General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Most famously in his short program Chopin's Ballade No. 1 at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics – quad toeloop-triple toeloop with Rippon variation (both arms extended above head).

5 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

In addition to the 4T+3T combos his short programs, he also uses a Rippon on the toeloop of his 3A+2T combos in his free programs, including TenChi. And yes, they are very pretty. I like that it has such an open shape with closed fists, compared to some other skaters' where they have their arms straight up and their palms together. 

oh it's called rippon.. i've watched those programs numerous times but why i didn't realize all along😅 i will watch it again, thank you! 

12 hours ago, caramelicht said:

i think this is my first time seeing Yuzu put his hands up when he jumped like the ladies skater did. Did he ever do that to other programs? idk why but it really looks pretty for some reason.

12 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Most famously in his short program Chopin's Ballade No. 1 at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics – quad toeloop-triple toeloop with Rippon variation (both arms extended above head).

10 hours ago, citrusjunos said:

In addition to the 4T+3T combos in his short programs, he also uses a Rippon on the toeloop of his 3A+2T combos in his free programs, including TenChi. And yes, they are very pretty. I like that it has such an open shape with closed fists, compared to some other skaters' where they have their arms straight up and their palms together. 

not sure about his junior and other SP but he has uses it in the free program since RJ1.0 

I'm gonna need Ballade to protect itself because Rondo is coming for no.1 as my favorite Yuzu SP. Gosh, I don't know how it gets better and better every time I watch it. And to think that I don't think we have seen the full potential of Rondo and it can get more and more polished like Ballade.

since @ccy said that he has used the rippon in free programs so i tried to find other programs where he uses it, then i come accross to this video

it's not related to rippon but he's truly genius, how come he changed the layout while performing. I know i'm so late on this hype but i can't help to said it here. I'm sorry do i talk too much? but he's more than amazing, even i don't know the proper word to describe him :embSwan:

1 hour ago, caramelicht said:

how come he changed the layout while performing.

if anyone knows if there's an info link about 4cc 2017 with a planned content vs what he actually did... it would be very much appreciated

4 hours ago, yuwin said:

if anyone knows if there's an info link about 4cc 2017 with a planned content vs what he actually did... it would be very much appreciated

You can see the layout changes in this great video along with some other his emergency layouts. Video is made by @Henni147

45 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

You can see the layout changes in this great video along with other emergency layouts. The video is made by@Henni147

WOOOOOOOO  :2thumbsup:  :thanks:   for this video HENNI147 and your immense work and observation in detail and that's why, we can name Yuzu a GENIE 

You who know you in terms of skating, the 1st famous rippon was executed, therefore, by Adam Rippon (like Denise Biellman's biellman ?: 

https://www.linternaute.com/sport/magazine/1162493-un-nom-un-geste/1162499-la-pirouette-biellman 

14 hours ago, caramelicht said:

oh it's called rippon.. i've watched those programs numerous times but why i didn't realize all along😅 i will watch it again, thank you! 

The two arms above the head is called the Rippon variation (for Adam Rippon) and when you see others do the one arm above the head, it is called the Tano variation (for Brian Boitano).

7 hours ago, caramelicht said:

because@ccysaid he used rippon in free programs so i tried to find other programs where he uses it then i came across this video

it's not related to rippon but it's really awesome, how come it changed the layout while playing. I know I'm so behind on this hype, but I can't help but say it here. I'm sorry, am I talking too much? but he is more than incredible, even if I don't know the right word to describe him : embSwan:

With regard to the change of setting, ADMIRE the video posted by HENNI147 and you will find an explanation there and with regard to the "rippon" it appears in its worlds 2017 REMARKABLE (I post it in French commentary from Quebec, that gets along well with the recognizable accent and  :peace2: ) and looks around 3:33, but the commentator says "arms in the air" and around 8:02 Yuzu who says : "I didn't feel energized" YES he does was missing a "little bit" let's see  :hairflip: Mr PERFECTIONIST