General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Je sais que c'est un peu hors sujet, mais cela a à voir avec Yuzu et cela pourrait intéresser les nouveaux fans.

Nous étions aux Internationaux Patinage Canada 2019 avec de nombreux satellites et c'était une compétition de rêve pour Yuzu et ses fans. Yuzu a non seulement patiné proprement en compétition, mais il s'est montré très spécial pour ses fans lors de l'exhibition de gala en exécutant les passerelles emblématiques de la Parisienne au niveau de la compétition.

Je l'ai déjà mentionné, mais je le répète. Kelowna n'avait jamais vu un tel afflux de visiteurs internationaux en une fin de semaine auparavant. On a entendu des agents de bord de WestJet dire que c'était le week-end le plus occupé qu'ils aient jamais vu à l'aéroport de Kelowna. Et bien sûr, tout était dû à Yuzu.

Il s'agit d'une publication officielle de Tourism Kelowna sur l'effet de Hanyuconomy lors des Internationaux Patinage Canada 2019.

https://www.tourismkelowna.com/industry/industry-news-centre/post/strong-international-visitation-and-economic-impact-from-2019-skate-canada-international-in-kelowna/

“Kelowna attracted thousands of international visitors and millions in new spend when it hosted the 2019 Skate Canada International from October 25-27, 2019. A report commissioned by Tourism Kelowna and compiled by the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance (CSTA ) revealed that the event generated $5.3 million in total economic activity in British Columbia, including $4.5 million directly in the Kelowna area resulting in $3.3 million in total spending combined by participants and event organizers from out of town.

“Ticketing information showed that more than 3,500 out-of-town visitors attended the international competition, including 45% who were first-time visitors to Kelowna from the United States and 12% from other international countries including Australia, China, England, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia, Switzerland and Taiwan."

Tourism Kelowna never realized it had nothing to do with their efforts or Skate Canada. It had everything to do with Yuzuru Hanyu being right there.

:iagree: also with TokyoDream, your article talks about skating and that the only name of YUZU brings people in droves and it allowed me to know Kelowna which is a beautiful place and the positive impact of the arrival of Yuzu compared to this that I read (I'm not surprised) and this gala where we feel the relaxation without pressure / fun and laughter : yes we would have liked to see them again in 2020 in Ottawa : BUT!? :dry: 

And imagine the impact like that of Kelowa) that Montpellier would have had if Yuzu would have come 

10 hours ago, Melodie said:

A sample of Seiko-san's voice here. She sings both normally and in theater it seems. Really nice voice :) Off topic a bit: I dunno if she and Mai have the same stops but she did a superb cover of Never Enough so it'll be great to see them collab. For Yuzu, maybe not Gurenge but something else soulful and serious? You gotta get at least one singer bell it out strong enough to match Yuzu's intensity, yes? LOL

A sample of NAOTO's music here. I don't think Yuzu will do Origin again but mayhaps Rondo (violin version)?

And here is Taisei-san's :)

They have very different styles and from the sound of it, do well live. The invited artists in the first half are excellent too (yas again to Suga Shikao!!!!) So overall I'm excited :)

A bonus: Shinya Kiyozuka ft. NAOTO. Imagine if Yuzu can perform with both of them live :)

10 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Tourism Kelowna never realized that it had nothing to do with its efforts or Skate Canada. It had all to do with Yuzuru Hanyu just being there.

oh i think they know, but they have to focus on the efforts did by the place. Didn't the commentators during Skate Canada (I think it was Rob and Tracy) kept mentioning how most people are there for one guy. The audience's cameras, media crew, professional photographers are basically following him all the time. It has that iconic Tracy comment, "but at least they got an audience" or something like that. 

TBF, a lot of fans are very supportive of other skaters too. Here's the link for anyone interested cause I really love Tracy commentating on Yuzu.

SP:

FS:

Off season question, but is anyone else addicted to Yuzu's Beijing practices when he skated to his old programs? For some reason, I keep rewatching those videos every day. I think it may just be me trying to cope with everything that happened Beijing Olympics. But also, I think those skates + Haru Yo Koi gala performance is something that we haven't seen in him in a while. Those practice videos remind me of Romeo and Juliet 1.0 back in Worlds 2012 in that he was overflowing with passion. He was also smiling and looked serenely happy while skating.

11 minutes ago, yuwin said:

Off season question, but is anyone else addicted to Yuzu's Beijing practices when he skated to his old programs? For some reason, I keep rewatching those videos every day. I think it may just be me trying to cope with everything that happened Beijing Olympics. But also, I think those skates + Haru Yo Koi gala performance is something that we haven't seen in him in a while. Those practice videos remind me of Romeo and Juliet 1.0 back in Worlds 2012 in that he was overflowing with passion. He was also smiling and looked serenely happy while skating.

me! I love them! he looked so happy and passionate skating them :tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

Nana Fujita (singer, theatre, musical) also visited the Yuzu exhibition :happy:

Rough translation with DeepL 🙏

"I went there the other day! Of course, the content is wonderful, but everyone at this venue is supporting Hanyu ...! When I thought about it, I felt very happy. Blissful time. I was impressed and energized!

[NEWS]

Yuzu & Boyang:peace2:

2 hours ago, yuwin said:

Off season question, but is anyone else addicted to Yuzu's Beijing practices when he skated to his old programs? 

Yes, mee too  :yes:

By the way Sportschau LMEY has now  reached over 3.4 Mio views :clap:

...and here LMEY from Beijing :heartpound:

Thank you everyone for your sending me "Congrats" for FaOI ticket :thanks:

I really looking forward to seeing what program Yuzuru will choose for the show.

I love the videos you have posted, especially "Hall of Fame" and "Empire of Angels" ones, which I think are describing his elegance and delicacy. I also believe "Titanium" is good to express his strength.

4分钟前, SuzyQ说:

Thank you everyone for your sending me "Congrats" for FaOI ticket :thanks:

I really looking forward to see what program Yuzuru will choose for the show.

I love the videos you have posted, especially "Hall of Fame" and "Empire of Angels" ones, which I think are describing his elegance and delicacy. I also believe "Titanium" is good to express his strength.

There are good skaters, there are great skaters, then there is Yuzuru Hanyu.