General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

Can anyone get this article from Eurosport? I am blocked due to my geoblock.

0zp3uhX.jpg

Under spoiler because its not very good....

Spoiler
BY
PUBLISHED 18/07/2022 AT 11:10 GMT+1
Two-time world champion Yuzuru Hanyu has called a press conference to make a “major announcement”, according to his management company.
Kyodo News has reported that Hanyu will speak to the media at 5pm in Tokyo, with rumours circulating that the 27-year-old could retire from competitive figure skating following a series of injuries on the ice.
Hanyu is one of the biggest names in figure skating after amassing two Olympic gold medals and four Grand Prix Finals in a stellar career.
He is also a 2020 Four Continents champion and a six-time national champion, but the end could be nigh for one of Japan’s brightest stars.
Hanyu endured a frustrating time at the Beijing Olympics following an unsuccessful three-peat bid, as he sprained his right ankle and finished fourth.
At the time, he said: “It doesn't matter what field it will be. It could be an ice show or a competition."
Due to his success in the rink, Hanyu has provided plenty of inspiration to those from Sendai in Japan’s north-eastern Tohoku region.
He has inspired the victims of the 2011 earthquake and tsunami with his victory at the 2014 Sochi Games.
13 minutes ago, EisElle said:

we're gonna have a dedicate thread for the presscon or just posting everything here?

they'll better offer a livestreaming of the whole thing, agonizing waiting for tweets is a lot worse than wathcing (even with the caveat of not understanding one word. At least I can busy myself looking at Zuzu's expression)

the calmer part of my brain has been on and off throught the day, but trying to stay positive whatever will come! (*inserts ! to look more upbeat than she really feels* LMAOOO)

great choice! I'm not that strong, but I take it as a good thing that the unfamous article hasn't actually landed on my TL, only the reaction to it (took the chance to block those scums. Should have done it after the Beijing supposed DT mess)

I'm actually tearing up a bit at this.

At a media being respectful.

It should be a given, but we've seen that, for some outlets, even this is too much of a tall order.

Anyway, grateful to see that not all media chose to be scums in the name of clicks

I mean, news about r. aren't necessarily "negative":tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

but ngl, once I had gotten into the post-FaOI mindset of "another comp season yay!" it's kinda hard to backtrack, no matter how much I still hate the idea of ISU making money out of Yuzu and competition probably meaning more scoring s*itshow at his expeses... no matter how the thought of Zu giving all of them an unexpected middle finger pleases me (a lot)

I've thought it over.

In part it's because I wish Yuzuru's last comp to be one with audience cheering loudly every single moment of his performance.... which is what he couldn't have in the past 2 years, because no matter the half-capacity in Jpn comps (claps only), or Beijing sparse attendees supplying the numers with enthusiasm, a full house allowed to scream their lungs out still hits different. I want Yuzu to feel that thrill, to be carried by it:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

And another part is because after r. things will change, in terms of our own routine, not only Yuzuru's.

The expected schedule of his appearance, the place, the how... all of those had settled through the years into some kind of a familiar, comforting routine (even with all the pandemic &injuries disruptions we got lately, one more reason why I wished for one normal season before seeing him go start a new journey). We'll -- I'll -- need to reframe this kind of expectations. Though, maybe, if Yuzuru were to do more shows, we might even end seeing him more then these past few seasons...  So, if he is really r., I hope he's also gonna give us a hint about a CiONTU 2.0 (possibly world tour, so int fans have actual chance to watch him live) so we won't spend months wondering and waiting:snonegai: Zuzu please have mercy on us and water us sometimes!

LOL, these kinds of thoughts are how I'm barganing.

Still, I really am confuses, As far as we know, Yuzuru had been already thinking about the presscon around - or shortly after - the July the 1st JSF announcement already. Last FaOI stop was on June 26th. Even with the unpredictable tragic fact on July 8th, I'm curious about the reason why this presscon is happening now (had it been called in August, I would have easily believed it was media day, but...it's July. And we still don't have GP assignments even, to give us clues:shame:)

yeah, I'm confused too, because to me some things just don't add up.

But maybe they'll make sense after Zuzu will tell us. No matter how much I think I get him, he's still able to surprise me (and then, in hindsight, I'd realize he had actually been dropping hints all along)

well, I guess we'll know everything in a few hours(but now gotta go to sleep):bed:

I highly agree on " I want Yuzu to feel that thrill, to be carried by it:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:". I honestly could accept anything he say, including the retirement, but if there is any reason I really hope he to stay for at least one more intl competition, that's because he deserve a standing oval and a rink full of pooh and his flag and claps and screaming T T 

26 minutes ago, Yuzu_GOAT said:

How long til the conference?

5pm Japan time = 7.5 hours from now.

Edit: Nope. It's a bit less than 8.5 hours from now. 4am Eastern Standard Time. 10am in Europe.

Good night, y'all. It's my bed time, so when I wake up there will probably be a gazillion pages about his announcement. While I sleep, I hope the rest of you don't suffer too much in the waiting. I just hope, whatever he announces, he is happy and content with what he's decided. 

1 hour ago, YuDai said:

Japan Times is saying the same thing...I guess they all have the same source. Disgusting.

I'm going to be incredibly annoyed if these sources are true and they just robbed Yuzu of the chance to announce things on his own terms. He always has things taken from him - judging, privacy, and now potentially a massive, life-changing decision. 

Everyone, Nikkan Sports is known to report false news on Yuzu multiple prior to this, So WHY THE HELL ARE WE ALL TAKING THIS ONE NEWS FROM THEM AS SOMETHING TRUE???

WHAT THE HELL :fire:

For all we know this could be yet another falsehood on YH spread by them?

If we haven't trusted them on Yuzu before, WHY THE HECK WE START TO DO SO NOW???

I repeat...

DO NOT FRACKING TRUST NIKKAN SPORTS!!!

(Especially not on anything related to YH!)

Editing the whole post, because Lae posted possible livestreams in one post. Disclaimer: we will see if they are showing the press conference only when the time comes. All of these are working without VPN.

Once again editing with qq-stream

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

I really don't think Yuzu is going to retire, because he hasn't said anything that indicates retirement. He has talked about continuing, not quitting. He would have retired before the cutoff if his Olympic injury was career ending, because the ISU deadline for announcing retirement has just recently passed. I think it is more likely that he is leaving his Canada team for good, and he wants to leave on a positive note, without gossip or speculation about problems. He will be positive and grateful. Perhaps he will go alone, or he may team up with someone new; perhaps even Stephane. They seemed really close at the ice show, and shared a special hug at the end. Or, he may even be announcing a new series of Yuzu produced ice shows. I just don't think he is retiring. Sleep well, my fellow Fanyus. You might as well hope for the best outcome instead of worrying about the worst outcome.

True or not, I'm so mad at Nxxxxx. It's like a slap in the face. Yuzu decided to hold the press con to announce whatever decision he has made, in his own words, but it is ruined now.

I hope Nxxxxx is banned from the press con. They don't need it, do they? They can write articles without Yuzu's words anyway. :mad:

For all you sleepless Fanyus, let me give you the advice my OB/GYN doctor gave me. Have a glass of wine. Really. Do not let your blood pressure rise over things you cannot control. I care very much for the people on this chat, and I hate to see the level of anxiety here. It isn't good for your health, and Yuzu wouldn't want us to be upset. No matter what happens, we will always have Yuzu in our hearts. No one can take that from us.