General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Not good news... ..the Ice Rink Sendai will be closed.:huh:

Source 

Maybe the maintenance work won't take that long and he can rest now after the long tour.

This is normal - every ice rink has to melt the ice and do maintenance on their equipment occasionally. Most rinks (at least the ones I’ve skated at) of do it every year. Yuzu’s used to this, I promise you.

11 minutes ago, Louitunes said:

Yes...you are just dreaming.  :8122879:

UK at this current moment in time does not know FS exists.  

For sure about FS and UK. I posted about the beloved 'Pumpkin King' and the iPlayer documentary in the 'We're fewer but still good thread'. 

I wonder how the British Ice Skating would have dealt with a talent like Yuzu? I hope...that BIS would have done right by him

However, we kind of know the answer, because unless the sport has a ball of any sort and is mainly watched by men, zero investment. 

Gold medals - John Curry, Robin Cousins, Torvill and Dean, pittance funding. 

If Yuzu were to ever consider a European tour, I would try to attend each tour date, to see him and put money in Yuzu's pocket. If he turns pro his ice show revenue will no longer be beholden to the JSF commission, so he won't prop them up financially.

Honestly, if every single fan put in the equivalent of £1 / $1 as initial start up to get a tour going, once tickets go on sale, the tour would probably become self sustaining

The merchandising alone would be like .. well, the phenomenon of Hanyuconomy in action has been documented before.

Seiko Niizuma showing the sweets she was given at FaOI :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

49 minutes ago, river said:

This is normal - every ice rink has to melt the ice and do maintenance on their equipment occasionally. Most rinks (at least the ones I’ve skated at) of do it every year. Yuzu’s used to this, I promise you.

I thought that it could be the annual maintenance that any type of installation needs, thanks for confirming it :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: Surely Yuzu already has it in his training calendar :) 

2 hours ago, river said:

Thank you @riverthat sounds relieving.:smiley-angelic001: Even if Yuzu his Ice chan during this time certainly will miss something,  the "break" will also do his ankle good.

Support from a 17-year-old Chinese fan for Yuzu:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

1 hour ago, Perelandra said:

For sure about FS and UK. I posted about the beloved 'Pumpkin King' and the iPlayer documentary in the 'We're fewer but still good thread'. 

I wonder how the British Ice Skating would have dealt with a talent like Yuzu? I hope...that BIS would have done right by him

However, we kind of know the answer, because unless the sport has a ball of any sort and is mainly watched by men, zero investment. 

Gold medals - John Curry, Robin Cousins, Torvill and Dean, pittance funding. 

If Yuzu were to ever consider a European tour, I would try to attend each tour date, to see him and put money in Yuzu's pocket. If he turns pro his ice show revenue will no longer be beholden to the JSF commission, so he won't prop them up financially.

Honestly, if every single fan put in the equivalent of £1 / $1 as initial start up to get a tour going, once tickets go on sale, the tour would probably become self sustaining

The merchandising alone would be like .. well, the phenomenon of Hanyuconomy in action has been documented before.

Harry and Yuzu in the same conversation. :10814716:

British FS is, as you say totally underfunded but there is zero interest in UK for FS.  You are quite correct, if there is no ball, the public aren't interested here.  

I'm just hoping for a European GP for Yuzu never mind a tour!. :smiley-angelic001:

2 hours ago, LiaRy said:

I've decided to buy Yuzu's Aoi Honoo I & II - Does anyone know if these still e-mails are still valid for getting the translations?

[email protected] - For Aoi Honoo I

[email protected] - For Aoi Honoo II

At least the one for Aoi Honoo II still works. I got Aoi Honoo II 2 months ago or so (Aoi Honoo I was sold out at the time), and the translation is very well done! Even the layout is nice and it has photos. And the book itself is beautiful. What are you using to buy the books? I would like to get Aoi Honno I as well.

Please, let me know. I too would like to purchase Ao Honoo 1. Only copy I could find was second hand and Ao Honoo II was Chinese version. I didn't know if the royalty from publisher would be honoured for Chinese copy as will most likely be different publisher and there would not be any royalty from the second hand book. I want to make sure that the royalty on purchase adds to Yuzu's charity donation fund

2 hours ago, river said:

They would likely do the melting now when it is warmest, wouldn’t they? Maybe Yuzu will rest and then pop over to Canada to train?

48 minutes ago, ImmortalBeloved said:

They would likely do the melting now when it is warmest, wouldn’t they? Maybe Yuzu will rest and then pop over to Canada to train?

It’s warmest in the summer (so it’s the most expensive time to keep the rink going) and also it’s not as disruptive for skaters trying to train during the season. It’s when all my rinks do it too.

1 hour ago, LiaRy said:

@Wintek @Perelandra I used https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1231780. The shipping for me is more expensive than Amazon JPN, but Amazon wouldn't process my payment method, so I switched. Right now, both Amazon and CDJapan have Aoi Honoo I in stock

Thanks! I ordered from CDJapan last time, the shipping was cheaper for me as well. Good to know Aoi Honoo I is in stock again. The temptation to buy it plus some photo books :puddingpooh: