General Yuzuru Chat

3 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

Crumbs! It feels like it's been so long since we've seen smiley Yuzu. Give us more smiley Yuzu. Smiley Yuzu increases serotonin and eliminates cortisol. Smiley Yuzu is a gift to the world.

I mean look at this:

And this:

Anyways, regarding the actual content (lol), he just never misses with any of his answers, does he? He just has this way of distilling such potentially messy events and feelings into simple truths and lessons. I'm projecting a bit, but I feel like most people would not have come out of Beijing (or the past four years, or his entire career, for that matter) unscathed had they personally gone through what Yuzu did. It's incredibly difficult to keep up genuine optimism and hope when faced with a series of disappointments. It's so much easier to give up. However, Yuzu stays true to himself and instead of getting permanently beaten down, he rises, takes his experiences to heart, and uses them to propel himself forward. He doesn't just say positive things for the sake of being positive. Notice how he doesn't even fake optimism: not everything will be rainbows and sunshine even if you put in the effort, and yes, there will always be tough times along the way. But, instead of hopelessness, what he takes from his experiences is this: "What matters is that you are leading a happy life by your own standards."

It's times like these I'm truly glad I became a fan. He's just so unabashedly himself and doesn't cave to any sort of societal or institutional pressure. From simple things like lip-syncing boldly in front of people, to his costume choices, and to greater things like declaring his goals to the world and standing by his skating philosophy, I can't help but be moved each time and be inspired to stay true to myself and what would make me happy, rather than what other people expect of me.

Very well spoken, agree 100% !

5 hours ago, lajoitko said:

New Citizen and translation. Question 7: What will you say to your future self?

[NEWS]

"I wish for this for both my future and current self, for us to continue living happily ...".

Yes Yuzu, we all wish you this from the bottom of our hearts.:heart:

Here with English subtitles

[NEWS]

:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I found this on twitter and found it interesting. Detailed explanation of how takeoff "works" for the axel.

4 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

It's times like these I'm truly glad I became a fan. He's just so unabashedly himself and doesn't cave to any sort of societal or institutional pressure. From simple things like lip-syncing boldly in front of people, to his costume choices, and to greater things like declaring his goals to the world and standing by his skating philosophy, I can't help but be moved each time and be inspired to stay true to myself and what would make me happy, rather than what other people expect of me.

Beautiful words and beautiful feelings for a beautiful human being :7938863: 

20 hours ago, mangomango said:

You can still send him a letter! Another member posted about it in February and I saved the address hehe :img_21:

The address:

Mr Yuzuru Hanyu

c/o Japan Skating Federation

Japan Sport Olympic Square

4-2 Kasumigaokamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo

160-0013

Japan

(Hopefully that's right, I copy-pasted it!)

thank you!! 

8 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

OH MY GOD! I had no idea what the inside of the folds of Yuzu's PW suit looked like!: knc_yuzu1:

Attention to detail on this! He really is on his own extra level, Planet Hanyu's extra level.:applaud:

WOOOOOOO I would never have seen these details  :2thumbsup: if these very close photographs of PW had not been posted and  :iagree: with Yuzurella and the fine detail  :winky:   and here he is in parts  :wink_star:  and one where he could teach yoga with COOL and ZEN music and the delicacy of his gestures up :girlsigh:close

After my last deepL translation got shared all over the internet not only without credits, but also without mentioning the small but important detail that it was only an unreliable automatic translation, I have been thinking for a while if or if not I want to share my translations with you again.

I'll give it one more try, but to prevent any misunderstandings regarding my translations, I have decided that I don't want them to be shared outside of planethanyu, otherwise I won't post my translations anymore.

So, if you want to get my translations - don't share them!

Edit: Here was my 'Muse on Ice' translation.
Deleted, because it was shared outside of the Planet :facepalm:

Thank you so much @birnasan!

I will ask here for all fanyus to be a little vigilant on this; this fandom is a little too big to self police, but I know that the first place I saw the first translation being reposted was on reddit. On twitter things are a little bit more easier to take down, but reddit users have zero accountability. So let’s just make sure we at least attend the wishes of someone who is sharing this with us for free and out of just passion for the subject. 

