General Yuzuru Chat

42 minutes ago, Whoopiewoop said:

I just booked the 11th of November off from work just in case:8788161: Sheffield would be a dream right now, since I live 1 hour away

Will you go regardless of Yuzuru going? I might - I am also very near (live in NW England)

EDIT: depends on Covid, and who else is competing!

2 minutes ago, Pammi said:

Will you go regardless of Yuzuru going? I might - I am also very near (live in NW England)

EDIT: depends on Covid, and who is else competing!

Depends on the price of the tickets to be honest. I'd probably go for specific events depending on who is assigned but not the whole thing - the thought of driving through Peak district at night to get back home is scary though 😬

Well, if Sheffield has been moved on the ISU map from Yorkshire to Egypt, anything is possible in the land of make believe.

The GP event location must have been a leak. Not sure if I can go to Finland. Just hoping for Sheffield and GPFinal in Turin. 

Very fortunate European satellites if Yuzu goes to 3 European events.

Timezone wise, Yuzu could find a base in Europe, Finland possibly, 3h flight with minimal jet lag to UK. Skate at GP Sheffield, back to Helsinki. Skate at GP Helsinki, stay there until GP Final, fly to Turin 4h flight, no jet lag. Only problems, ice rink time, COVID and health insurance. Yuzu is sensible enough to manage suitable physical measures to reduce risk of contracting COVID, between ANA and Yuzu, they must be able to afford health insurance, this must be the case for any internationally competing athlete. There must be possibilities for Yuzu to find a suitable rink and avoid crazy travel schedule. Maybe he could appeal to Stephane and hang out in Champery whilst awaiting comps

7 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

Maybe he could appeal to Stephane and hang out in Champery whilst awaiting comps

Great suggestion, Yuzuru seems to be on very good terms with Stephane so this might actually happen (if he competes in the European GPs.)

Though I'm sure Finnish FS clubs would be more than happy to give him some ice time (:

27 minutes ago, Pammi said:

EDIT: depends on Covid, and who is else competing!

I'll probably go regardless as my Sister lives in Sheffield and I can pinch a bed!

This is just wild speculation on my part. Perhaps the two potential new GP hosts are only willing to host under the condition that the two-time Olympic champion will compete in their GPs? Could this be the reason why the announcements were erased again? Yuzu hasn't confirmed yet. :10814716:

I would love for Yuzu to compete in European GPs, since traveling outside of Europe would be almost impossible for me due to the high costs. But of course we don't even know yet if Yuzu will participate in GPs at all.

No matter what, I just hope Yuzu recovers fully, stays healthy and happy, and does whatever he feels is right for him regardless of external pressure. :smiley-angelic001:

15 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

@Whoopiewoop @Pammi

Will go to Sheffield if Yuzu competing. 

I live near London. 

Grew up outside Hull, skated couple of times at Ice Sheffield in my teens.

Oh I used to go skating as a teen there too.  Well more falling to be brutally honest! :agree2:  I come from Buxton so 45 min trip.

4 hours ago, Xiupia said:

Sharing an article I saw someone post on twitter, about Yuzu and fanyus and his unprecedented existence in the sport. 

Phrasing of the article might be a little too much, but the overall message appears to be positive. Thought it was interesting to see a western media outlet commenting about fanyus post-beijing and received the “ok” of some fellow satellites

3 hours ago, Pammi said:

Yes I'd say it is positive about Yuzuru - but still object a bit to "cult" and "obsessive" label! I am a Rafa Nadal fan, his "fandom" is enormous, people worship him (he is very like Yuzuru in terms of talent, success, personal attitudes, even good looks, courtesy to others, international appeal!, longevity EDIT - they even have a name like us - Rafans!) - I have never seen a Western article on his fans that call them a cult or obsessive, yet their behaviour is pretty much the same!!  I wonder if it's based somewhat in sexist thinking given we are predominantly women....

The article was written by Mansi Jain, a woman and a Fanyu.

“Mansi Jain is a US Sports author for EssentiallySports. She has a Bachelor's degree in Multimedia and Mass Communication from the University of Delhi and has also previously interned for HT Media. She is always one mention of Yuzuru Hanyu away from delivering an hour-long speech about the athlete's legacy.

8 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Oh I used to go skating as a teen there too.  Well more falling to be brutally honest! :agree2:  I come from Buxton so 45 min trip.

Hull Philharmonic Orchestra played at Buxton Festival. Used to play with that orchestra when I was in sixth form

17 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

35 minutes ago, Perelandra said:

@Whoopiewoop @Pammi

Will go to Sheffield if Yuzu competing. 

I live near London. 

Grew up outside Hull, skated couple of times at Ice Sheffield in my teens.

Hey I lived in Doncaster for many years and skated a few times at Doncaster Dome (never went to the Sheffield rink despite closeness) and also at Bradford rink (is it still there??) when I lived in Leeds - I could basically skate forwards, quite fast, but that was all lol!! It never even occurred to me that I could learn to do more...oh to be young again!!

EDIT: Bradford Ice Arena IS still there, just looked it up - I'm so used to facilities closing in the UK, especially in less affluent areas...

13 minutes ago, Yuzurella said:

This is just wild speculation on my part. Perhaps the two potential new GP hosts are only willing to host under the condition that the two-time Olympic champion will compete in their GPs? Could this be the reason why the announcements were erased again? Yuzu hasn't confirmed yet. :10814716:

I would love for Yuzu to compete in European GPs, since traveling outside of Europe would be almost impossible for me due to the high costs. But of course we don't even know yet if Yuzu will participate in GPs at all.

No matter what, I just hope Yuzu recovers fully, stays healthy and happy, and does whatever he feels is right for him regardless of external pressure. :smiley-angelic001:

Meanwhile in Ice Castle Sendai, Ice Emperor Yuzu is sitting on the Throne of Blades, stroking Hissing Pooh and watching the Delegation if Incompetents and Accountants pleading for his benisons, except that he is not really listening because Yuzu is wearing earbuds turned up to volume eleven ( from This is Spinal Tap!). :darklordyuzu:

Nessie flexes her claws and licks her teeth, who will be fed to her first?  President, VP, Chair, Judge, eeny, meeny, miney, mo... yum