General Yuzuru Chat

18 hours ago, Geo1 said:

This is nothing like a complete translation, but I can tell you in general terms what the video is about.

Kurihara-san of Ajinomoto has been providing Yuzu with support and advice regarding his athletic dietary needs for 10 years. Yuzu's basic problem was that he did not really enjoy eating. (I will accept this statement for the purposes of this discussion, but I find this a little contradictory when I think about the video about him shoveling back huge mouthfuls of TKG – tamago kake gohan – raw egg on rice – with a full tray of other goodies at the cafeteria-style restaurant.)

Anyway, back to the video. When Kurihara-san heard this – that Yuzu did not enjoy eating – he made it his mission to provide him with food that is not only good for him, but that he would enjoy eating.

The one turning point was when Yuzu told Kurihara-san that he enjoyed gyoza and that he could eat gyoza with every meal. From that point, it wasn't just a case of trying to make a healthy, good tasting gyoza for Yuzu, it was a case of “it will be done” for Kurihara-san.

In order to develop this gyoza for Yuzu, Kurihara-san did a survey of 100 athletes to find out whether they enjoyed eating gyoza and discovered that over 90 did. The problem was that they enjoyed eating gyoza, but it did not fit into their athletic preparations.

So Kurihara-san started experimenting with gyoza to make it healthy and when he thought that he had the proper formula, he had some athletes taste them. When he asked them how it tasted, they politely said that it was “tasty”, but without much conviction.

Kurihara-san went to a professional chef and asked him to taste the gyoza and the chef said that it did not taste like gyoza at all. He suggested making changes that would make it tasty.

As a result, they finally came out with a gyoza that they tried on Yuzu and they show a picture that was taken after he tasted it and he had a big genuine smile. This was proof to Kurihara-san that they had found the perfect formula for healthy and tasty gyoza. They included gyoza in every meal for Yuzu.

They started producing two types of gyoza. Ultimately, Kurihara-san suggests including these gyoza in the diet for Japanese athletes competing in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and later for Japanese athletes competing in the 2022 Beijing Olympics.

Therefore, as a result of Yuzuru Hanyu, Ajinomoto developed a gyoza that was not only healthy, but tasty, and this was an important part of the diet for many Japanese Olympians in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics and 2022 Beijing Olympics.

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].

Many thanks Geo for your detailed summary.:thanks:

A thank you also to Mr. Kurihara for his support of Yuzu over the years. 

Beijing costume cookies :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

New blog from Toshl 

:clapclap4:

[NEWS]

:smiley-love017:

o1080078815114466355.jpg?caw=800

Source 
https://ameblo.jp/toshl-official/entry-12741540268.html

1 hour ago, yuwin said:

serotonin boost. if he's not retiring, i hope we can see him like this again

tumblr_nyit9ef80g1rcnqgoo1_400.gifv

i love the face he makes when he skate so well that he amazes even himself 

Yup! I agreed.Never forgot his amazing win during GPF 2015 (i think that was the competition).

I’ve been considering Yuzu’s Beijing practices my own comfort videos for a while, but got inspired by @ZuCritter and @citrusjunos to share with people offline. 

I don’t know why I doubted that these videos in particular would be “interesting enough” for the non-fans, because for a lot of us they are like listening to a remastered album of an artist’s best hits, they don’t have the context of a full album (the anxiety of the competition, the story behind the program, what’s at stake etcetc), but who says you cannot get into a musician through their best work? 

Not sure if my analogy is even appropriate, music is a entire different world, but you know…

My anecdote is that some friends of mine were actually more interested in the beijing practices than in the stressful performance ones, to my surprise, so we ended up talking about him and gushing over his form and skills in a day I did not expect to bring him up at all. 

Lots of process as a fan in this post Beijing period, and not all negative hehe. 

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Yuzu's full Beijing Olympics SP run-through. It's absolutely beautiful! :heartpound:

i think this is my first time seeing Yuzu put his hands up when he jumped like the ladies skater did. Did he ever do that to other programs? idk why but it really looks pretty for some reason.

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

Short video with English subtitles.

Yuzu wasn't kidding when he said he loves gyoza. These must be really delicious for him to eat them at every meal. :tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow:

I love gyoza too, but eating them every day might get a bit boring for me. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

[NEWS]

Yuzu has always loved gyoza ever since he was a kid as evidenced when he was interviewed for the local Sendai TV program after winning the Junior World Championships. When asked what he enjoyed eating, he replied, “Tonkatsu and gyoza” (pork cutlets and dumplings) which was misinterpreted as “beef cutlets and dumplings” in the English subtitles. When asked what kind of gyoza he liked, he said that he liked the homemade ones which were vegetable gyoza. Yuzu said that he liked  fried foods. 

(Now we know that Yuzu enjoys eating gyoza, tonkatsu and TKG (tamago kake gohan – raw egg on rice. I noticed that he had tonkatsu in the teishoku meal he ordered when he was eating the TKG at the cafeteria-restaurant.)

15 minutes ago, caramelicht said:

i think this is my first time seeing Yuzu put his hands up when he jumped like the ladies skater did. Did he ever do that to other programs? idk why but it really looks pretty for some reason.

Most famously in his short program Chopin's Ballade No. 1 at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics – quad toeloop-triple toeloop with Rippon variation (both arms extended above head).

8 hours ago, caramelicht said:

7 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Most famously in his short program Chopin's Ballade No. 1 at the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics – quad toeloop-triple toeloop with Rippon variation (both arms extended above head).

In addition to the 4T+3T combos in his short programs, he also uses a Rippon on the toeloop of his 3A+2T combos in his free programs, including TenChi. And yes, they are very pretty. I like that it has such an open shape with closed fists, compared to some other skaters' where they have their arms straight up and their palms together.