On 5/13/2022 at 8:07 PM, rockstaryuzu said:

Has anyone else noticed that Yuzu is looking particularly great in these most recent photos of him? I've been comparing them to photos from before Olympics this year, and it really looks to me like a bunch of stress and strain dropped from his face once he landed the 4A...makes me wonder just exactly how much pressure he was putting on himself to try and get that jump done. 

Or am I imagining things? 

On 5/13/2022 at 8:37 PM, citrusjunos said:

You're not alone. I didn't want to bring it up at the time because I didn't want to cause unnecessary stress and anxiety among the fans, but to me, he looked incredibly pale and ill, especially leading up to Beijing/during Beijing. I don't want to speculate any further than this on his health, but yeah. He just looks so good and healthy right now; I'm glad it looks like some of the stress has melted away.

I totally agree. When I saw Yuzu at the Beijing Olympics, he looked tense, stressed, and anxious to me. I think he put too much pressure on himself. He probably felt the weight of the world on his shoulders and thought that he had the responsibility and duty to win a third Olympic gold not only for himself, but also for his country and his fans. Perhaps he feared that he would lose the love and support of his fans if he doesn't win.

If there is one thing that the Olympics have shown, it is that Yuzu is loved more than ever. Not only have his fans not abandoned him, they love him more than ever. In addition, he has even won many, many more fans and admirers. He was the talk of town, the greatest star of the Olympics by far despite not winning a medal.

As an ambitious athlete, it might have been Yuzu's greatest fear to fail on the greatest stage. In the end, he did indeed fail at winning a medal, but he carried himself with such grace and integrity, stayed true to himself, and showed so much passion and courage, that he remained the victor without winning a medal.

Yuzu looks so relieved and at ease in the new videos. I hope he has found happiness for himself. I'm sure he has found his utter love and joy for skating again. It's so obvious to see in the practices he did after the competition was over at the Olympics. What he put on the ice was pure magic flowing straight from his heart and soul. He was finally free from the enormous pressure of having to win gold.

I hope the experiences at the Olympics have shown Yuzu that his value as a person and athlete is absolutely not diminished in any way by not winning a medal. His heartfelt, emotional performances touched people's hearts and souls. His story is such an inspiration. Yuzu didn't win an Olympic medal, but he won the hearts of many, many people. He gives people joy, light, and hope. This is the greatest victory of all.

5 hours ago, birnasan said:

Après que ma dernière traduction en profondeur ait été partagée sur Internet, non seulement sans crédits, mais aussi sans mentionner le petit mais important détail qu'il ne s'agissait que d'une traduction automatique peu fiable, j'ai réfléchi pendant un moment si je voulais ou non partager mon traductions avec vous à nouveau.

Je vais essayer encore une fois, mais pour éviter tout malentendu concernant mes traductions, j'ai décidé que je ne voulais pas qu'elles soient partagées en dehors de planethanyu, sinon je ne publierai plus mes traductions.

Donc, si vous voulez obtenir mes traductions, ne les partagez pas !

Voici quelques extraits du nouveau livre de Satomi Ito "Muse on Ice", traduits automatiquement avec deepL. Je ne parle pas japonais et ce n'est pas une bonne traduction. 

The book is absolutely beautifully done, with many high quality photos of Satomi's wonderful creations.

Page 15 - TTCT

Reveal hidden content

Lorsque Hanyu a commandé le costume de "Heaven and Earth" pour la saison 2020-21, il a demandé un "costume bleu-vert basé sur un kimono", ou quelque chose de similaire. Le style et la couleur avaient déjà été décidés, alors j'ai suggéré quelques détails (la couleur de la doublure du col, la couleur de la ceinture, les décorations, etc.) et lui ai demandé de les revoir et de les confirmer. Le matériau est composé de deux couches de tissu Power Net léger, avec la priorité sur la légèreté.

'Heaven and Earth' is the theme music to the historical TV drama series about the life of the Sengoku warlord Uesugi Kenshin. When I looked for a motif connected to Uesugi Kenshin, I found that his family crest was 'bamboo with sparrows'. I thought, 'I really want to incorporate this,' and decided to use a fabric with a beautiful bird embroidery, which I had purchased from overseas.

