General Yuzuru Chat

21 hours ago, Xiupia said:

CFanyus delivering amazing content once again ~ 

We know that Kikuchi is older and might not feel as inclined to travel and work odd schedules as before, but I still miss seeing him by Yuzu’s side. Hope they are reunited right now, he was always such a rock for him. 

full video in this link: 

http://xhslink.com/NyowAg 

I really missed Yuzu today 

missing Kikuchi too:sigh: (and Yuzuru of course, every day it's Missing Yuzu day for me,:sigh:x100 )

Kikuchi was a loyal and trusted trainer since Yuzuru was a bb mushroom, helping him with physiotherapy, and Yuzuru trusted him to the point of asking him to go to comps with him, even when he was training basically fulltime in Toronto:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow: Kikuchi's Sochi experience retelling made me feel for him, being suddenly thrust right amidst the olympic whirlwind :embSwan: link to the masterpost with all Angelica's translations was already shared I think, but here

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/2720256101555512/

it's the Sochi one I'm referring to. Worth reading also the two previous ones about GPF13 and Yuzuru asking him to go to OWG.

Still wondering where the heck some media pulled the idea that Kikuchi was some kind of "spiritual guide".. or warlock:shocked:  poor man was just helping with physio and warm up, and bandaging Yuzu up (Zu unfortunately needed that entirely too often) and he always looked very caring and sweet and polite. Maybe the assortment of tools he brought for Yuzu caused bemusement (I remember commentators going ?????? during that PCwarmup vid of Yuzu on the wheeled stool. I'd love using such a stool!:biggrin:) but each of them actually was used with th epurpose to "mobilize" certain muscles, so they may have been unconventional, but they weren't esotheric...

I hope Kikuchi san is enjoying his retirement <3

@Ulrinis I've been searching for your WC2017 vid, too, but can't find full group for neither BESP nor BBC:13877886:  Currently I can only find Yuzuru's FS alone (here the BBC one for reference. I love that commentary too:img_21: especially the comment about how no one could have jump as light and elegant as Yuzu, and how there's no tension in his upper body when landing nad skating. This last thing was also noted in the #BalleticYuzu posts by italian dance teacher. It's one of those "effortlessness require effort" things and part of what makes Yuzuru's skating look so natural IMO)

BESP after Yuzuru's H&L, as he waited for scores, did mention that 6-min warm up hadn't been working, but no coffee thing as far as I can tell. BBC had Robin Cousins and a lady commentating instead, so if you remember two guys, it was 99% likely BESP. CBC and NBC, just like BBC, had a woman too, and Australian SBS had only one guy (I think?

sigh, at some point there was BESP whole group on YT, but must have been on one of those big channels that got taken down a while ago :/

half unrelated, can anyone maybe confirm to me if this vid is by russian ESP? It "sounds" russian to my ears, but it's not like I actually understand anything of the language, so I'd like to be sure before editing the info:laughing:

Also taking this chance to say: if you find mistakes on vids in the video section (like wrong title or something), other than commenting under the thead you can also tag me, if you want. I'm not a mod, but I can edit the video section too, so I can fix these kind of things if needed:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

shoutout to all out uploaders for bringing to the Planet archive all that content!:bow:

New merch from the exhibition :happy:

17 hours ago, Yuzurella said:

The volunteers in Beijing giving Yuzu hearts after his performance. They actually prepared and waited for him to turn in their direction. That's so sweet. :heartpound:

This is really a heartwarming scene. :8788161:

On 4/2/2022 at 7:16 PM, lajoitko said:

Update on Yuzu's sakura tree

Here a new video 🌸

[NEWS]

Yuzu's sakura tree grows really well. 🌸🌸

1 hour ago, Anni said:

Wow...amazing work :heartpound:

It's really cute: Yuzu first looked at his photo projection on the mirror, then he clapped happily. :tumblr_inline_n2pje39gH11qdlkyg :

[NEWS]

:wave:  ANNI, oh how I love your posts on Yuzu  :headdesk:  and the diversity in addition: in lego WOOOO (and we have already seen in a balloon) the LOVE of the Beijing volunteers  :heartpound: and the laughter of Yuzu  :peek:and the news of his sakura and, for my part, his courage to go see this cursed hole..... and here is a video of a comparison (if I'm not mistaken?) between Yuzu's LMEY of the WTT 2021 and his "acrobatic" reception and a Daisuke's old program from 2007 and it causes step sequences and differences between 2007 and 2021/22 skating and Daisuke is good talent too and I add "Hanyu Yuzuru san" 

