General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

Some more translations of the same interview (new Ice Jewel). Bring some tissues :cry:

Second edit: the long translation threads have been deleted. I think both were done using the same Chinese translation

I am only linking this thread but the account has many more threads about the interview

Edit. translation was removed at the request of the original Chinese translator.

About continuing or not: even though there has been a strong indication towards continuing in recent days, I believe only when he starts to talk about the next season. Interviews at FaOI would be a natural setting for that. I am so hesitant because it is very important to me and I need something more than just couple cryptic sentences that could be interpreted that way.

21 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

and it is clear that the name of Yuzu is attached to his city of Sendai and HYPER good for tourism  :peace2:  and for the cushion cover I put 1 in the cover (cushion cover ") and not pillowcase ( pillowcase ) as a fanyu wrote: it does not exist on Amazon German? can you find it :heartpound:  

Yuzuwinnie, do you have a link for me? I found this on Amazon. :smiley-love017:

Spoiler

41cppQ4hD6L._AC_SY780_.jpg

"We asked if he would continue to work with us & he gladly accepted ..." 🙏

Edit:

Info for new Fanyus :happy:

[NEWS]

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

Edit. translation was removed at the request of the original Chinese translator.

Yuzu's message :crybaby:

It's really good to know, that all the warm words and voice have reached him.

:softYuzu:

Yuzu, if you are lurking here. We are all proud of you and will of course continue to support you. :heartpound:

1 hour ago, lajoitko said:

About continuing or not: even though there has been a strong indication towards continuing in recent days, I believe only when he starts to talk about the next season. Interviews at FaOI would be a natural setting for that. I am so hesitant because it is very important to me and I need something more than just couple cryptic sentences that could be interpreted that way.

I agree with you. :yes:

4 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Some other translations of the same interview (new Ice Jewel). Bring tissues :weep:

Second edit: Removed long translation threads. I think both were made using the same Chinese translation

I'm just linking this thread but the account has many more threads on the interview

To modify. translation has been removed at the request of the original Chinese translator.

About whether to continue or not: even though there has been a strong indication to continue in recent days, I only believe when he starts talking about next season. Interviews at FaOI would be a natural setting for this. I'm hesitating so much because it's very important to me and I need something more than a few cryptic sentences that could be interpreted that way.

OK, I just read the outline..... and I saw and it HURTED me  :think: reading Yuzu's words : "has a lot of remorse / feeling of having disappointed everyone's expectations " but then felt the warmth and encouragement : NO Yuzu does not devalue you and you are a diamond in the rough  :shout:   and you can be proud of yourself and continue to take care of your ankle and the immense pleasure of seeing you again since 2019 FAITH  :peek:  and perhaps ? the dream that I read of some fanyus (GEO1 I think?) of skating on "empire des anges de T Bergeren" :girlsigh:  

4 hours ago, Anni said:

Yuzuwinnie, do you have a link for me? I found this on Amazon. :smiley-amour017:

Hide content

41cppQ4hD6L._AC_SY780_.jpg

"We asked him if he would continue to work with us and he gladly accepted..." 🙏

To modify:

Info for the new Fanyus :joyful:

[NEWS]

:wave:  ANNI, Ahhhhh always excellent articles on Yuzu and it's clear that Sendai = Yuzu  :wink_star:   and for Amazon I'm going to go through private messaging, because YES I know this product and on the link I'm going to transfer there is my real identity at the top right and in response you will tell me if the name of the seller is the same : see you :peace2:soon 

4 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Some more translations of the same interview (new Ice Jewel). Bring some tissues :cry:

Second edit: the long translation threads have been deleted. I think both were done using the same Chinese translation

I am only linking this thread but the account has many more threads about the interview

Agree, I rather wait and hear it from him. 
Like the user tsuki from the twitter thread also mentioned, I dunno why lots of fans convinced themselves that Yuzu would be cryptic abt this, it doesn’t suit him at all. I think these messages are very standard sport support talk. When he decides for retirement he will call a presscon, will be a big deal. If he decides to stay competing we will hear it in a more lowkey fashion, seeing his on gpf assignments and etc. 

I think for now he just wants space. 

Sorry if I've missed somethin but I'm a bit confused (although excited) about this new interview, how new is it?

The quoted part about him saying he was first disappointed then glad about all the support, reads very similar to the big post-Olympics interview so I'm confused 🤔

3 minutes ago, TokyoDream said:

Sorry if I've missed somethin but I'm a bit confused (although excited) about this new interview, how new is it?

The quoted part about him saying he was first disappointed then glad about all the support, reads very similar to the big post-Olympics interview so I'm confused 🤔

It is from Ice Jewel magazine that was released today (27th). As when was the interview made, I would say some time ago. This magazine has some history to manage to get his interviews at times when he is otherwise unavailable. Also he mentions how his ankle is not healing so quickly as he would have liked and wondering if it needs some more time, so I guess it was definitely at the time when he was already in Japan. On the other hand, FaOI announcement came at the beginning of April, so my best guess would be some time in March (maybe).

On 2022/4/25 at 午後6時33分, Anniさんが言いました:

From Daniel Grassl's IG stories

Question: "How did you start skating?"

Here his answer :agree:

Source:

https://instagram.com/daniel.grassl_official?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I looked for videos of JGP Merano 2008, and found two private ones.

Thank you for the uploader, but I felt a bit dizzy watching them LOL :shocked:

SP:  could not be embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7CRPUoK-ys

FP:

I learned that this was the first time Massimiliano Ambesi saw Yuzuru.

And this young one would become the GOAT as we all know :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

59 minutes ago, lajoitko said:

It is from Ice Jewel magazine that was released today (27th). As when was the interview made, I would say some time ago. This magazine has some history to manage to get his interviews at times when he is otherwise unavailable. Also he mentions how his ankle is not healing so quickly as he would have liked and wondering if it needs some more time, so I guess it was definitely at the time when he was already in Japan. On the other hand, FaOI announcement came at the beginning of April, so my best guess would be some time in March (maybe).

I agree. Let's hope it was much closer to Beijing, when his wounds - both mental and physical - were still fresh. This would explain the remarks about his ankle and these comments about how he felt he didn't meet the expectations (sigh, I just can't, he did, he actually went well beyond).

I also choose to believe he wouldn't decide to attend all the FaOi shows with the ankle still in a bad condition with unclear prospects for recovery. Let his soul and his ankle both heal well. 

3 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Thanks a lot :)

I was thinking about Daniel Grassl and how he had watched Yuzuru back in 2008. I imagine that there are several "young" skaters (that have moved up to senior in the last quad, maybe even before PyeongChang) that saw Yuzuru skating and competing and wanted to be able to reach that level or, at least, skate on the same ice as him. Even Grassl, maybe he thought that by the time he'd get to seniors, Yuzu will have retired. I can't imagine the feeling of being able to compete against (as a men) or alongside (as a woman) the person you have looked up to as a junior.

Also, think about Mone, she skated on the same ice as Yuzuru during JNats, she's 10 years younger than him. I don't think she realized growing up that she'd get to skate at nationals and on the sidelines have Yuzu cheering on her while he was still a competitor himself.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that once more Yuzuru's longevity in the sport hit me unawares.