General Yuzuru Chat

On 3/15/2022 at 1:27 AM, Geo1 said:

I know that the video “Yuzuru Hanyu practicing to Muse” has been posted and referred to numerous times, but since I had not watched it for a long time, I decided to today. It never gets old. It is so mesmerizing, calming and beautiful. Yuzu's practices are worth more than the price of admission. I am sure that people will not object if I post it here and there may even be some new fans who have never seen it before.

Thank for reposting. Always  joy to watch

Sorry to respond so late to both this and something you wrote back in Feb. 

Yuzu has always behaved with integrity and has never used any public interview/forum opportunity to say anything derogatory or critical about any person or organisation.

When a well known figure is requested to make a  public comment, the widely held view is that it is incorrect to throw doubt upon the word of another, unless there is irrefutable proof. Yuzu would never behave in this way and has rightly garnered world wide respect for his conduct

6 hours ago, Anni said:

According to a fan who was live in Makuhari yesterday, Yuzu himself put the paper cup on the ice before skating. :wink2:And in your posted video (at 1:26) you can see how he bends down and picks it up....... after that comes his "watering"  :haircut:

[NEW]

:thanks:  for your information and I can clearly see him in the black illustration before his "refreshing" skate  :peek: and knowing his perfectionism, he knew how to skate so as not to knock over the cup and catch it at the right time : that's Yuzu :clap:

And also, I'm really "at the angel" with all your  :heartpound:  LES FANYUS tweets and well seen Ghislain and Jun and I add Yuzu's muscles  :girlsigh: (not sorry FAY) and again what Annabelle writes about the fact that Yuzu's photo is watering will be a GREAT wallpaper  :hairflip: and it makes him a SHOW MAN 

3 hours ago, Fay said:

His arm muscles are just incredible. And delicious, sorry 

Good sign that off ice training is paying off. I'm sure that Yuzuru can lift a partner. ( There was footage from an ice show where the female partner in one of the pairs or ice dance couples skated around the rink carrying her male partner. Anything is possible ):strong::tumblr_inline_mm2wnxgTbV1qz4rgp:

4 hours ago, Perelandra said:

Thank for reposting. Always  joy to watch

Sorry to respond so late to both this and something you wrote back in Feb. 

Yuzu has always behaved with integrity and has never used any public interview/forum opportunity to say anything derogatory or critical about any person or organisation.

When a well known figure is requested to make a  public comment, the widely held view is that it is incorrect to throw doubt upon the word of another, unless there is irrefutable proof. Yuzu would never behave in this way and has rightly garnered world wide respect for his conduct

I think that I have been chastised for something that I said back in February, but I have no idea of what this person speaks since my damning comment has not been identified.

May I ask, Sir or Mdm., what it is I said that caused your ire to rise to the point that you felt compelled to cast dispersions on me?

21 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

I think that I have been chastised for something that I said back in February, but I have no idea of what this person speaks since my damning comment has not been identified.

May I ask, Sir or Mdm., what it is I said that caused your ire to rise to the point that you felt compelled to cast dispersions on me?

Oh no.  Dear George, many apologies to you. No dispersions on your part whatsoever. You mentioned having reservations about Senor Fernadez' with regards to various vacillating comments about the hole in the ice and whether it was being used as an excuse for the popped 4S. Yuzuru has a well earned reputation for never making excuses for poor performance. I have seen several posts on various social media that Spanish speakers actually translated Javi as having said " maybe this was a little lie" whenJavi was speaking about Yuzu's comment that there was a hole into which his take off blade slipped. Javi received a considerable amount of criticism for his comment. Although, he should have been somewhat more measured in giving essentially an opinion in a public forum, his comment was ill advised. Thereafter he wrote an apology, which may have contributed to him appearing rather disingenuous.

I recall that your profession is a trial lawyer, now retired, so I thought that your comment about Javi was particularly relevant because I thought similarly. Hence my comment about the importance of not casting aspersions on the veracity of someone's word, without proof. I did not make it clear enough that it was Javi who was the object of my criticism.

I really enjoy your insightful comments and posts and apologise unreservedly about the miscommunication, whereby you had the impression that my comment was aiming to be critical of you. It was intended to compliment your insight. I am glad that you made contact, I do hope that this is cleared up. So sorry.

Perelandra is the title of a novel by CS Lewis, Sci Fi story about Venus. Personification of that planet as female, so Mdm 

Spoiler

for better or worse my title is the genderless Dr haha

7 hours ago, Fay said:

His arm muscles are just incredible. And delicious, sorry 

No kidding. Me being me, first thing I thought was, "how many chin-ups can he do now?"

I confess that, as much as I enjoy how handsome Yuzu is, his fitness makes me a little jealous. I wish I could be in that good a shape! 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

:MDR:

OHHHHHHHH it will quickly be "sold out"  :surprised_pikachu:   and this video is in Japanese, but no need to understand it, it's all in the picture (isn't it  :wink2: ) and the "" EHHHHH OHHHHH HUMMMMM" of the presenters  :girlsigh: and at a moment, they compare it with ? around 0:50 and one makes a "OOOOO" and who it is?: notice therefore to those who understand !!!!!! and at the end the one at the bottom right, goes towards discomfort  : peekapooh:and it lacks more than a shower gel at YUZU and the turn is played and I join Rockstayuzu on his physical health which is essential to him 

On a personal note, sorry: Today it's been a year since I joined the Planet. I was the 6000th member - can you believe that 2172 have joined us since then? 
I'm glad to see that many of the members who were active back then are writing again these days in the General Yuzuru Chat.
- Enough off topic, I'm ready for new Yuzu content. No waterlogging yet.

20 minutes ago, Ulrinis said:

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Did anyone else find it interesting that Yuzu is the first in the list of figure skaters to select and NC is the last? :animated-smileys-hello-22:

I find it interesting it says nothing about how the athlete "winner" of the #upagain vote will be selected - it only says that by voting you will be entered into the draw to win the ticket prize. They know Yuzu will win a fan vote which is why they use his picture, to draw interest - but THEY will select the winning athlete imo, not us.

37 minutes ago, Pammi said:

I find it interesting it says nothing about how the athlete "winner" of the #upagain vote will be selected - it only says that by voting you will be entered into the draw to win the ticket prize. They know Yuzu will win a fan vote which is why they use his picture, to draw interest - but THEY will select the winning athlete imo, not us.

I have gone to the ISU page (https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/news/news-fsk/14131-figure-skating-s-greatest-5-upagain-moments?templateParam=15) and I think you are right. The order they are in appears to be ISU own ranking. Yuzu is the fifth and Nathan the first...

I'd not watched that video of Yuzu in practice before but watching it and particularly how interesting he was just when skating without both his skates leaving the ice together in a jump, watching just his stroking and turning and such and it suddenly came to me why Yuzu is so successful in the PCS scores, it's because he's not just skating; he's making love to the ice.  No other skater seems to have such a relationship between himself and the surface on which he is soaring.  Yuzu loves the ice and his every program is a serenade to that most frigid of beloveds.