General Yuzuru Chat

Yuzu at his press conference tomorrow: "With immediate effect, I herewith retire from participating in any competitions... organized by the ISU... From now on, I shall only participate in competitions organized by the newly founded YSU, the Yuzuru Skating Union. Hehehe." :muahaha:

I'm putting in this post every positive thing that we know so far (or at least, all the positive things that I remember)

8 hours ago, LiaRy said:

Alright, here are some positive takes on why we should expect good news tomorrow:

1. Yuzu did say himself that he was happy, in the end, with Beijing - he's glad that he participated and that he performed to his best of his ability at the time

2. FaOI interviews were all on positive notes - determined, fired up, giving his 150%, still wanting to go for the 4A, trying out new style and things (such as dancing)

3. Beijing was a tough, weird (to say the least) competition - I highly doubt Yuzu will go out with that as his last competition, even if it was the Olympics

4. Remember FaOI OPs from all stops? Remember that raised fist at the end of each OPs' end? Remember how at the very last stop, in Shizuoka, on day 3, Yuzu FINALLY raised his pointer? That also makes me think he's not done yet.

These are just 4 positive things that came to mind when I broadened my perspective. Tomorrow's presscon might be something unusual as I understood he doesn't normally do presscons before the start of the season. Unusual doesn't always mean bad.

Yuzu is also a very considerate person. He wouldn't lead JSF on to then let them know he changed his mind. JSF might not be the good guys, but they would not publish something and CONFIRM they have had contact with Yuzu just for kicks because it would come and bite them in the a**. 

Yuzu has been beaming with happiness during FaOI, there were no questions about his future plans, completely understandable since he wanted to enjoy the time there.

Now, it's a presscon because we haven't heard from him at all. So what if he hasn't held one in previous seasons? Let me remind you that the last presscon at Beijing was because there were a lot of people wanting to interview him. He said back then he'd make a decision with a clear head.

Considering that he never gave ANY indication he's done, there's no need to believe the newspaper rumours. It's unfair to him and it puts unnecessary stress on you as people.

Yuzu wants to land the quad Axel in front of everyone:

1. Ice shows lighting is horrible, any kind of quad is dangerous, Yuzu knows that

2. Ice show rinks are small compared to competition ones. Considering the height and length a 4A requires, show rinks ARE NOT suitable at all. Yuzu wouldn't risk it like that.

3. Everyone won't see him in ice shows. Everyone will see him in person and on TV and who knows where else during COMPETITIONS.

Also, Yuzu talked about wanting to bring the 4A in front of everyone AFTER the ISU's joke of a conference.

EDIT: More stuff -> How does retiring after the chaos Beijing was work? Do you really see Yuzu retiring after an ill-luck Olympics? Do you genuinely believe that (one of) the greatest figure skater(s) of all time will retire after in his last competition he popped a 4S because of a HOLE IN THE ICE? Do you think he will retire after he tried on the biggest stage the 4A? Do you think he will retire after falling on a 4S? Do you think he will retire on ISU's terms? No.

And I will say it - if his ankle injury was severe enough to take him out of competition, he wouldn't have participated in ice shows with a terribly injured ankle. We know from him the ankle was healing slower, but we also know he does take care of himself and he knows his limits. He jumped 4Ts, 3As, 3Fs, 3Los in ice shows. He showed us 4T3A3T3A! WITHOUT HOPS IN BETWEEN! If that's not I'M AT MY BEST I don't know what that is!

Edit 2: There were apparently no presscons held after Sochi 2014 nor after PyeongChang 2018 seasons. BUT: During Sochi it wasn't needed - he was 19, top skaters rarely leave the competition scene at 19. After PyeongChang he announced he'll continue during Continues with Wings. In English even. If you search in PH's video archives, you'll find it. Now, after Beijing, he hasn't made a statement either. Since he hasn't talked at all about what he wants to do next and since his fame rose even more, I'm not surprised a presscon is in the works.

To cheer people up whilst we wait for the press con.

This is cute, Yuzu with giant Soohorang and Bandabi. 

Really big, just like the Cosplay Fan that fell on the ice at Skate Canada  ( just joking - it was a huge teddy bear Pooh )

The more I think of it less sense it makes. If the info was leaked by jsf, then how do they know about his future show plans. Otherwise it is someone from his team, even less likely.

Anyway his determination about 4A, axels in RF, being at his best now, wanting to perfect his skating, jsf confirming him for new season…how does it connect with what that article wants us to believe.

I think it is highly unlikely he will talk about retirement- he will remember Javier Fernandez’ last Euros and the judges reaction to his semi retirement.  When it happens I believe he will just do it - he gets the Hanyu downgrade anyway so he won’t give them any excuse to make it worse.

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I think it is highly unlikely he will talk about retirement- he will remember Javier Fernandez’ last Euros and the judges reaction to his semi retirement.  When it happens I believe he will just do it - he gets the Hanyu downgrade anyway so he won’t give them any excuse to make it worse.

I agree.... He should know how Fanyu will feel about a sudden retirement, after all those positive interviews during FaOI. Though regardless I support whatever decision he chose, I don't think the leaking info is that reliable.... 

28 minutes ago, LiaRy said:

MBS (Ch. 10 on Japan Standard TV) is broadcasting the conference live. Can anyone do a live stream?

It looks like that time allocation for the broadcast will cover about 5 different topics, one of which is Yuzu.  I am not sure if they will just show a portion of the press conf.  I have For Joy TV and it is on channel 004. I would live stream but I have no idea how to.