General Yuzuru Chat

On 4/7/2022 at 1:01 AM, EisElle said:

If the second commentator was a Scottish man, then maybe you could actually be mixing with 4CC17 BEsp commentary? Iirc, there was a Scottish dude there (and I remember it being Mark Hanretty, so it fits with what @Geo1 said). I don't revisit that particular commentary cuz I remember being pissed at Mark* (or maybe at Simon too, and I can't even recall anymore why🙈 maybe it had to do with him not having a clue about the YOLO layout? Or maybe comments on other skaters?).

You can find the link to GD drive of whole group here, just in case

*reason why I wasn't exactly enthralled when he was first announced for Stockholm ISU commentary. I can hold grudges for a looong time:smiley-angry026: Thankfully, in WC21 he was better than some of his colleagues (tho he, too, could have done some more research on programs he commented on, but for the standard of FS commentary what I heard was good enough, I suppose, at least the limited parts I heard)

Thank you very much indeed for the link - at least I recognize the voice. :happy: So it probably was Mark Hanretty, but I had never seen 4CC17 before. Interesting comment here of Yuzu's commitment compared to Shoma's ...  So, yeah, understand what you mean ...  :scratch3: 
In the video I remember (which MUST have been of WC17) this co-commentator was first speechless, then full of praise, I think he even giggled because he found Yuzu's performance so overwhelming. I remember the two of them saying something about real greatness and that it's a privilege to be witnessing something so beautiful. In contrast to what they had said during the warmup when Yuzu seemed to have no chance and off-camera his jumps didn't look good to them. OK, I have to face it - the video must have been taken down but at least I can almost be sure now that it was BEsp. :thanks:

"We're in the presence of real greatness" is SimonR's first sentence right at the end of GPF15 Seimei.

Well, I hope at some point the besp Helsinki group will resurface, it was a mixed last group in terms of mistakes, so gpf15 was actually better, but gosh it was thrilling, with the top 4 all above 300 (even considering that some of those over 300 scores were pretty inflated)

(tho maybe the no commentary version is better for my petty self🤔)

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I didn't know Yuzu actually got certificates for his world records. So, he should have 19 of these certificates. I wonder what he does with them. And look at his cute kitty paw in the pic. :space:

Tbh idk if he got a new certificate per every comp during a season, iirc we got "evidence" for this particular set of records, but or example not for the NHK15 ones? Idk

I guess that formally every new record at the end of a certain comp would deserve such an acknowledgement... and do they count the records that are immediately broken by someone else in a comp?:scratch3:  maybe they do send mail to everyone who breaks a record even if record is replaced right after... in that case, they must be very busy every time the ISU restarts a scoring system LOLsob

Speaking of which, I actually have no idea whether "Guinness records" were reset for the 5 GOE system too... If they did, Yuzuru would have got at least a certificate for the SP by the end of 2018-19 season and then 2019-20, but if not, then the record from ACI17 was still the one counted towards "highest SP score ever" darn the 4CC20 Ballade underscoring:curse:

An aside, afaik NHK15/GPF15 was the only instance in Men's skating under the IJS of a skater resetting all 3 WRs in 2consecutive comps. From a quick look at ISU Progression of best scores, the only skater who came close under the 3goe system was Plushenko back in 2003 (so still at the start of the IJS), but he could "only" set 5 back to back records (his SP didn't get WR in the 2nd comp).

Under 5goe system, Yuzuru reset all 3 records in HelsinkiGP18 and, after a new record in RC18 SP, he could have been on his way for two more (or at least one)... but well, injury happened:sigh: we'll never know what could have been 

Anyway, even under the new cursed 6.0bis system, Yuzuru is the Men's skater that came the closest to repeating such a feat, setting 4 records across 2 back to back comps. Not bad for someone who is often "accused" of not being able to skate clean programs back to back :P

Ahhh, the talk about Guinness records reminds me of the whole "NOT a WR!!! It's ISU Highest recorded score" controversy:roll:

Fans who weren't around in April2017 maybe (luckily?) don't know what it was about, but for my starry-eyed bb fanyu self was a wake up call that FS fandom can be a big BIG mess, and unexpectedly (for me back then) nasty

5 hours ago, Anni said:

Merci d'avoir partagé. J'ai trouvé cette traduction du dialogue vraiment intéressante. :Yes:

[NOUVELLES]

Yuzu with Pooh-san :puddingpooh:

I wish there was Pooh rain again for Yuzu. :dancingpooh:

Good evening ANNI : oh that YES I wish to see again a shower of  : YuzuPoohLove: which we miss so much.....  