The bird embroidery is surrounded by cherry blossoms, not bamboo. Along my own walking route, there is a cherry tree that always blooms in April. This cherry tree does not have the usual five petals, but a tremendous amount of petals overlapping each other. I didn't know what variety it was, so I posted on my social networking site asking people to tell me what variety it was, and fans told me.

It is a variety called Fugenzo. The origin of the name is said to be "because the end of the pistil from the centre of the flower is curved, resembling the nose of a white elephant on which the Fugen Bodhisattva rides", which sounds very fortunate. Fans also sent me images of various Fugen elephants. Looking at the cherry blossom images I received, I thought to myself: it is because Hanyu skates with the thoughts and feelings of so many people on his shoulders that I want to put cherry blossom decorations on him.

The belt has a cross-shaped decoration. I wish I could have made the trousers like a hakama, but that is absolutely impossible, so please imagine a hakama in your mind.

Due to corona, the costume was send for the fitting and the state of the costume during the process was checked. I remember that there were no major changes, but he requested that the gloves should be made of power net fabric of the same colour as the belt.

Hanyu is a strong believer in wearing gloves. This is to avoid cutting himself when he grasps the edges and to protect his hands when he performs his famous hydroblading, and I have heard Hanyu say when making the costume for 'SEIMEI' that "with bare hands, it is impossible to see the movement of the hands out on the ice".

How does he look on the ice? How can he make the most out of his choreography? I learnt at that time that he thinks thoroughly down to the tips of his fingers. Incidentally, Hanyu's gloves have a pattern where only the thumb is independent, which is difficult to sew (most gloves have a hand shape pattern). Furthermore, the seam space is only 3 mm, so you can only ask someone who is good at sewing (I am not!). 

After his costume for SEIMEI, Yuzuru Hanyu is known as a Japanese-style performer, and his costume is truly a magnificent costume for a fight.

For the 2021-22 season, he continued with the programme 'Heaven and Earth' and said that he was pleased with the comfortable and easy-to-move costume from last season and asked for a new one with the same design and decoration, but in a more clearly defined shade of colours than last season's. The belt and gloves should be black. To tell the truth, it is difficult to make the same costume again. Especially in the decoration part, I don't remember where and how I put them on, because I did it on the spot and with my instincts. Once again, I had to come up with the same colours and pull out the decorations I used last time. I had Hanyu send me his costume from last season's 'Heaven and Earth', and I put it on my dress torso and made it stand next to me when I was decorating, to make the same arrangement as much as possible, but it's strange because it still looks different.

He then won the All-Japan Figure Skating Championships, making it a lucky costume.

Page 23 - White Wisteria Legend

Reveal hidden content

This "wisteria costume" was initially one of the design suggestions for 'Heaven and Earth'. I was contacted and asked "It's so beautiful, so please make it for 24 hour TV", so I made it.

The design was inspired by the wisteria I saw at a well-known park. Wisteria is beautiful to look at, but the fragrance is the most beautiful of all. You have to go and experience it for yourself to understand it. Japan is often associated with cherry blossoms, but for me personally, wisteria also has a very strong image, so I wanted to use it in Hanyu's kimono.

The base colour is a soft orange with a hint of wisteria, like a morning glow or something like that.

Page 29 - Snoring

Reveal hidden content

The request was for cold colours. As it is a classical music piece, I made several design drawings and suggestions, including an unusual type of shirt with slightly fluffy sleeves. Among them, I included an 'Otonal' style design with a draped body, and when I thought, "I think he will choose this one", he did.

Originally, the neck was beige with a high neckline, but he asked for a light blue collar in the style of a choker, so the choker idea came from Hanyu's side. It's incredible how perfectly it fits him. In the end, gold feathers were also added to make it more gorgeous.

The back is boldly wide open, the body is three-dimensionally ruffled, and the choker highlights the length of the neck. Such an outfit can only be worn by Yuzuru Hanyu. I feel that Yuzuru Hanyu understands that "only Yuzuru Hanyu can such costumes", and that he chooses his costume designs with the image of the music and the choreography in mind. Creators and audiences usually tend to think about 'this and that', but watching Hanyu's performance, I think that Hanyu's own vision of the programmes and costumes is very important.

