General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Pammi said:

As Harumi is performing at FaOI, I have been having a listen to her recent music'

This song is called "PRIDE" and it reminded me of Yuzuru's response to a question following his performances at Beijing, asking him what meaning or feeling he had taken away from Beijing, and he said "Pride". 

I looked up the translated lyrics in English:

The heavy rain never seemed to stop, but I held on, waiting for dawn to break
Like the waves that come and go as they please
Let me be strong, as I continue to live on

Though I know nothing goes unchanged
I still wish to somehow stay the same
Within this trembling heart, there still remains
A small sense of pride that lights the dark

Have courage in your heart, keep on dreaming of tomorrow
Even if I stumble, I'll get back up again and find my way towards the light
No words or storms can get in the way of my future
This is a promise to protect my pride

Like dry sand that slips through my fingers
Once I learn the pain of letting go of the things I cannot control
I can be stronger than before

To live without hesitation or regrets
That's what we all long for, but tears are shed in vain
Though confused, we keep looking forward
Believing that one day for sure, these eyes will see the light

Even when I'm afraid, I won't back down I'll keep on fighting
No obstacles or chains can get in the way of my future

The same mistakes I keep repeating over and over
Even in a world where I feel lost
All those feelings I wish I could erase
I know I can turn them all into power
There's a voice somewhere in the distance
I close my eyes and listen, to make sure it's real

Even if I stumble, I'll get back up again and find my way towards the light
No words or storms can get in the way of my future

I can just imagine Yuzu skating to this at an ice show!

What beautiful lirycs. I had never listened to Harumi before and I liked her a lot, I like her voice, sweet and strong at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing FaOI, do you know anything about live streaming?

5 hours ago, Xiupia said:

The only thing I have against this costume is that it doesn’t look like him too much… is way too covered? Hahah Maybe if it had sheer fabric on the back…

But is very beautiful, people speculated (given Satomi’s previous words) that this would fit a heavier song, like GoT type of music piece. 

Hope we see it in a ice show or something. 

You're right, maybe it covers too much :giggle: That makes me wonder, does the taste for showing skin belong to Yuzu or Satomi? In any case, I do not object :8788161:

5 hours ago, Xiupia said:

The only thing I have against this costume is that it doesn’t look like him too much… is way too covered? Hahah Maybe if it had sheer fabric on the back…

@Xiupia Did you see this fanart?? (I posted it in fanart thread earlier!)

Random, but am I the only complete weirdo who would hesitate to go watch Yuzu in real life if given the chance, for the simple reason I don't know if I would be able to handle it? I honestly would be bordering a panic attack. 

"Ladies and gents, I'm afraid we're having to interrupt the competition/show momentarily as someone from the audience has just swan-dived on the ice"

Not that I would do that for real but I would very possibly be crying in fetal position in some corner of the rink just cause I'm about to see Yuzu 😂😂 (for the record I would never be one of those fans who disrespect him by rushing to him or invading his space or whatever).

I swear if he ever comes to the UK or nearby I will be experiencing the biggest dilemma of my life!

@Pammi we definitely think the same and also at the same moment lol Great minds, yeah :gla:

@TokyoDream I understand you! Until JNats this year I had never seen Yuzu on live streaming. The way my heart raced so much watching JNats as Beijing makes me fear that the day I'll see Yuzu in real live I'll die, but I'll die happy. So for me there is no dilemma, with my usual unconsciousness I will go straight to death :nod2:

Oh wow, what a gorgeous design @Anabel and @Pammi !! It does look a little bit more like him right? Lol Sorry Yuzu for keeping you in a box~ 

I think he has A LOT of input in his costume choices, at least a final say, so I imagine the insistence in some consistencies (cool / cold colors, the usual black pants, cleavage and backless…) might come with at least his own taste. 

We have not seen him competing in dark colors as well right. Who knows…

2 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Random, but am I the only complete weirdo who would hesitate to go watch Yuzu in real life if given the chance, for the simple reason I don't know if I would be able to handle it? I honestly would be bordering a panic attack. 

"Ladies and gents, I'm afraid we're having to interrupt the competition/show momentarily as someone from the audience has just swan-dived on the ice"

Not that I would do that for real but I would very possibly be crying in fetal position in some corner of the rink just cause I'm about to see Yuzu 😂😂 (for the record I would never be one of those fans who disrespect him by rushing to him or invading his space or whatever).

I swear if he ever comes to the UK or nearby I will be experiencing the biggest dilemma of my life!

I get you hahahah 

I missed the chance of seeing him once, will not make the mistake again (years ago tho), but I’m not sure if we are going to be the same after the experience. For what is worth, the place will be filled with fans as well, so at least the excitement is shared haha

2 hours ago, Anabel said:

@Pammi we are definitely thinking the same thing and also at the same time lol Great minds, yeah :gla:

@TokyoDream I understand you! Until JNats this year, I had never seen Yuzu live. The way my heart raced so much watching JNats like Beijing makes me fear that the day I see Yuzu in person, I will die, but I will die happy. So for me there is no dilemma, with my usual unconsciousness I will go straight to death :nod2:

Good evening Annabel and TokyoDream : it's my dream to see Yuzu skate live  :girlsigh: and take stars in my eyes behind my glasses and I'll be able to bear it as long as it's my desire, but with butterflies  :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:  and respect, it's ok self 

(well maybe it's a question of age) and both of you must be young  :animated-smileys-character-075: and if I was next to you TokyoDream I would revive you Javi way in "super Javi" and HOP a bucket of water on your head  :LOL: (well, I'm trained to resuscitate, don't worry  :coolio: ) 

Prepare the defibrillator  :animated-smileys-angels-151:  and then Yuzu with Nobu / Akiko (I saw marked on his t-shirt "figure skating in French" who plays KENDAMA https://www.kendama-france.com/kendama-presentation/#: ~:text=What is a Kendama %3F Kendama is a, you will have understood Kendama is a game of skill.   and our bilboquet, it's super hard to play ..... 

JSF released a list with the intended national team for next season: 

(It is a tier list related to funding)

Since Yuzu is the current national champion he is naturally there.

Warning that this does not mean he will 100% compete or anything, it means JSF has the intention of working with and promoting these athletes specifically next season. It also means that at the time of the publication he has not communicated with JSF abt not competing. That’s all for now. 

Edit:

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].
23 minutes ago, Xiupia said:

JSF released a list with the intended national team for next season: 

(It is a tier list related to funding)

Since Yuzu is the current national champion he is naturally there.

Warning that this does not mean he will 100% compete or anything, it means JSF has the intention of working with and promoting these athletes specifically next season. It also means that at the time of the publication he has not communicated with JSF abt not competing. That’s all for now. 

:thanks: for informing us! Even if it's not certain yet, it's enough to make me (foolishly) happy <3 

Guest Mary_kyo

Well, yes, this doesn’t mean he isn’t r-wording but then I think, if he wasn’t serious/willing about continuing, he would most probably announce it early to let other skaters receive the funding. To me it's still a very happy news. 

9 hours ago, TokyoDream said:

Help I'm the same :drowning: I watched his videos casually for a few years but Beijing was my first time watching him in comp live on tv... I felt really sick with anxiety, my hands were shaking lmao:YuzuPoohSad: I can't imagine how bad the anxiety would be watching in person, I'd be a MESS.