General Yuzuru Chat

SOS I need help!! I've been looking for the video of Yuzu getting asked when he'll get married by a kid for ages and I can't find it anywhere! I found a gifset and a short clip, but does anyone remember what news channel aired the program? And where one can watch the full thing (preferably with English subs)? I think it's from 2016.

Here's the gifset: 

https://iguana012.tumblr.com/post/136816280626/yuzuru-hanyu-gets-an-unexpected-question-during

@Saawa Thank you! That's cool!

Imagine most of the athletes need some precise instructions from their choreographer when it comes to small postures of the hands... At least that's what I suppose.

Yet Yuzuru shows such a large repertoire and makes his spins unique, body control down to the fingertips. It looks great and it fits the music. And he improvises. Because why not. We don't notice it. Did someone mention he is the GOAT?

29 minutes ago, Anabel said:

A new video with Yuzu unforgettable moments :8788161:

:wave: Good evening Anabel, I was going to post it, you were faster than me  :peace2: and it's clear that Yuzu is very fun and I add that and there are lots of Mrs  : YuzuPoohLove: and again, by chance, July 13 is my birthday. ...... and ALL the fanyus  :thankssign:for your discoveries and I dream of seeing a sakura in :girlsigh:bloom

Good evening @Yuzuwinnie! It's been a weird day today for me, seeing that video when I got home made me very happy, so I wanted to share it :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:Are you from July 13? I'm from July 20 :tumblr_m9gct8HYvv1qzckow:

22 hours ago, Saawa said:

:tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: An appreciation post of Yuzu's creativity in spins :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw:

I have always been captivated by the way Yuzu uses his arms and hands while he spins as part of his performance and music interpretation. He even said he often improvises depending on his current feelings.
Even if it is the same spin, he often adds different details or timing to his arms, hands, fingers or head and thus creates a different vibe of that spin for every program. He considers even the tiniest details down to his fingertips and makes his spins not only very beautiful and musical but also unique to each program. Or sometimes even to each performance. 

Sometimes the differences are incredibly small. For example, his palm may be facing up instead of down. Or he may have his palm wide open instead of in a ballet position, or fist, or pointing with his index finger. And sometimes he actively moves his arms while he spins so there may be multiple poses in one spin. And sometimes it is just a fraction of a second and you only really fully notice the detail in slow-motion or a high resolution picture.

Some of the hand poses or movements he does are not necessarily that difficult. Some other movements may be more challenging, but if one masters one of them, other similar iterations can become quite easy. But many of the poses or movements he does are quite difficult. Especially when he moves them horizontally, off his vertical axis. It is very challenging not to lose speed or balance and not to destroy the centering. And on top of that, it takes more energy because one needs to use other additional muscles. And match it to the music. I have wanted to make this compilation for a long time and only now finally had time for it. It was so much fun to try to find as many different iterations and details of each spin as possible.

Camel positions

Reveal hidden contents

MjfokRA.png

OJio2d0.png

VHQ4Ejg.png

RnYOPc2.png

Sit positions

Reveal hidden contents

VvcdLjo.png

hqeFqNH.png

K7oqDL6.png

idw1715.jpg

fZ8HXOv.png

5GiLDoT.png

Upright positions

Reveal hidden contents

IMTa0sb.png

GyLNCML.jpg

sources: alamy, newscom, photokishimoto, getty, imago, danielleearl photography + screenshots from official videos

This has made me very, very happy, thank you very much @Saawa! I confess that I am somewhat obsessed with Yuzu's spins because of his arms, especially with his sit spins :8788161::10636614:

6 hours ago, YuDai said:

I hope this is going to happen!

Hope it too!! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I am looking respectfully... :peach: :8788161:

Yuzu directly looking into your soul... :8788161:

I'm happy that the LMEY Sportschau video is back! Yaaay! Let's make it the video with the most views on that channel! :ganba:

Hahaha that slow mo video was both wonderful and funny to watch! I can't explain it.

5 hours ago, Yuzuwinnie said:

oh wow, this trailer video actually made me a little emotional hahaha wonder how did they put the "documentary" together, will check it out for sure when it drops - I like this channel, good source for jump knowledge. 

Of course is because of his age, but seeing video compilations like these shared here does reminds me that Yuzu "grew up" as well... his face is almost the same (teeth and cheeks are the only give away), but is nice realising that we had the opportunity to watch him mature. 

ANYWAY. 

Feeling like a older sister here lol 

4 hours ago, themoonknows said:

SOS I need help!! I've been looking for the video of Yuzu getting asked when he'll get married by a kid for ages and I can't find it anywhere! I found a gifset and a short clip, but does anyone remember what news channel aired the program? And where one can watch the full thing (preferably with English subs)? I think it's from 2016.

Here's the gifset: 

https://iguana012.tumblr.com/post/136816280626/yuzuru-hanyu-gets-an-unexpected-question-during

judging by the date + visit to Iwate being referenced + Yuzuru's clothes, I thought it must have been part of the same segment filmed for Memories of that day and the charity NHK exhibition special aired in early January 2016.

Indeed, consulting this thread I found some partial footage and it's all linked to the NHK Special EX. No subs, but you can find a translation of the Yuzuru's short Q/A with kids here: https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/136930360207/7th-jan-tv-news-on-yuzuru-in-otsuchi-iwate-my  :10636614:

and here the NHK Special Ex.

videos I found:

30minutes long offstage (kids at 9:40. Also, Chopin 4S-SE at 11:50 and the glorious SE-3A-SE-3A-SE, 14:32 loooong hydroblade)

a special talk (there's Plushenko in too) with an ever shorter fragment (partial translation of the talk: https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/137006551447/talk-with-yuzuru-plushenko-and-mao-at-nhk-special)

About the actual footage of kids sitting down and asking the unfamous marriage question, I could only find a 480p 3minutes long fragment (only half with the kids in) in the (currently MIA) HanyuMuseum archive. I'll try to upload it tomorrow (actually, later today LOL), unless someone else can find better version.

HanyuMuseum had named the segment "160109 Teremasa Coverage of Yuzuru Hanyu".

The date of the Teremasa footage (and also of the vids uploaded by YzRIKO above) is two days after the one referenced by yuzusorbet translation, same for the giftset. The broadcaster in the gifset looks different too, so there must have been another broadcast before January 7th that I can't find (and if not even Kaeryth could find and add it to her compilation...well :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

Maybe something could be dug out on bilibili, but I'm not the most proficient in searching stuff there.

I thought I had seen a full sub of the NHK special Exhibition but maybe I'm mixing up with other things :/ in video section we only have a 10minute dubbed/subbed version of Hana wa Saku at NHKExhibition

Anyway, I'm linking also this 30minutes footage of New Year on Ice 2016 (that I often mix with the NHK exhibition)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av3866265/

(I think some NewYear show footage can be found in Jounetsu Tairiku from April 2016, while Memories of that day doc is is linked to the NHK Special)

In this other compilation there are more links for vids of the NHK special vids, like Requiem (no additional kids footage)

To use the compilations in this subforum you need to know which type of event was (competition/iceshow/others like backstage) and the year (alternatively, name of the comp and go through all the years). Some links are sadly offline now, but there's many links and some aren't in the video section, like those abotu NHK special ex. backstage, so it's a useful complementary tool when searhcing for Zuzu vids:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

Some information about exhibition goods and their shipping schedule 

This proxy thread has been posted before but I post it again for those who are considering buying 

Also Nishikawa has a new campaing. The pillowcase must be something extraordinary with that price. 

[NEWS]