While simple costumes are the norm in men's singles skating, he is a unique athlete who embodies that figure skating is an artistic sport, where music, choreography and costume are also important elements.

Like a phoenix wrapped in blue flames, this costume is perfectly fitting for an emotional programme.

Page 37 - LMEY

Reveal hidden content

The costume for the SP "Let Me Entertain You" of the 2020-21 season was made based on the style of his previous EX "Hello, I Love you", after Hanyu asked for a 'biker's look'. The trousers are in a similar leather look, and a similar (or perhaps the same) material was used after contacting the manufacturer. The material used for Hanyu's trousers is always stretchy velour, but this time the trouser material was less stretchy than that, and the width of the trousers was made wider as it would be difficult to move if they were fitted too tightly.

I produced a double stitched version of the biker jacket, with 7/8 sleeves because it would be too hot with long sleeves. By the way, I like such jackets and have about five of them, but I struggled to find a way to make a good-looking one out of a double stitched material (or rather, for a figure skating competition). For better or worse, stretchy materials don't always fit where you want them to. And of course it had to be made as thin as possible, as it cannot be heavy.

It has a slight punk feel with gold stones, pin-like decorations and thorns (spikes) stitched on the shoulders. Furthermore, the costume had to be made as a one-piece, which means that the pattern and sewing was very difficult. 

The beauty of the concealed zipper results from the hard work of the pattern maker and the stitcher, who are able to solve even the most difficult problems.

EX outfits often give me a lot of freedom to think creatively. I wanted 'Let Me Entertain You' for the 2021-22 season EX to have a completely different image from that for the competition.

To be honest, initially I didn't know who sang this song, and when I looked it up, I found that it was stylish and different from the rock I usually listen to, and I wanted his outfit to sparkle. With that image, I thought, "I'd like an unusual jacket" and suggested several design drawings. Among them, Hanyu chose a design with a bit of a punk taste.

The gold on the left half of the jacket is done in foil. The design has a lacquered look. At first we planned to use a lot of metal ornaments and zips, but they were too heavy, so we reduced the number during production. The pattern maker was originally involved with a men's fashion label, so he was very particular about drawing the pattern, which resulted in a good collar and a good silhouette. The EX has a slightly playful design, and I think that for the 2021-22 season we have three different types of costumes with different tastes for SP, FS and EX.

Page 28-29 - Imagine your muse, Hanyu Yuzuru costumes

Reveal hidden content

"Imagine your Muse."

This is what I was told in my first class at dressmaking school: the literal translation of the word muse is 'goddess', but in the creative world, gender is irrelevant. The MUSE is the 'ideal person' who you want the clothes you make to be worn by. It doesn't have to be a real person, so some people use two-dimensional drawings as their MUSE, while others use a dress doll as their MUSE.

For me, each and every skater would be the MUSE. It is 'a costume that is made only for that skater'. I search for videos and images of their performances, listen to the music they use while staring at them through the screen, and let my imagination run wild, wondering what kind of costumes would suit them. Above all, I want to create 'a costume that only this person can wear'. I don't want to make a costume that is the second best, and I do my best not to give the same image to anyone else.

The costumes I have created for Yuzuru Hanyu are truly 'costumes that only Yuzuru Hanyu can wear'. In "Requiem for Heaven and Earth," I added a lot of decorations without hesitation, but Yuzuru Hanyu's presence is as brilliant as his costume, and it gives him a sense of presence. There is no need to worry about the 'eyes only on the costume'.

In "Notte Stellata," the back of the costume is boldly opened, but it was only possible because Hanyu is the wearer. The feathers and countless pearls on the body were also made possible because of Hanyu's beauty that transcends gender.

The hagoromo [t/n: 羽衣, "winged dress", I think she means the fluttering sleeves] in "Haru yo, koi" was also added because it is Hanyu. And it is amazing that Hanyu can accept it so easily.

Thinking about it, he wears the back of "Notte Stellata" and the delicate fabrics and glittering patterns of "Origin" as if they were a natural part of him, without refusing to wear them. Even I, the creator of the costumes, am sometimes worried if it is possible to wear it, but it seems that Hanyu is at a level that surpasses our thinking.

