will continue supporting him and I will go on to find any available stream that will show his future performances be it in ice shows or whatever other environment.

someone said that "i wish i had found him sooner" and i can't help but agree

i think the first time i saw yuzuru hanyu perform was during the hope/legacy era, but i didn't truly get involved with following him until during the 2018 olys. i wish i had been witness to the triumph of pre olympics seimei, etc. 

2 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

I'm still bursting into tears from time to time - it's a roller coaster of mixed emotions. I was looking forward to seeing him skate in Torino, so I am sad about not being able to do that. On the other hand, I'm happy and excited that he goes on into his pro skater career with no regrets and content. 

I wish I could've experienced more than just Beijing. I wish I could've experienced the reveal of his programs through media day, I wish I could have witnesses the reveal of his costumes at ACI, I wish I could've have seen him podium live. These are my regrets for not trying harder during the 2018 PyeongChang to find a stream for the Men's SP & FS - I would've discovered him then alas... life got in the way.

I'm happy I got to experience his last FaOI as an amateur skater, I'm glad I saw him reveal two new programs. And I'm so happy I found this community.

I will continue supporting him and I will go on to find any available stream that will show his future performances be it in ice shows or whatever other environment.

Feeling the same

It is most likely for the best. However, like you I agree it would have been immensely satisfying to see Yuzu bow out in front of a packed arena, Pooh blizzard and a ratified 4A and say farewell from the rarified peak of the podium