General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Being toxically optimistic I already look at the new GP series. Now that Yuzu hasn't competed in the last GP series, didn't medal in Beijing :weeping: and skipped Worlds, all due to his injury :gaah:, would he be able to chose? I mean: He is the reigning Japanese Champion! (Sometimes it seems to me people tend to forget this.) Is he allowed to compete in the same GP as Shoma, Yuma or Nathan (if Nathan keeps competing)? I could imagine Shoma might chose IDF but maybe Yuma and Nathan might stick to America and Asia. Could this mean we might see Yuzu in Europe? :animated-smileys-hello-22: And speaking of Europe, I just checked: ISU calendar of events (still) has a GP in Russia. Do you think this one might be hosted by another country instead? 

(Sorry, I haven't considered any scenario where Yuzu doesn't keep competing ...) :smiley-scared003:

Sorry, I don't have answers to all of your questions but regarding the GP series I know this. The spots are assigned based on Worlds results so that top 1-12 are guaranteed two spots. Top three can express their hope and wishes where to compete, but if all three wants to have the same competition, compromises are made. Usually the 1-3 and 4-6 are kept on separate competitions. The rest of the spots are given according to world standings and season best scores. ISU has not yet updated the world standings for the next season, but Yuzu will be quite low in the standings due to not competing much during the last two seasons. But if he chooses to compete, there should be no problem for him to get two competitions.

Overall, many things are still open regarding the next season. We know that Chen and Zhou are likely to skip at least GP season and concentrating on their studies. There is huge uncertainty if the Russian skaters are able to compete at all and how the possible Russian ban will affect on other skaters (mainly on Kvitelashvili who has been training with Eteri). Also who will host Russia's GP competition? And was there some rumor how China would loose their GP due to COVID restrictions or was I just dreaming? And the biggest question mark is Yuzuru himself. There are too many missing pieces right now and thinking about it just makes my head hurt.

6 hours ago, lajoitko said:

Internet Museum is providing us this virtual mini tour

I just imagine I would be there myself .... 0:) So grateful for this virtual mini tour. Then we can at least take a look at the exhibition from distance.:heartpound:

News clip about the exhibition 

From Tanaka-san's workshop yesterday :happy:

[NEWS]

57 minutes ago, yuwin said:

Satomi Ito Update: Costume for Yuzu with Game of Thrones in mind

https://twitter.com/StmitoD/status/1516686441736450048?s=20&t=hBieYnRoCgwjl4C5m5lvlw

wait... how do you embed tweets?

I click on the dots on the right hand side of the tweet and click "embed tweet" and it takes me to a page with a link.

Here is the costume in colour:

EDIT: It would bring the already glorious contrast between his arms and waist to another level & the high collar would focus on his neck. I also like the dark nighty colour palette and I can try to imagine the effect of the contrasting sparkles on the fabric. 

Guest Mary_kyo

I'm always very fascinated by these side by side comparing posts. It's inspiring to see how he can take perfection to another new level of perfection by improving in every details. Can't wait to see Rondo in full glory in near future too. Judges are blind (by corruption), so they can go to hell, no one cares.

1 hour ago, Sun_Rise said:

EDIT: It would bring the already glorious contrast between his arms and waist to another level & the high collar would focus on his neck. I also like the dark nighty colour palette and I can try to imagine the effect of the contrasting sparkles on the fabric. 

I hope it's one of the chosen ones and we can see Yuzu skating with it, the most beautiful starry night :8788161:

49 minutes ago, Mary_kyo said:

I'm always very fascinated by these side by side comparing posts. It's inspiring to see how he can take perfection to another new level of perfection by improving in every details. Can't wait to see Rondo in full glory in near future too. Judges are blind (by corruption), so they can go to hell, no one cares.

Can't wait too. And yes, the only thing that has gotten worse in the last 5 years is the impartiallity of the judges.