Both costumes for Otonal are characterized by three-dimensional ruffles on the body and a defined high collar. Hanyu's style is reduced to the essentials, which is why even voluminous designs are no problem. The high collar is also possible because of his long neck. Many athletes dislike high necklines, but I think Hanyu can actually use them.

And 'Origin' is reigning as my favorite costume. I am so grateful to this world for the existence of Yuzuru Hanyu and for giving me the opportunity to create a costume like this. Without the MUSE of Yuzuru Hanyu, this costume would definitely not have been created. For whom else could it have been created for? Who else could wear this overwhelming sense of demonic royalty in a costume? You can guess the answer.

Page 204-207 - Interview with Satomi Ito at the 2021 Japanese Figure Skating Championships (Yuzu part only)

Reveal hidden content

Q: I'm sure Ito-san has many thoughts about Hanyu....

Ito: Yes, I have. I have been working together on creations with him longer than with any other athlete, since the 2014-15 season EX "The Final Time Traveler"...

Q: So this is the 8th season.

Ito: It is nothing short of a miracle that it has continued this long. I have screwed up a lot, and every time I deliver a costume, I worry that I won't get any more orders next season...

Q: There are likely to be many offers to Hanyu from costume designers, including overseas.

Ito: I think every costume designer would want to make (Hanyu's) costumes, since he is such a high-profile, tall, and good-looking athlete.

Q: In the midst of this, you continue to work with him, Ito-san.

Ito: Truly, it is a miracle.

Q: How did you come to produce the first costume for "The Final Time Traveler"?

Ito: I received the order when I was still working for the company, before I decided to work independently. At that time, I already had a solid history of producing costumes for female athletes, and I was also selling more figure skating outfits than any other team member, so naturally I thought, "I would love to do this myself!". But for fairness, three designers in the company had to do a design drawing and make a proposal.

Q: Like a competition, right?

Ito: "No way I'll let them beat me!" I finished the drawing, and thankfully, Hanyu chose the design I had drawn. So we met for the first time for a meeting and to discuss the design.

Q: What was your impression of Hanyu when you met him?

Ito: I was nervous and didn't have time to remember impressions or anything like that at all (laughs). When he said "Hello" to me, Hanyu was just a very nice young man.

Q: Back then, that was the season after the Sochi Olympics.

Ito: Yes, I remember my hands shaking as I took the measurements because I was so nervous that there was an Olympic gold medallist in front of me. I felt like a robot. Anyway, I finished the measurements and our first meeting finished without any difficulty.

Q: After that, everything went smoothly with no problems?

Ito : Lorsque je suis retourné sur mon lieu de travail et que j'ai revu la feuille de mesure, je me suis demandé si j'avais fait une erreur en notant les chiffres parce que j'étais si nerveux. C'était la première fois que je voyais une telle taille.

Q : Donc, ses proportions corporelles n'étaient pas standard.

Ito: Anyway, my work began with trying to organize a dress torso in Hanyu's size. I have been using that specially made torso for the past 8 years until now.

Q: Thinking that more than 20 (22 to be exact) costumes made exclusively for Yuzuru Hanyu, the MUSE, have made their way through the sleeves of that torso, is something impressive.

Q: One thing in common with Hanyu's costume production process is that he always makes precise requests when ordering, especially when it comes to costumes for competitions.

Ito: While Yuzuru Hanyu decides on the general concept of the costume, I work on the details. As I mentioned in the story of the production process of "Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso", Yuzuru Hanyu understands well about "the costumes that only Yuzuru Hanyu can wear". And furthermore, he has the ability to pursue his "Yuzuru Hanyu style". For example, an easy-to-understand example is "SEIMEI"...

Q: When I first saw the "SEIMEI" program, I was really surprised. When I thought of a Japanese program, the idea of "Onmyoji" was completely unexpected.

Ito: That's right. There had never been a program based on the concept of a Heian-era yin-yang master until then.

Q: I was a little worried about what kind of impression foreign judges would have, since I don't think they know much about "Onmyoji" in detail.

