General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Yuzupu said:

I'm excited for this new chapter of Hanyu Yuzuru but right now my heart is breaking.

I've never got to watch him competing. I've never thrown Pooh for him. And I really don't want Beijing to be his last comp. I'll be fine, but right now I'm crying a little bit.

Yeah...it's a pity that that spectacle and bs of the judging and atmosphere of Beijing was his last comp experience. 

He said he's not going to miss the adrenalin boost of the competition but his new "stage" will be just as nerve wrecking for him as well as for the audience...oh boy, buckle up everyone. This roller-coaster is not going to end but going to the new course that no other athletes has ever gone before!! EXCITING course change!!

I wasn't expecting it either, but like I imagine everyone else here, I'm happy for him that he's made the best decision for himself. And of course, I will always be eagerly anticipating what he does next. Will give myself a day to let myself be sad and angry (not at him) and then try to let it all go and look forward, and appreciate all we've had until now.
Hope everyone here takes care of themselves and lets themselves feel what they need to, we all process differently so don't feel bad and know that you're not alone in your emotions, no matter what they are. :grouphug2:

EDIT: Also, one of my first thoughts was of his run throughs on that Beijing practice rink. That, to me, even at the time... It felt like a closure of some sort (not that I was imagining it would be like this... I was just thinking that it was a nice way to wrap up some ambiguous chapter of his career...). I'm glad he got to have that.

He's giving ISU an ultimatum finally. He is not going to care about ISU rule change any more as that will have nothing to do with his ideal skating, Hanyu Yuzuru's skating. At last my boy, ISU can drop and dxx as far as I'm concerned :D

Fly Yuzuru and be really fulfilled and happy

I cannot quite believe but whilst I am sad that I won't see him in comp and I'm sad that he finished skating in comps with Beijing and no Pooh rain and hardly any fans to give standing ovations. The 4A cannot be ratified outside of ISU competition which is a shame

It has been a privilege to watch Yuzu skate and a delight to follow his amateur career. Truly hoping for ice shows that can be accessed for non Japanese residents

At least ISU will be missing the income stream.

Positive things I'm taking away here:

1) ISU's income from comps will now decrease drastically (lol at you, you fools).

2) I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more from Yuzu from now one since he will not be focusing 95% of his time on training.

3) He will be free as a bird to do the type of skating he has always imagined without limitations, only his own.

4) My boy is going to be a proper businessman now. I don't know why, but the image of him networking and brainstorming with other people to plan things makes me giddy.

Now the only thing missing are social media accounts to see content about what he has planned. Yuzu, pretty please? :8788161:

2 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

Positive things I'm taking away here:

1) ISU's income from comps will now decrease drastically (lol at you, you fools).

2) I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot more from Yuzu from now one since he will not be focusing 95% of his time on training.

3) He will be free as a bird to do the type of skating he has always imagined without limitations, only his own.

4) My boy is going to be a proper businessman now. I don't know why, but the image of him networking and brainstorming with other people to plan things makes me giddy.

Now the only thing missing are social media accounts to see content about what he has planned. Yuzu, pretty please? :8788161:

add another positive thing:

JSF will have funding difficulties! muahahah. 

5 minutes ago, YuDai said:

This actually concerns me. If ISU goes bankrupt, there will be no international competitions.

True, but that's a wake up call for them to change things. They have been relying too much on the money Yuzu brought in and only focused on promoting their favourite ones. They need better marketing and PR, and that is on them.

4 minutes ago, yumeaki said:

add another positive thing:

JSF will have funding difficulties! muahahah. 

Now this is what worries me a bit on the other hand. Little funding means less support for the skaters and I don't want to see them struggling more than they already are.