15 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Being toxically optimistic I already look at the new GP series. Now that Yuzu hasn't competed in the last GP series, didn't medal in Beijing :weeping: and skipped Worlds, all due to his injury :gaah:, would he be able to chose? I mean: He is the reigning Japanese Champion! (Sometimes it seems to me people tend to forget this.) Is he allowed to compete in the same GP as Shoma, Yuma or Nathan (if Nathan keeps competing)? I could imagine Shoma might chose IDF but maybe Yuma and Nathan might stick to America and Asia. Could this mean we might see Yuzu in Europe? :animated-smileys-hello-22: And speaking of Europe, I just checked: ISU calendar of events (still) has a GP in Russia. Do you think this one might be hosted by another country instead? 

(Sorry, I haven't considered any scenario where Yuzu doesn't keep competing ...) :smiley-scared003:

Yuzu in Europe? Let's be toxically optimistic together, you never know... And as you can see, you're not the only one who doesn't see Yuzu's retirement as a possibility. For me it is a forbidden word :panic:

3 hours ago, Anni said:

I just imagine I'd be there myself...  0 :) So grateful for this mini virtual tour. Then we can at least take a look at the exhibition from a distance.:heartpound:

Exhibition information clip 

From Tanaka-san's workshop yesterday :joyful:

[NEWS]

Same as you ANNIE, I'm going to dream about it tonight that I'm at this exhibition  :girlsigh: (it will compensate for my not easy morning at work ......) eh YES let's be content with the virtual (it's better than nothing) 

I would see Yuzu in this darker costume, in a future program?! :animated-smileys-character-075: :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

And the :thumbsdown:  :ats2498_livid:judges

A compilation of JNATS since 2004/2015

As Harumi is performing at FaOI, I have been having a listen to her recent music'

This song is called "PRIDE" and it reminded me of Yuzuru's response to a question following his performances at Beijing, asking him what meaning or feeling he had taken away from Beijing, and he said "Pride". 

I looked up the translated lyrics in English:

The heavy rain never seemed to stop, but I held on, waiting for dawn to break
Like the waves that come and go as they please
Let me be strong, as I continue to live on

Though I know nothing goes unchanged
I still wish to somehow stay the same
Within this trembling heart, there still remains
A small sense of pride that lights the dark

Have courage in your heart, keep on dreaming of tomorrow
Even if I stumble, I'll get back up again and find my way towards the light
No words or storms can get in the way of my future
This is a promise to protect my pride

Like dry sand that slips through my fingers
Once I learn the pain of letting go of the things I cannot control
I can be stronger than before

To live without hesitation or regrets
That's what we all long for, but tears are shed in vain
Though confused, we keep looking forward
Believing that one day for sure, these eyes will see the light

Even when I'm afraid, I won't back down I'll keep on fighting
No obstacles or chains can get in the way of my future

The same mistakes I keep repeating over and over
Even in a world where I feel lost
All those feelings I wish I could erase
I know I can turn them all into power
There's a voice somewhere in the distance
I close my eyes and listen, to make sure it's real

Even if I stumble, I'll get back up again and find my way towards the light
No words or storms can get in the way of my future

I can just imagine Yuzu skating to this at an ice show!

3 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

I click on the dots on the right hand side of the tweet and click "embed tweet" and it takes me to a page with a link.

The only thing I have against this costume is that it doesn’t look like him too much… is way too covered? Hahah Maybe if it had sheer fabric on the back…

But is very beautiful, people speculated (given Satomi’s previous words) that this would fit a heavier song, like GoT type of music piece. 

Hope we see it in a ice show or something. 

1 hour ago, Anabel said:

I hope he is one of the chosen ones and that we can see Yuzu skating with him, the most beautiful of starry nights :8788161:

I can't wait too. And yes, the only thing that has worsened in the last 5 years is the impartiality of the judges.

Yuzu in Europe? Let's be addicted optimists together, you never know... And as you can see, you're not the only one who doesn't see Yuzu's retirement as a possibility. For me it's a forbidden word :panic:

:wave:  I add myself to your term  :peace2: "optimistic drug addict" (I haven't guessed where Ulrinis is from?) : the hope keeps alive to see Yuzu again in Europe  :wink_star:  after having admired him (with other skaters and my G&G  :wink2: ) to FAITH 

In the merch, I saw the commemorative t-shirt of his 2018 Olympics victory and it is on sale on EBAY and even the mascot of the last 2022 Olympics 

Nobu and Yuzu in fashion  : knc_yuzu2:   : a little relaxation does not hurt