Ito: In the figure skating world, there are many athletes and coaches who are concerned about "acceptance by judges". They try to make things as "easy to understand" and "easy to comprehend" as possible, and this is reflected in their costumes. As long as it is a competition and scores are given, I am sure that this is sometimes unavoidable... Considering this, I think "SEIMEI" was a challenging program in every aspect, from the music to the choreography to the costume. I think that "SEIMEI" won the gold medal at the Olympics because he did not follow the safe path of "kimono because it is Japanese music," but chose to go down a path that no one had ever taken before, such as "a costume that faithfully reproduces a traditional kariginu as closely as possible", without stepping back, without coquettery, and by doing so he stuck to his will.

Q: Speaking of "Japanese programmes", "Heaven and Earth" also shares some similarities with "SEIMEI".

Ito: Yes, that's right. I think that because Hanyu has developed his own way of expressing "harmony", "Heaven and Earth" is a Japanese programme that only Hanyu can perform.

Q: The costume for 'Heaven and Earth' is decorated with sparrows and cherry blossoms, but are 'feathers (sparrows)' and 'cherry blossoms' an essential motif for Hanyu's costumes?

Ito: Right. "Feathers" is also part of Hanyu's name and gives me an image of him flapping his wings on the ice. I also thought of "Sakura" when I made the costume for "Haru yo, koi", and I think it suits Hanyu very well. I think it's because he looks good in Japanese style clothing.

Q: The costume for "Haru yo, koi" is also very beautiful.

Ito: At first, it was white based on the image of snow, but Hanyu asked me to add pink and green to create the image of cherry blossoms and wings.

Q: He looks good with Japanese cherry blossoms, but he has a wide range of styles, as he also looks good with the 'Origin Purple'.

Ito: I remember thinking when I saw Hanyu in his Origin costume, "No one looks better dressed up like this than Hanyu". I mean, after all, Hanyu looks good no matter what kind of costume he wears (laughs). He can wear any taste. That's why I keep coming up with designs that I want him to wear this kind of costume... Really, it is a designer's dream. 

Q: Speaking of Japanese flowers, this season a costume was also produced on the theme of 'wisteria'. This costume has had a different belt than the original one.

Ito: Hanyu said, "The belt is comfortable, so I want it to be fastened in the same way as in 'Heaven and Earth'."

Q: The fabric also seems to be different.

Ito: This was changed after he suggested that it would be more robust if it was overlaid with power net, as in 'Heaven and Earth'. To keep it from looking blurry, I added black shading in some places to finish it. This was also an idea from Hanyu's side.

Q : Les demandes précises et la capacité d'Ito-san à y répondre sont incroyables...

Q: The choker for "Introduction et Rondo Capricioso" was also added after a suggestion from Hanyu's side, right?

Ito : Oui. Le tour de cou qui met en valeur le cou magnifiquement long. Je pense que ce costume montre vraiment le style de Hanyu à son meilleur.

Q : Quelle est la signification de la décoration « lune » sur le tour de cou ?

Ito : J'avais pris une photo de la lune dans le ciel bleu lors d'une de mes promenades, et je l'ai trouvée très belle. Je l'ai incorporé parce que je sentais qu'il y avait un lien avec la sérénité du programme "Introduction et Rondo Capriccioso". Mais ça n'a pas de sens direct...

Q: So it is not a night sky, but a blue sky. The moon in the night sky stands out and is a sight to behold, but the moon in the blue sky also catches your attention when you see it. When I spotted the moon decoration on the choker, I felt the same joy as when I see the moon in the blue sky.

Q: Finally, I'd like to ask you about the costume for "Let Me Entertain You", how did you come up with that paint-like design?

Ito: The paint style was added in a spirit of fun, but there may be some influence from the streets of London. When I was studying in the UK as a student, I used to visit London and look at the painted graphics on the walls.

Q: The painted gold foil looks great.

Ito: It looks Japanese because of the shine of the gold foil, but on the contrary, I think it looks very Hanyu-like.

Q: It's Japanese-style rock!

After its debut at the All-Japan EX, fans rumoured that the costume had "4A" painted on it. Ito says it was a coincidence, but such miracles do happen to Hanyu. And it is precisely because Hanyu is the model and the costume is made by Ito that fans are inspired to think creatively.

