General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, JanMary said:

Both LOTTE and Citizen China have new Yuzu related promotion today. LOTTE has clear file merch and Citizen China has asked for Yuzu's reply for 7 questions (reply not released yet, will be released in next 7 days). 

1. What is the difficulty to complete 4A?

2. How to deal with the ever-changing competition environment and strong competitors?

3. If you have time to take a rest (go for a vacation), what would you do?

4. If there is a next program inspired watch, which program will you choose?

5. Anything impressive from fan's letters in Beijing?

6. Chinese cuisine you like, and recommend hometown food?

7. What will you say to your future self?

Thank you for the translation.

Then we can look forward to some Yuzu crumbs.:heartpound:

2 hours ago, lajoitko said:

And now we have a new Citizen content. My best guess is that he is answering the question number 5. I have missed him so much :girlsigh:

Adding the translation

It's nice to know that he has received the many letters. :smiley-love017:

He looks stylish.:girlsigh:

5 hours ago, lajoitko said:

My best guess is that he is answering the question number 5. I have missed him so much :girlsigh:

Yes he is answering question no.5, and Citizen is asking fan's preference on Weibo (which one do they want to see next), and likely tomorrow they will release the reply to question no.7. (What will you say to your future self?)

26 minutes ago, JanMary said:

Yes he is answering question no.5, and Citizen is asking fan's preference on Weibo (which one do they want to see next), and likely tomorrow they will release the reply to question no.7. (What will you say to your future self?)

So maybe he will focus a bit more on himself responding to that other question.

Because so far Yuzuru is all about gratitude, all about recognising the others. The first 3 seconds of crumbs we got was Yuzuru praising another skater (Keiji). This time he's thanking fans, emphasising how their support is important to him. 

He really is that kind of person and they wonder why he's become a magnet to so many. 

Here is fresh Yuzu and these are the reactions of the fanyus and it's  :peek:  :peace2:    a 2nd one, on the other hand surprising and especially the beginning that I don't understand well and  :sorry2: you still wonder why Yuzu has his sad words? and what do I "understand"? it was smeared and criticized in bad newspapers  >:( ? and I had "burden" translated and when I saw this expression  :unsure2: and I can write that YES some harsh / horrible words can destroy, alas and anyway there will always be criticism of its success from jealous and embittered people  :yucky: and the end is more reassuring and anyway ALL of us here the fanyus have supported you 

1 hour ago, caramelicht said:

i wish i can send a letter for him but i just become a fan around a month after beijing olympics:sorrow: 

You can still send him a letter! Another member posted about it in February and I saved the address hehe :img_21:

The address:

Mr Yuzuru Hanyu

c/o Japan Skating Federation

Japan Sport Olympic Square

4-2 Kasumigaokamachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo

160-0013

Japan

(Hopefully that's right, I copy-pasted it!)

Has anyone else noticed that Yuzu is looking particularly great in these most recent photos of him? I've been comparing them to photos from before Olympics this year, and it really looks to me like a bunch of stress and strain dropped from his face once he landed the 4A...makes me wonder just exactly how much pressure he was putting on himself to try and get that jump done. 

Or am I imagining things? 

25 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Has anyone else noticed that Yuzu is looking particularly great in these most recent photos of him? I've been comparing them to photos from before Olympics this year, and it really looks to me like a bunch of stress and strain dropped from his face once he landed the 4A...makes me wonder just exactly how much pressure he was putting on himself to try and get that jump done. 

Or am I imagining things? 

You're not alone. I didn't want to bring it up at the time because I didn't want to cause unnecessary stress and anxiety among the fans, but to me, he looked incredibly pale and ill, especially leading up to Beijing/during Beijing. I don't want to speculate any further than this on his health, but yeah. He just looks so good and healthy right now; I'm glad it looks like some of the stress has melted away.

12分钟前, lajoitko说:

New Citizen and translation. Question 7: What will you say to your future self?

[NEWS]

Wish Yuzu happy, enjoying skating on ice, finding someone to love, having some kids....stay healthy. What Yuzu has contributed to the world is and will be treasured.

Crumbs! It feels like it's been so long since we've seen smiley Yuzu. Give us more smiley Yuzu. Smiley Yuzu increases serotonin and eliminates cortisol. Smiley Yuzu is a gift to the world.

I mean look at this:

And this:

Anyways, regarding the actual content (lol), he just never misses with any of his answers, does he? He just has this way of distilling such potentially messy events and feelings into simple truths and lessons. I'm projecting a bit, but I feel like most people would not have come out of Beijing (or the past four years, or his entire career, for that matter) unscathed had they personally gone through what Yuzu did. It's incredibly difficult to keep up genuine optimism and hope when faced with a series of disappointments. It's so much easier to give up. However, Yuzu stays true to himself and instead of getting permanently beaten down, he rises, takes his experiences to heart, and uses them to propel himself forward. He doesn't just say positive things for the sake of being positive. Notice how he doesn't even fake optimism: not everything will be rainbows and sunshine even if you put in the effort, and yes, there will always be tough times along the way. But, instead of hopelessness, what he takes from his experiences is this: "What matters is that you are leading a happy life by your own standards."

It's times like these I'm truly glad I became a fan. He's just so unabashedly himself and doesn't cave to any sort of societal or institutional pressure. From simple things like lip-syncing boldly in front of people, to his costume choices, and to greater things like declaring his goals to the world and standing by his skating philosophy, I can't help but be moved each time and be inspired to stay true to myself and what would make me happy, rather than what other people expect of me.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
3 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

It's times like these I'm truly glad I became a fan. He's just so unabashedly himself and doesn't cave to any sort of societal or institutional pressure. From simple things like lip-syncing boldly in front of people, to his costume choices, and to greater things like declaring his goals to the world and standing by his skating philosophy, I can't help but be moved each time and be inspired to stay true to myself and what would make me happy, rather than what other people expect of me.

Agree with every word. His authenticity and independence were among the major reasons why I became a fan. The strength and courage to have goals and ambitions that seem impossible for others, but he’s looking further, not afraid of petty criticism, going well being ad-hoc narrow-mindedness. Setting his own standards rather than following safe norms and breaking down with stereotypes that would limit him otherwise.