General Yuzuru Chat

34 minutes ago, shina07 said:

I got my Aoi Hono books and just after FaOI too! 

https://imgur.com/a/dBOwdga

I already got an email from Tsukihoshi for book 2 translation and waiting to hear from Nonchan for book 1 translation. Would you guys know if Nonchan is still active? 

Yes, Nonchan is active. I get the translation from her a few weeks ago.

On 3/17/2022 at 1:19 PM, Mary_kyo said:

Shoma and Yuma are receiving fair amount of criticism for their behavior in the green room from Japanese. I post it here because it’s very publicly discussed in my timeline. So, I fully expect some PR moves from both of them and they will both most probably spit some praises for Yuzu in the Worlds for the damage control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oWEJGANGuI

At the same time, I never believed in the “all the skaters are friends uwu” stories myself so I’m happy that we got a glimpse of their behavior in reality and their true feelings. Afterall, they are all competitors. It also makes me appreciate the warm hospitality of the skaters of team China, I can’t imagine how uncomfortable and lonely the gala could had been if Boyang, Xinyu and Shiyue weren’t looking for Yuzu. In general, I believe Yuzu’s journey in the past 4 years was very lonely/dark and the presence of few understanding people like Ghislain made it possible for him to continue. My controversial opinion is that probably Ghislain is even the major reason that Yuzu remained in TCC till now.

Bonus: look at how Yuzu treated Daniel when he was leaving the green room.

PS: I myself don’t like the public pressure on Yuma or Shoma to say praising words toward Yuzu while they are uncomfortable with it and clearly don’t believe in it. They both love Nathan and his skating for whatever reasons and it's Okay and they shouldn’t be forced to say otherwise for their “public images”. But basic human decency toward a fellow country’s athlete/legend after a rough competition is the least one might expect from athletes at the Olympics stage.

/public rant over, sorry <3 

Hi, 

Sorry to respond to your comment so late, I was too raw to think straight for a while. 

You are correct, people cannot be forced to 'make nice' if the don't want to and any statements will inevitably be perceived as the falsehood that it is. However, these two skaters are adults and they must be aware that all appearances in a public setting are open to public scrutiny and judgement. Behaviour and speech needs to be very measured in such situations. 

Sadly, there is a well known phrase "everyone loves a winner", an indictment on insincere, fawning admirers who are all too ready to make use of another person's greatness but will quickly find someone else, when they think that association with the first person no longer has benefit to them. Now it seems that some people feel that they can behave in a dismissive manner towards Yuzu, to their own discredit. 

Yuzuru has worked so hard to reach the pinnacle of his sport and has achieved every accolade within the sport and more. We all know his back story, so even more remarkable that he has not only remained humble and hard working but also has demonstrated respect and kindness to everyone he encounters.

The JSF president has threatened him in the past 'perform well, or you are on your own" before the FP at Sochi and shockingly Yuzu has been the subject to death curses (the white towel thrown on his head). Yuzu somehow overcame all of his detractors and somehow moved ever forward to great success, and yet he never failed to treat others  with consideration and kindness.

Over the years from junior days, Yuzu took Shoma and other juniors under his wing. Even if Shoma does not wish to pay Yuzu compliments now, he should reflect on how thoughtfully Yuzu treated him when he was a newcomer. Incidentally, to Nathan's credit, he cites in an interview, after World's 2019 that Yuzu was very kind and nice to him when he was a newcomer having moved up to senior events.

The demonstration of support from Team China skaters has been incredible. Not just with the gifts that they gave to Yuzu, but the consideration they showed him, at a difficult time. Shiyue and Xinyu queueing up for several hour to get Yuzu a limited edition Bing Dwen Dwen and Boyang wanting to be 'panda hat buddies'. The show of kindness and support were really thoughtful. Some people clearly do not forget true friendship. I hope that Yuzu derived a great deal of comfort from Boyang, Xinyu, Shiyue 

Sorry to whinge about this

I am posting here because the Faoi in Makuhari dates are over, but please move if inappropriate:

Is there anyone who was in the audience on Days 1 or 2 that got a good quality (full) recording of Real Face? Would love to see how it was done on those days.

13 minutes ago, NattyTashi said:

I am posting here because the Faoi in Makuhari dates are over, but please move if inappropriate:

Is there anyone who was in the audience on Days 1 or 2 that got a good quality (full) recording of Real Face? Would love to see how it was done on those days.

There is a rule that doesn't allow recording at the show and the such. There will be broadcasts of Day 1 and 2 in June and July (if I'm not mistaken)

3 hours ago, NattyTashi said:

3 hours ago, LiaRy said:

There is a rule that doesn't allow recording at the show and the such. There will be broadcasts of Day 1 and 2 in June and July (if I'm not mistaken)

Here is the schedule for broadcast of the Makuhari shows:

• Day 1: Saturday, June 11 at 1:00 pm JST on BS Asahi
  • All 3 days on Saturday, July 23 - Sunday, July 24 at 11:00 am JST on TV Asahi  CS channel 2
5 hours ago, NattyTashi said:

Would love to see how it was done on those days.

I'm interested in this too :tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: I've seen some debate over whether the delayed axel was intentional or a popped jump, so I'd like to see what he did on the other days