Please do not write any disrespect to other skaters or their costumes in a direct reply to my message. Thank you.

:thanks:    for the discoveries of the making of the costumes of Yuzu and Yuzurella has a real talent (which I do not have) in her writings and it is that of 1 H ago :heartpound: 

And here is Yuzu at the airport polite and humble, but I recognized the music that was a success in 1962 : "I hear the train whistle"   and here it is (it's not the VO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xyhrbtlR3w   and the VO is called "500 miles" and is performed by a Japanese group with ease (found by chance) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sVYfrsaais  

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I totally agree. When I saw Yuzu at the Beijing Olympics, he looked tense, stressed, and anxious to me. I think he put too much pressure on himself. He probably felt the weight of the world on his shoulders and thought that he had the responsibility and duty to win a third Olympic gold not only for himself, but also for his country and his fans. Perhaps he feared that he would lose the love and support of his fans if he doesn't win.

If there is one thing that the Olympics have shown, it is that Yuzu is loved more than ever. Not only have his fans not abandoned him, they love him more than ever. In addition, he has even won many, many more fans and admirers. He was the talk of town, the greatest star of the Olympics by far despite not winning a medal.

As an ambitious athlete, it might have been Yuzu's greatest fear to fail on the greatest stage. In the end, he did indeed fail at winning a medal, but he carried himself with such grace and integrity, stayed true to himself, and showed so much passion and courage, that he remained the victor without winning a medal.

Yuzu looks so relieved and at ease in the new videos. I hope he has found happiness for himself. I'm sure he has found his utter love and joy for skating again. It's so obvious to see in the practices he did after the competition was over at the Olympics. What he put on the ice was pure magic flowing straight from his heart and soul. He was finally free from the enormous pressure of having to win gold.

I hope the experiences at the Olympics have shown Yuzu that his value as a person and athlete is absolutely not diminished in any way by not winning a medal. His heartfelt, emotional performances touched people's hearts and souls. His story is such an inspiration. Yuzu didn't win an Olympic medal, but he won the hearts of many, many people. He gives people joy, light, and hope. This is the greatest victory of all.

This exactly. I know it's been said a lot... and I'm gonna go off onto another ramble... but it's incredible how much love he received in Beijing. In some way it's good that he didn't get a medal, because it proved once and for all how priceless he is, that medals and records don't win hearts. I know how competitive and ambitious he is, so I hope he was able to really absorb that message. 

I was a casual fan before Beijing (basically just watching and enjoying his YouTube videos when they popped up) but Beijing was where I became a fanyu... It was painful in a lot of ways but I'm so glad I did. Just look at Twitter, and how many new fanyu accounts joined during/after Beijing and are still joining every day. It's seriously remarkable that he can do this without any sort of social media presence or PR.

Also, I'd love to know how many members Planet Hanyu had before Beijing compared to now! And how his video views have increased too :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

Just want to add to the Beijing conversation as someone who became a fan after the recent Olympics. I wanted to see what's going on in the Olympics and somehow clicked on the gala exhibition. Went through all the performances but was left mesmerized by Hanyu's performance. So I searched for more and realized he's the same person who skated to two performances I've watched before - Parisienne Walkways and Seimei.

After digging deeper, I learned that he attempted a seemingly impossible jump at the Olympics and was captivated. What sealed the deal for me though was his practice video for Seimei (plus other post-comp practice videos) at the Beijing Olympics. After that, I fell down the rabbit hole that is Yuzuru Hanyu's skating. I literally learned all the types of jumps and other terminology within one week.

Found out a few days after, that many people I know around me also discovered Yuzuru after Beijing. One of my friends showed me a "cool" video of Yuzuru saving his 3A jump during Let Me Entertain You. I was watching Sochi short programs and my parents, who weren't paying much attention and doing other things, suddenly stopped, watched Hanyu's skating, and said things like, "He flows so smoothly," "he makes it look easy," "he has style"  and they said it was amazing how he was able to capture their attention and get them to watch his whole performance (they are not interested in figure skating at all).

One of my other friends told me the other day that he is a fan of Yuzuru, and I pretended that I only casually like his skating and had to stop myself from saying I'm probably more obsessed with his skating.