General Yuzuru Chat

This isn't exactly about Yuzu, but it really reminded me of him, how he encourages others, especially his younger countrymen and women....I saw Tim writing something the other day how Yuzuru had helped him deal with abuse on SMS too - anyways this is lovely :softYuzu:

I'm a relatively new fan so I'm not exactly sure about this.

Would the recent Ice Jewels translation be available/shared to international fans someday? I saw someone translated it from jpn -> chn -> eng, but it got deleted because of translator's requests before I got the chance to read it. 

Or is it typically more like the Aoi Honoo books where you need to provide proof of purchase to get the translation?

I'm holding on to the hope that Yuzu attending all Faoi shows is a sign that his ankles are doing well. 

Also, as a new fan after Beijing Olys, I haven't had the chance to cheer on Yuzu with anticipation in real time so everytime someone says he's not retiring I get way too excited. Only for fans to say he actually has't formally/officially announced yet. 

But at the end of the day, whether he retires or not, it's his decision. 

23 minutes ago, yuwin said:

I'm a relatively new fan so I'm not exactly sure about this.

Would the recent Ice Jewels translation be available/shared to international fans someday? I saw someone translated it from jpn -> chn -> eng, but it got deleted because of translator's requests before I got the chance to read it. 

Or is it typically more like the Aoi Honoo books where you need to provide proof of purchase to get the translation?

Hi ! There are quite a few translators in the "fandom" (Japanese to English) so I imagine we will see a translation in the near future that will get posted on here (usually from twitter).

Like you, I am waiting to see what he says at Fantasy on Ice (surely an interviewer will ask what his plans are, and he'll have to say soonish as GP assignments are out in June usually) and trying to keep calm about it all - I really want Yuzuru to make a decision based on what he truly wants - he is a very determined individual so I believe he will do just that (some fans are worried he will continue for the sake of his fans, but I don't think so, he will consider us of course but we wont be the main factor in determining his competitive career. After all, we will still have opportunity to see him skate after his competitive career ends - and he may have some innovative ideas around that and how he will make it accessible to us all! Yuzuru this is my expectation of you! When you do finish competing please think about all of us, there are so many of us international fans who want to see you...even if touring isn't going to be likely or frequent there is always the virtual world, and also making tickets for Japanese ice shows more easily accessible - tho I am unsure if this is governed by legislation or if Yuzu would have some say in his own ice show sale of tickets - CWW was still lottery wasn't it...)

Anyway I am getting ahead of myself!! Can't wait to see him in FaOI soooooon !!! :cheer:

There is a new poem for Yuzu from the Polish theater actress and poet Edyta Slaczka 

:clapclap4:

Rough translation of Ryuju's words about Yuzu from the Shueisha Sportiva article :10636614:

I hope, he, Yuzu and Keiji will meet again someday.

Another part from Ryuju about Yuzu's 4A in Bejing (see text below)
English translation
https://sportiva-shueisha-co-jp.translate.goog/smart/clm/othersports/figure/2022/04/25/post_39/index_2.php?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de

Hopefully there will be a better translation soon.

[NEWS]

19 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

:wave:  ANNI, Ahhhhh always excellent articles on Yuzu and it's clear that Sendai = Yuzu  :wink_star:   and for Amazon I'm going to go through private messaging, because YES I know this product and on the link I'm going to transfer there is my real identity at the top right and in response you will tell me if the name of the seller is the same : see you :peace2:soon 

Thank you Yuzuwinnie for your kind message. Yes, I will answer you.:yes:

By the way 

We have reached 8000 members here on the Planet.:happy0065:Welcome to all new satellites.

I just happened on this the other day. It is a Chinese fan-vid about Yuzuru Hanyu and Ghislain Briand known as “Coach White Bear” (in Japanese “Shirokumi” – “Shiro” = “White” + “Kuma” = “Bear”) because of his former rotund bear-like appearance and signature white puffer jacket. Now, with his weight loss, I think Ghislain would prefer to be called “The Silver Fox”. LOL!

Remember to turn on the closed caption button in order to see the English subtitles. If you right-click on the Chinese characters below the video you will be given the option of translating the page to English.

Has this video be posted before? It is a Spanish language video entitled, “El Chico Japones Mas Querido En China” – “The Most Loved Japanese Boy in China”. It has a lot of good things to say about Yuzu that all of the Fanyus already knew about. Of course, it’s always nice to hear it again and again and again! Remember to turn on the closed-caption button for the English subtitles.

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Je viens d'arriver sur ce l'autre jour. Il s'agit d'un fan-vid chinois sur Yuzuru Hanyu et Ghislain Briand connu sous le nom de "Coach White Bear" (en japonais "Shirokumi" - "Shiro" = "White" + "Kuma" = "Bear") à cause de son ancien ours rond- comme l'apparence et la doudoune blanche signature. Maintenant, avec sa perte de poids, je pense que Ghislain préférerait qu'on l'appelle "Le Renard Argenté". MDR!

N'oubliez pas d'activer le bouton de sous-titrage pour voir les sous-titres en anglais. Si vous faites un clic droit sur les caractères chinois sous la vidéo, vous aurez la possibilité de traduire la page en anglais.

:wave:  GEO1 : I took a lot of time to decipher what was written there ...... in shortfffff : but does Ghislain know that his fans call him : "the silver fox" given the color of his hair and his physical change? and I like his name (which will, of course, change) of "coach white bear" but a nice BEAR  :hairflip:     and I had seen the friendship between Ghislain and Yuzu / the joy / the laughter and put on his laurel wreath on Ghislain's head and which proves that he is an excellent "bear coach"  :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:  :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:  :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxBXC1qz4rgp:(I think he's a bear?) as nice as  :YuzuPoohLove:   : ah I would like to write to him in French and I know he would laugh about it on its "new name" :peek:

On the other Spanish : around 0:39 Yuzu speaks Chinese? and certainly since Beijing, he is well loved by the Chinese people on all the writings that I have read and hearing his story AGAIN AND AGAIN = no :softyuzu:problem