16 hours ago, EisElle said:

@Ulrinis I've been searching for your WC2017 vid, too, but can't find full group for neither BESP nor BBC:13877886:  Currently I can only find Yuzuru's FS alone (here the BBC one for reference. I love that commentary too:img_21: especially the comment about how no one could have jump as light and elegant as Yuzu, and how there's no tension in his upper body when landing nad skating. This last thing was also noted in the #BalleticYuzu posts by italian dance teacher. It's one of those "effortlessness require effort" things and part of what makes Yuzuru's skating look so natural IMO)

BESP after Yuzuru's H&L, as he waited for scores, did mention that 6-min warm up hadn't been working, but no coffee thing as far as I can tell. BBC had Robin Cousins and a lady commentating instead, so if you remember two guys, it was 99% likely BESP. CBC and NBC, just like BBC, had a woman too, and Australian SBS had only one guy (I think?

sigh, at some point there was BESP whole group on YT, but must have been on one of those big channels that got taken down a while ago :/

half unrelated, can anyone maybe confirm to me if this vid is by russian ESP? It "sounds" russian to my ears, but it's not like I actually understand anything of the language, so I'd like to be sure before editing the info:laughing:

Also taking this chance to say: if you find mistakes on vids in the video section (like wrong title or something), other than commenting under the thead you can also tag me, if you want. I'm not a mod, but I can edit the video section too, so I can fix these kind of things if needed:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

shoutout to all out uploaders for bringing to the Planet archive all that content!:bow:

Thank you very much indeed for this valuable information. :thanks: Yes, I remember that I had watched the video not on YouTube but probably directly on the website of the broadcasting station. I watched it almost every day on my mobile in November 2018 after returning from Helsinki GP while staying in a hotel, attending a training course and longing for my family and for Yuzu :crybaby:. I had just googled his name and got the link to video but, baby fanyu as I was at that time, I wasn't aware it would be taken down (like Sportschau LMEY). If I remember correctly, the co-commentator (probably a retired figure skater) had a Scottish accent. At least to me it sounded Scottish. 

And yes, the video you are referring to definitely has a Russian commentator. It was also offered to me when I was searching for the other video which seams to have disappeared. :happy:

3 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Thank you very much indeed for this valuable information. :thanks: Yes, I remember that I had watched the video not on YouTube but probably directly on the website of the broadcasting station. I watched it almost every day on my mobile in November 2018 after returning from Helsinki GP while staying in a hotel, attending a training course and longing for my family and for Yuzu :crybaby:. I had just googled his name and got the link to video but, baby fanyu as I was at that time, I wasn't aware it would be taken down (like Sportschau LMEY). If I remember correctly, the co-commentator (probably a retired figure skater) had a Scottish accent. At least to me it sounded Scottish. 

And yes, the video you are referring to definitely has a Russian commentator. It was also offered to me when I was searching for the other video which seams to have disappeared. :happy:

The fellow with the Scottish accent would be Mark Hanretty, former ice dancer.

3 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

Is this the one you are looking for? However, there is no comments. 

6 hours ago, Ulrinis said:

If I remember correctly, the co-commentator (probably a retired figure skater) had a Scottish accent. At least to me it sounded Scottish. 

If the second commentator was a Scottish man, then maybe you could actually be mixing with 4CC17 BEsp commentary? Iirc, there was a Scottish dude there (and I remember it being Mark Hanretty, so it fits with what @Geo1 said). I don't revisit that particular commentary cuz I remember being pissed at Mark* (or maybe at Simon too, and I can't even recall anymore why🙈 maybe it had to do with him not having a clue about the YOLO layout? Or maybe comments on other skaters?).

You can find the link to GD drive of whole group here, just in case

*reason why I wasn't exactly enthralled when he was first announced for Stockholm ISU commentary. I can hold grudges for a looong time:smiley-angry026: Thankfully, in WC21 he was better than some of his colleagues (tho he, too, could have done some more research on programs he commented on, but for the standard of FS commentary what I heard was good enough, I suppose, at least the limited parts I heard)

An article with photographers Mr Tanaka and Mr Nao Noto, who have been shooting Yuzu for quite a while! They talk about their work, about Yuzu and share their work stories. From the exhibition website.

There might be a translation soon, but wanted to share for those who wanted to check already ~ 

This post has been tagged by yuzuangel as [NEWS].