General Yuzuru Chat

Maybe Yuzu is setting up a skating school in Tohoku ( to rival Nagoya )

Someone mentioned:

If he was going to patent his AI/ motion capture tech, Yuzu would have done so prior to publishing the thesis. Most inventions are patented very early on in their inception in case of intellectual property cases in the future

Alright, here are some positive takes on why we should expect good news tomorrow:

1. Yuzu did say himself that he was happy, in the end, with Beijing - he's glad that he participated and that he performed to his best of his ability at the time

2. FaOI interviews were all on positive notes - determined, fired up, giving his 150%, still wanting to go for the 4A, trying out new style and things (such as dancing)

3. Beijing was a tough, weird (to say the least) competition - I highly doubt Yuzu will go out with that as his last competition, even if it was the Olympics

4. Remember FaOI OPs from all stops? Remember that raised fist at the end of each OPs' end? Remember how at the very last stop, in Shizuoka, on day 3, Yuzu FINALLY raised his pointer? That also makes me think he's not done yet.

These are just 4 positive things that came to mind when I broadened my perspective. Tomorrow's presscon might be something unusual as I understood he doesn't normally do presscons before the start of the season. Unusual doesn't always mean bad.

37 minutes ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Benim tahminim yarışmaya devam edecek ama Kanada'ya geri dönmeyecek. Bunu TCC'deki koçluk ekibine olan saygısından bir basın toplantısında duyurması gerekiyor.

I think so

3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I'm seeing way too many opinions - many convinced that he's retiring, an equal or maybe more opinions that he's continuing, a lot of people speculating about something having to do with official change of base - we are all speculating and giving each other anxiety through the roof. It's normal what we're doing, but we're also torturing ourselves.

I suggest a nice dose of Yuzu skating videos to calm us all down.

It's really a "comical" day today, no concentration on work and so many question marks in my head.:scratch3: Therefore I think your suggestion with the videos will certainly help something. The excitement will definitely rise sharply tomorrow before the press conference.:heavybreathing:

Here something Yuzutonin to distraction. :smiley-love017:

(changed, because wrong clip posted)

I agree with who's saying that Yuzu may be announcing that he won't be going back to Canada and he's ending his partnership with TCC and Brian and Tracy and Ghislain... probably because of the extended period of border closing that Japan's been going through, and also because long distance coaching might have become obsolete for Yuzu? I dunno, I'm smelling something like that.

I was panicked thinking about retirement for only a second, but I don't wanna think about that at all, nor I believe it is about that. I think Yuzuru might retire at 40 years old lol

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

@LiaRy

Maybe the dancing classes are for Yuzu's new career in J Pop:winky:

With his looks, his musicality, his reputation, if he decided to embrace J-pop he'd be an overnight superstar. (Not that he isn't already, but that's in figure-skating).

13 minutes ago, micaelis said:

With his looks, his musicality, his reputation, if he decided to embrace J-pop he'd be an overnight superstar. (Not that he isn't already, but that's in figure-skating).

Global domination Yuzu style, it would be amazing

It's astonishing that Yuzu has not graced more covers of magazines other than Aera and Anan.

The photos from the skating content sell and are reprinted and sell repeatedly, the publishing houses are on to a very good thing. Printing Yuzu photos aka printing money

It's been discussed how much suspense it is for fans desperately wanting to hear news about ISU assignments for Yuzu and other skaters, it must be making the skaters themselves very anxious indeed. At least one member of Team Japan has found an amusing way to deal with the wait.

The obvious deficiencies in the administrative organisation of the governing body is atrocious.