Of course, that I suspect that ALL athletes must follow a diet before a competition to have good resistance and performance and I had "hall of fame" translated and it's quite WOOOO for Yuzu  :hairflip:  and here it is again in his laughs in 2 parts and also an adorable one  :10815002: :20111123175531c17:  and as I already wrote, there is a Yuzu falling at the end of the ACI 2014 / 2015 medal ceremony where he has his flowers in his hands and I don't found more :thankssign:....

7 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

I didn't know Yuzu actually got certificates for his world records. So, he should have 19 of these certificates. I wonder what he does with them. And look at his cute kitty paw in the pic. :space:

I believe you have to request them and there is certain procedures for that. I don't remember how things went for these three, but if you look at ANA stands, they probably had something to do with it. It was summer 2016 and Yuzu's first public appearance since the injury. Addition to these, I remember just one Guinness certificate. It may be PW WR after Sochi. It was some ice show/gala and he was standing on ice with Mao, who also got her certificate. Yuzu was wearing Hana ni nare costume and almost dropped the certificate.

"The heaven, the earth, and him in the middle" - when I got to this point in the text, I had to pause reading. 

For me by far the most touching piece I read about Beijing - it's written from a perspective of a person who was a fan/admirer already before Beijing, so it was completely different for me. But somehow I can totally relate.

Nobu and a professional ballet dancer talking about Yuzu. Yuzu's musicality and interpretation of music are absolutely amazing. That's why his programs and performances are mesmerizing masterpieces that people watch and enjoy over and over again. :heartpound:

[NEWS]

ETA:

Lae updated this thread and it's much longer now. You can read the whole thread on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Yuzurella said:

Nobu and a professional ballet dancer talk about Yuzu. The musicality and interpretation of Yuzu's music is absolutely amazing. That is why his programs and performances are fascinating masterpieces that people watch and enjoy again and again. :heartpound:

[NEWS]

I'm not surprised that Nobu and a pro dancer are talking about Yuzu and  : iagree: with what you've written and read too  : clapclap4:  and I saw (and I think I posted) a video of a ballet pro analyzing a Yuzu program : is that Yamakai? 

The mask pockets are beautiful and very soft in color 

Here is a compilation on Yuzu and read the words of the young Yuzu who achieved his dreams and it's on : "hall of fame" and be proud of you and with Bing Dwen Dwen :surprised_pikachu:

10 hours ago, Sun_Rise said:

"The heaven, the earth, and him in the middle" - when I got to this point in the text, I had to pause reading. 

For me by far the most touching piece I read about Beijing - it's written from a perspective of a person who was a fan/admirer already before Beijing, so it was completely different for me. But somehow I can totally relate.

Thank you very much for posting. Absolutely spot on article about Yuzuru's  performances in Beijing :rock:

If he ever has doubts about whether his skating means something to everybody, I hope he finds and reads the article and be immensely proud of his performances and looks to the future with great confidence and happiness.

The contrast between these two is so funny! Poor Boyang couldn't even stay on his feet afterward. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

According to Google Translate, the Chinese caption means "Hanyu Yuzuru's princess hug is to make Hanyu Yuzuru happy, while Jin Boyang's princess hug is to make Liu Xinyu happy." :grin:

4 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

The contrast between these two is so funny! Poor Boyang couldn't even stay on his feet afterward. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

According to Google Translate, the Chinese caption means "Hanyu Yuzuru's princess hug is to make Hanyu Yuzuru happy, while Jin Boyang's princess hug is to make Liu Xinyu happy." :grin:

He seemed to be so careful with Yuzu while with Boyang, he was basically flinging him around :68468287: