General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, Wintek said:

He had a stalker, I think when he was training in Toronto. He also had to keep changing his training schedule so people wouldn't wait for him outside his house, at the bus stop, and outside the TCC. He even had to call Brian several times to pick him up because there were too many people waiting for him to go from his house to the TCC😥

I'm not surprised by this stalker and that's why I read yesterday when I returned from the last FOI with the young singer and others? he had a bodyguard so he could move around and live in peace, like everyone else..... And for Toronto, I'm not surprised, alas 

Subbed video for the Kobe interview!

As I mentioned in the Kobe thread, I recommend comparing the translation with the ones we already have. The axelsandwich team is also working on this, I believe, so we will get a proper video later!

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

FAoI has ended but Raison, Dance my Esmeralda, and sometimes Ryakudatsu are stuck with my head. :13877886:

Raison may very probably be my favorite exhibition program. I can't express how much I love it. :drama:

I still love NS and others, but Raison just hits different. Maybe because it's a new genre from Yuzu. I didn't care for besti squat before, but now I love them because of Raison. :redface:

Sorry for the rant, I may need a few more days to digest what happened and calm down lol. :59227c768286a__s:

On 6/12/2022 at 8:07 AM, LiaRy said:

I think the retirement rumour is just that... a rumour - because he's 27 and thus 'old' for the sport, but Yuzu's never indicated that he's stopping anytime soon. He's been in top 4 of every competition for 10 years, why would he retire now?! Just because another olympic cycle ended, that doesn't mean the ending of his competitive career. And I think he'll leave competition on his own terms, not because ISU is pushing him out. 

I agree with this as well. I've seen a lot of concerns about this in the other threads as well, especially these last couple of days, so I thought I'd share my thoughts here:

Spoiler

I don't mean for this to sound harsh/inconsiderate in any way, and English isn't my first language, so I apologize beforehand if it comes off as such.  :flowers:

I've grown up in a soccer-loving family and still watch games here and there. That sport, too, has its own problems and unfair calls and score manipulations, and the fans get REALLY worked up about that kind of thing (I'm sure everyone has heard of the fan fights and stadium chaos there), but at the end of the day, what matters in the records (what goes down into the books, so to speak) is the final score. Years later, when the games are discussed by commentators and such, the unfair sentiments and wrong calls are mostly ignored and the final result is "what matters". Unfortunately, as unfair as it sounds, that's how it is in sports (and I think in life, too).

As we already know, Yuzu is a legend and has nothing to prove to anyone. But despite winning the hearts of most everyone around the world with his challenge in Beijing, however, he didn't medal and his attempt at 4A was unsuccessful as far as the records are concerned. If he was to leave it at that, he would be ending his competitive career on a "low point" (again, as far as what goes down in the books). I saw too many news articles reporting it as such after Beijing anyway, which really hurt. And unfortunately those will stay around longer than "unofficial" articles written by fans, sport enthusiasts, etc. Having said all that, personally, I think it would have to take a lot (health reasons/other circumstances) for Yuzu to r* at this point. He's an artist, but also keeps pointing out that he's also an athlete too (would he still be called an athlete if he is to *r? I'm new to this so I don't know). And we all know he's super competitive, i.e. a training devil for things he really wants. They took everything from him there, except for the love and adoration of his fans and his prior achievements, and certainly many would want for him to retire like that (his efforts proving unsuccessful), but I think Yuzu would rather do that on his own terms. He's not one to give up when it's tough (his life has taught him that), but a challenger, after all. He's still in great/best shape as he says so himself, so there really is no direction to go from here than up (Fly Yuzu!). Maybe he would have already r* if he placed on the podium in Beijing, but it didn't happen that way and a lot of things went wrong, starting with the first few seconds of Rondo. But I'd like to think that maybe that moment was destiny saying that he has a lot more to give/is destined to do more for the sport, or maybe competition Ice-chan loved him too much to let him go and instead wants him to continue competing, haha. :rofl3:

Also, I think landing the 4A in front of "everyone" might mean more than in front of his fans who he already knows adore him and don't need him to jump it to continue to do so. I think "everyone" might be closer to "some" who have doubted/criticized him (I can think of a few names). I would personally like to see him prove them wrong and leave them speechless, haha. But I stand with the fans who believe that Yuzu doesn't need to prove he's a legend, and I support whatever decision he makes 100%. After all, he knows himself and his environment/circumstances best.

Sorry for the long post (I swear, I feel like I could write a whole essay :roll:), and again, sorry if any of this sounded inconsiderate in any way. I wrote it with my most well-meaning and best intentions. :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

@Elly About what you said

Spoiler

About the "low point". I forgot to mention that in the post I made. I agree 100% with you. I asked myseld whether he'd be satisfied and r* considering he, well, lost on the biggest stage there is. Anyone would be angry, frustrated, especially since things like hole in the ice and judging are not his fault, but that's what everyone sees. I'm sure he's going to end his career on a high note, even if that'd mean he goes to one more big comp like Worlds and wins then leaves.

The performance of NDP to end on a high note is a fabulous way for Yuzu to have great memories of that programme and close the circle with positive feelings 

Spoiler

Sadly. although NDP is an expressive programme, there are some memories of a cold reception associated with it. Winning JNats 2012 with NDP FS then Yuzu being subjected to negative behaviour from Dai fans and then being made to stand without a chair at a briefing with skaters and JSF official afterwards, then skating with an ankle injury at World C 2013 to win Oly places for Team Japan

@Elly, @LiaRy and @Anabel I'm glad there's some agreement about this heh

Spoiler

Although I have been quite clear that I wouldn't mind seeing Yuzu walking out of all of this, personally, I do think he "deserves" to walk out in his own terms - not bullied by ISU and media, nor hindered by injuries. I'm very averse of some "revenge arc" narratives I see floating around, because Yuzu is well, a person, not a project of my fantasies, but I do hope he could come to a new season achieving more fairer results and without the level of burden he was carrying before. That's really all I can say on this matter on the general chat I think LOL  

@Xiupia @Elly @Anabel

I keep getting reminded that the GP assignments are supposed to be out in a few days, I'd like to thank you for sharing positivity too, because

Spoiler

In case Yuzu is not on that list, we still can't say whether he is done or not until we hear it from him. So, seeing your words, I'm now 99.9% convinced that there will be at least one more Yuzu competition.